“Above Average and Good Value”

Broadway Inn & Suites
Ranked #12 of 37 Hotels in Tyler
Reviewed May 21, 2010

We often stay at Country Inns because they are consistently comfortable and clean. This one which is about 5 miles south of downtown Tyler appears to be fairly new, and is very nice. It's situated back a few hundred yards from the busy highway, so you don't get traffic noise. There are numerous restaurants and shopping venues in this area (seems to be the best side of Tyler), although the top restaurants seem to be downtown.

Our standard room had all the expected comforts, and was better furnished than the typical Country Inn. The free breakfast was typical for the chain, with a few hot items. Staff were friendly and helpful on restaurant selection. The room rate was only $80 or so---quite a good value. Our only complaint was that there was no water in the fitness room, and the fitness room could have been better cleaned.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed March 22, 2010

We came in for the Beauty and the Beast bicycle ride and decided to stay here. We got a great military rate of 70.00. Very clean and new. Hotel staff was nice and gave us a late check out even though they really needed to flip the room. Bfast was ok, but these included breakfast places (other then embassy suites) are really never that good. Did not sleep too well because there were doors slamming all night (guest fault not hotels) and its just not my tempurpedic bed.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 17, 2010

Stayed two nights March, 2010 with my wife on golf trip during Spring break. New facility lived up to the website reviews. Includes surprising number of amenities for a bargain hotel (business center, fitness center, laundry, pool, complimentary cookies and continental breakfast). Was a bit surprised by the lack of a bathtub (large shower only), but since my wife and I are both shower people, it suited us fine. I just didn't remember seeing that on the website. Manager's special $69.95 per night easy on budget, front desk people very friendly and helpful. Good place to stay in a small town.

Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 4, 2010

This is a great hotel in all respects except for the king size bed. It had some kind of thick plastic tarp between the sheet and the mattress. That made the bed very lumpy and very uncomfortable. Otherwise, this hotel is excellent. But stop and think - what do you go to a hotel for in the first place??? To sleep! DUH!

What a shame. They get everything right and then blow it on the bed.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed February 7, 2010

I've been staying at the Country Inn & Suites in Tyler since 1/25/10. I can't say enough good things about this place. Rebecca and Niki at the front desk have been so nice to me, greeting me every morning and afternoon and always asking me if I need anything. This hotel is top notch. From the free hot breakfast every morning to the free computers in the business room, you couldn't ask for a better hotel. Not to mention the fitness room and indoor pool and hot tub. The staff is always cleaning the public areas and that is nice to know. This is the best place to stay in Tyler by far and I recommend it 110%.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed February 3, 2010

I don't usually stay at Country Inn & Suites, but based upon the reviews I decided to try this one.

The hotel is new and very clean. My stay was comfortable (minus the close call with a tornado) and the staff was attentive enough.

I'd stay again...this hotel is great for business and families.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed January 26, 2010

I didn't even stay here for 24 hours, but for the time that I was there, I thoroughly enjoyed my stay. The only reason I gave this 4 stars and not 5 stars is because the people at the front desk could've been a little bit friendlier. They weren't rude, but I also didn't walk away with that feeling of, "Oh, they were very nice and welcoming". It wouldn't prevent me from staying there again, but it's just an improvement that they can work on to be better.

Aside from that, the parking lot felt safe and was well lit at night, and I never had any trouble with my room keys working. When I walked into my room, I was relieved and pleasantly surprised to have such a cozy room. It looked exactly like the pictures! Everything about this room had a modern feel to it. The shower was a walk-in that could fit 3 people easily. No shower curtains, just a clear door which I thought was cool! I liked everything about how this room was decorated. The colors were nice and warm and complemented each other. The furniture is current and up-to-date, nothing dated here. The fridge and microwave were clean and lacked of any lingering smells from previous use. I had a king sized bed to myself that was pretty comfortable. The t.v. was a nice size and offered a good variety of channels. And even though I didn't have my computer, I was able to go to their computer room on the 1st floor and use one of the two computers available. They were large, flat screen desktops that didn't lack in speed. So that was great. Ice and soda machines were on each floor and I even spotted a washing machine and dryer on the 1st floor. Ironing board was in my rooms closet. There's also a laundry mat across the street though just in case the one in the hotel is already in use.

Another thing you should know is that this hotel is in a great location! I actually live near the Tyler area, and this is one of the few hotels that is surrounded or near everything! Minus the airport and a few convention centers. But it's literally across the street from a Target and Walmart Supercenter. A Cheddar's, 3 different pizza chains, a Whataburger, KFC, movie theater, Kohl's, $1.00 store, Payless...All this within walking distance or short driving distance. And there are more restaurants and a mall within 5 minutes away. Maybe less depending on traffic. I didn't get a chance to check out the breakfast, but maybe next time if I stay there again. Which I would be highly likely in the future!

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple