“OMG!!!”

Dining options: Reservations
Tyler, United States
“OMG!!!”
Reviewed January 11, 2013

I have never been disappointed when I come to Breakers. If I want amazing seafood, and amazing cocktails I go here. The shrimp and grits are a must try. I don't even like grits, but they are fantastic here. Try the drink called the Orange Kush, you'll thank me. My mouth is watering just typing this review!!

Visited December 2012
2 Thank Tiffany M

Tyler, Texas
“Great privately owned restaurant”
Reviewed January 1, 2013

Great for a different seafood meal. It's not like a regular chain restaurant. Food is ok. Red Lobster but nowhere near a Landry's.

Visited October 2012
“Good food - poor service”
Reviewed November 30, 2012 via mobile

The food is good, not great. The prices are very reasonable. The wait staff is sub-par. I will try a place 3 times before I fully form an opinion. After the 3, I doubt we will go back based on the service alone.

Texas
“A Seafood Joint?”
Reviewed November 12, 2012

Pretty good food, we enjoy our occasional visits to Breakers. But the atmosphere and location are a bit odd, tightly wedged in between a fenced parking lot and another small business: I'm not sure what the California feel is supposed to be. There's certainly nothing like surf or hippies around. Then there's that sign on the wall about clothing optional ....huh? I guess that's a sort of a joke. Whatever! Anyway, the foods good, service acceptable, prices a little much, but OK. It's just the atmosphere doesn't seem to fit, though.

Visited October 2012
Larue, Texas
“Nice change of pace”
Reviewed November 8, 2012

We really liked this little California style cafe. I've never had fried avocado slices and they were great! The bar and cocktail area were nice and the shrimp and grits were some of the best I've ever had. Place is small and kind of open, so if you're looking for a quite intimate place it's not really that. Also tends to lean more towards the adult drinking crowd so I would avoid bringing my children unless you don't mind being within earshot and view of the bar. Really enjoyed this place all around.

• Visited October 2012