“The worst motel I have ever attempted to stay in”

Americas Best Value Inn - Winona/Tyler
Ranked #31 of 38 Hotels in Tyler
Edgewood, TX
“The worst motel I have ever attempted to stay in”
Reviewed February 12, 2010

This was by far, the nastiest motel that i have ever attempted to book. I got a room and because it was literally filthy...it had a USED bathmat in the bathtub and there was some kind of brown spooge on the toilet seat and lid. I marched straight down to the office and asked for another room. OMW to the new room, I spotted some old, stained mattresses leaning up against the wall of the motel. OMG YUCK!! The second room was worse than the first...the carpet had actual debris on it and the toilet lid and seat had big spots of black mold on it....OMG could it be any nastier????????? Then, there were no bulbs in the light sockets, the tv remote was dirty..and there was NO way I was sleeping on the sheets, which were wrinkled and disgusting......I marched right back down and asked for a refund and LEFT there, never to go back....GROSS GROSS GROSS...DO NOT stay here, EVER!!!!!!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
3 Thank beaglemom96
Kaleish, Regional manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Winona/Tyler, responded to this review, May 10, 2011
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to share your experience at our property. Critical feedback is a great way for us to improve guest satisfaction. We apologize for any negative experiences you had with your guest room. We have taken corrective measures to insure this will not experienced again by another guest.
We hope you will give us another opportunity to serve your lodging needs

Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 2, 2006

My family and I stayed at this Days Inn over the weekend for Azalea Trail in Tyler.

I have stayed in some cheap dives before in my travels, but this place is by far the nastiest motel I have ever had the displeasure of laying my head.

The toilets were not clean, the "non smoking" room smelled like smoke and old shoes, but the worst aspect was the sheets themselves!

There was other people's hair all in the white linen sheets and the wool blanket had hair that must have been collecting there for weeks. It also had strange black spongy spheres stuck to it!

Also, I counted atleast three different people's hair on one pillow case! My family and I could only wonder how long it had been since they bothered to change out the linens.

Oh...and to top it all off, the Owner-Operator himself told me that the sheets WERE CLEAN, but they hair and unidentifiable objects were "sticky hairs" that cant come out during the wash.

Do yourself and you family a BIG favor, stay away from this place. Not only did the owner expect my family and I to sleep in filth, he LIED to my face.

ps... I was not the only one who needed clean sheets that night. I saw them about an hour later changing out the sheets of someone a few doors down.

pps... Maybe I should have expected this kind of filth since it is RIGHT next to an "Adult" Warehouse.

STAY AWAY!!

• Stayed March 2006
6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Travelers are raving about these Tyler hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Tyler
Americas Best Value Inn - Tyler/Lindale
Days Inn Kilgore
Days Inn Kilgore
#4 of 9 in Kilgore
La Quinta Inn & Suites Lindale

Been to Americas Best Value Inn - Winona/Tyler? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Americas Best Value Inn - Winona/Tyler

Property: Americas Best Value Inn - Winona/Tyler
Address: 12732 State Highway 155 N, Tyler, TX 75708-2440
Location: United States > Texas > Tyler
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Wheelchair access
Ranked #31 of 38 Hotels in Tyler
Hotel Class:2 star — Americas Best Value Inn - Winona/Tyler 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotwire and Cancelon so you can book your Americas Best Value Inn - Winona/Tyler reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Days Inn Tyler