“Booked for meeting spaces, will return for customer service”

Hilton Garden Inn Tyler
Ranked #7 of 37 Hotels in Tyler
Reviewed April 17, 2013

This hotel is in my hometown, so I've had no occasion utilize a room. I booked this hotel for the meeting spaces with just one week notice. The Events Manager was fabulous and offered superb service in meeting our every need. I was able to book all five conference rooms for two consecutive days. We also utilized the catering service to provide lunches on each of those days. The food and beverage manager and the banquet supervisor worked closely with me throughout the morning, during lunch, and until our afternoon departure. Lunch was served in a timely manner, at proper temperatures (even though our meal time spanned more than an hour), and was delicious. Restaurant workers were polite and helpful. Overall, the experience was beyond my expectations. I hope to return to this location for our future business needs.

Room Tip: While I did not stay in a room, I live just blocks from this location. Rooms on the northeast side...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed April 13, 2013

Everything at this hotel was great. Very attentive staff...especially Casey at the front desk. Thanks for taking such pride in your hotel and even more the customer service you provided. We requested a late checkout and it was granted without a problem. Rooms were very nice and clean. I would not hesitate staying again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 11, 2013

I had the a wonderful stay at this hotel! The rooms are spacious, the hotel is super clean, the food is great but what did it for me was the staff. They are an exceptional bunch of folks that made me feel welcomed. They were sincere in their actions. Truly a great bunch of people. A special thanks to Bradley and Rodney. I will definitely stay at this hotel any time I am in Tyler!!!

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

Very pleasant surprise. Nice and airy public area. Great staff. Really excellent cooked to order breakfast with bowls of fresh fruit and delicious cinnamon rolls. Bedding was choice ESP the pillows.A Mirren computer chair. Lighting was all bluish and not adequate and the bathroom door would not stay open without a heavy prop. Sound proofing could be better, but all in all a very nice place to stay.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed April 8, 2013

This hotel had great ambiance. The staff was welcoming and the layout conducive to visiting with friends in the lobby, the bar, the restaurant, etc. i was with a large group and we gathered and visited around the welcoming lobby fireplace. The rooms were super clean and the housekeepers friendly and efficient. Rooms were quickly cleaned up each day. Very comfortable beds and bath facilities really nice. Obviously attention had been paid to the comforts of the guests. I would stay there again and recommend to friends or family visiting Tyler.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 21, 2013

You will find this hotel to be clean, attractive and well appointed. There is a restaurant and bar so if you are tired you don't have to get the car out for a drive to a restaurant. The staff is very friendly and helpful. Many of the staff members have been there since the hotel opened and they will remember you if you are a repeat visitor. By the way, the complimentary cookies are divine. If you head out the back door, you will find a lovely walking trail. I have stayed at this hotel more times than I can count and will continue to do so. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 14, 2013

We spent several nights at the Sheraton North Dallas and slept better than being at home, and we had a 3 year old and 10 month old in the same room with us! When we headed to Tyler we were refreshed and feeling great. I had tried to upgrade my room before our trip but was told the hotel was sold out both nights even though there were several rooms available online. I guess they overbook their hotel and have to send people away once they arrive. When we arrived to our room it was very nice and clean, and then we sat on the rock hard beds. The first night my husband hardly got any sleep and i tossed and turned all night but did get some sleep. The second night I couldnt fall alseep at all while my husband tossed and turned. By the time we checked out we were so tired and we still had a 3 hour drive to the airport, 4 hour plane ride and 3 hour drive home - again with a 3 year old and a 10 month old. I can easily say that by the time we got home we needed another vacation to recover from the 2 nights at your hotel. The worst part is, I just got online and read other reviews and found out that the beds adjust!! Never was I told at check in or did i see anything in the room. This would have been very nice to know. Ours beds were the hardest beds we've EVER slept on. I realize my review is kind of harsh, but if you go 2 nights with very little sleep, you're no longer having a good vacation.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
CWhorton, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tyler, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

We are so sorry that you did not get a good night's sleep at our hotel. We understand how important that is during a vacation or any other time. You should have been informed that the bed are adjustable. I have addressed the issue with our maintenance team to double check on the bed to ensure it is working properly, but apologize it was not addressed sooner. I appreciate your feedback as it helps us improve the guest experience.