WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Tyler South

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Tyler South
Ranked #10 of 38 Hotels in Tyler
Temple, Texas
“Great Hotel! Awesome Staff!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2014

I brought a group of about 20 people for a meeting for three days and will definitely be booking here again. I travel for a living and I have yet to meet another hotel staff so friendly! They went above and beyond and I am so incredibly impressed with their customer service. I also received nothing but positive feedback from my employees who stayed at the hotel for these meetings (which is HUGE coming from a group of super picky people!) Thank you La'Keidra and Cavin for making our experience absolutely wonderful and I look forward to working with you both more in the very near future!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Cavin V, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Tyler South, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed our staff and our services. We look forward to your next stay with us in the future and hope to meet your needs as well then.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Humble, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2014 via mobile

We are originally from Tyler, and when visiting family, we sometimes stay in a hotel to make it seem more like a vacation. We have stayed here many times over the years, but this was definitely our last time here. The property has been neglected and it shows beginning when you walk in. The room was dirty, carpet was disgusting with stains, and the bathroom was horrible. The shower was so moldy, there is no way that it was being cleaned between customers. The towels were paper thin and rough. The bedding had stains, and never should be reused looking the way they did. The breakfast area also needs to be updated..stained carpets and sofas and chairs. The food items were not appetizing, we skipped that and went to our fav "The Diner". Not sure what has happened to this hotel, whether it was sold, or different management, but if things stay this bad, I can foresee this closing for lack of clientèle. I would DEFINITELY NOT recommend this place.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank meikner
Cavin V, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Tyler South, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Thank you for reaching out and writing your review. We are sorry you were not satisfied with the accommodations of your room. We will discuss the conditions of your room with our staff to ensure all guest rooms are up to Country Inns and Suites by Carlson standards. To discuss your stay further, please contact the hotel directly, and ask for (Cavin Vaughn/Front Office Manager).
College Station, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2014

When I stayed at the Hotel it was comfortable, clean, close to where I was doing business and the people were friendly and helpful. The room was clean and up-to-date, the bed was comfortable. I do not appreciate being instructed to make longer reviews than what I want to make; If you don't like the reviews that I am willing to fill out, don't send anymore to me.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed our guest services here at CIS. We look forward to your next stay.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2014

We stayed here as part of a wedding party on a weekend in April. The wedding venue was pretty far outside of Tyler & the hotel was located close to several shops & restaurants off the main highway. It was easy to get to and from. The main issue of it being so far back from the road made it a little difficult to find our turn, we almost missed it several times - the hotel sign was partially covered by the restaurant sign in front of it. So be careful, you might miss your turn! The staff was very nice & friendly. They went out of their way to help us, including letting us roam around in their kitchen putting the rehearsal cake in the fridge. VERY impressed with their willingness to help us out. The cleaning staff was great too, our housekeeper was nice enough to go back to our room to clean when I had a minute to leave the hotel to pick up wedding supplies. The breakfast wasn't great, but at least it was something. It wasn't replenished often & didn't taste great, but functional. The pool was a nice temperature & size for a few people to swim, but the chlorine levels were way off & made some people in our party sick. (Even though they said it was a salt water pool.... obviously not, it was full of chlorine.) Our room was clean & functional. One of our party had a suite, which was just ok & not much bigger than our single king - wouldn't find it worth the extra $ unless you really want a couch. We had a back room on the first floor (away from broadway ave) & it was pretty quiet. Of course you hear the above room, but wasn't bad at all. Several of our party used the workout room and said it was ok, the treadmill was broken at the time, but there were other cardio equipment to use. The only thing we thought the hotel needed was a little outdoor seating area. And at times the wifi was spotty because it was being bogged down by so many users. All & all, this was a very functional hotel, clean & good for our purposes - not too many frills & fuss. I do believe there are a few higher end hotel chains in this same area, if you were looking for more luxury.

Room Tip: Don't spend the extra $ for a suite unless you want a couch & small sitting area. It really...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Arlington, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2014

We stayed in this hotel March 10-11, 2014, leaving on the 12th. Based on other reviews, I expected better than what we got. The room was adequate, but the carpet was in dire need of cleaning. It had a microwave and refrigerator, a plus when traveling with small children. We also enjoyed the pool. When we returned to our room the afternoon of the 10th, I noticed the kleenex dispenser, empty when we arrived, was still empty, the trash can by the desk had not been emptied, and the cups and other disposables we had used had not been replenished. I reported this to the desk clerk, Terence, but finally had to retrieve the items from the front desk and empty the trash myself. By the night of the 10th, the trash in the vending area on our floor was overflowing as well. The morning of the 12, when we were leaving, I mentioned the trash issue in our room, as well as the trash in the vending area on our floor, now there for two full days. The front desk manager, Cavin, asked me if I had reported the housekeeping issues, and I told him I had reported them to Terence. He checked his incident log and told me there was nothing on the log indicating that I had reported them. I took a picture of the overflowing trash and emailed it to the general manager of the hotel, but I have had no response from him. I understand this is a smaller "budget" hotel, but in my opinion, they don't live up to what they advertise.

• Stayed March 2014
texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2014 via mobile

This was a great place to stay. People were friendly and the room was awesome. I went back a week later and stayed in the same hotel because of the great experience I had. The room was very clean. They even had appetizers when I was checking in. The breakfast was great also!

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Cavin V, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Tyler South, responded to this review, March 14, 2014
Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed our property and staff. We look forward to your next stay.

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2014

This was my first stay at Country Inn & Suites, my hotel of choice is the Spring Hill suites...then not now. I will be switching my stay to Country Inn & Suites for so many reason. This staff is so pleasant the minute you walk in you are greeted by a smile from the staff. The Hotel itself is immaculate! and so warm as if you are visiting a friend. The rooms are super clean and the bed is so relaxing. I just love the room. I worked out in the gym and I had a quite place to work in the business center.

I love the breakfast not a continental breakfast but a wide selection of choices including a hot delicious breakfast and the Hotel changes it up so not to have the same thing every day.

If you every visit Tyler, Texas I give this hotel 5 stars. I can not tell you one single thing I did not like. I had a very pleasant stay.:)

Room Tip: I love the suite if its in you budget make sure you enjoy it...Suites are large and Sunny.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Cavin V, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Tyler South, responded to this review, February 20, 2014
This is the kind of feedback we love to hear from our guest. I am very happy to say that we thank you for the awesome review and for choosing our property to stay. It was our honor to house you and service you with a smile. We look forward to your next visit and we hope that that stay will be as inviting as the last.