“Great hotel!!!”

Hilton Garden Inn Tyler
Ranked #4 of 38 Hotels in Tyler
“Great hotel!!!”
Reviewed July 14, 2012

I just checked out of room 128 this morning. We truly enjoyed our stay in this hotel. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. My only complaint was our beds were too hard, even after bring adjusted. Other than that, we had a blast!!!!

• Stayed July 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed July 12, 2012

I read some of the other reviews...I don't know where those people stayed, lol. This place was great! It was decorated very nicely and the people were great! (Kolt, front desk guy was very fun to talk with and Katherine had great directions). The room was huge and very well taken care, clean, very clean. Two bathrooms, large living room, two TVs, the bed was GREAT! The pillows were perfect! ( I sleep in hotels all around the world..trust me, great bed and pillows). The breakfast food and morning staff was great also. Service here was best I have had in years.

Room Tip: Stay here, if you are near Tyler, TX. Great hotel, great sleep, great staff.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Allen, Texas, United States
Reviewed June 28, 2012

The so-called select comfort beds were far less than comfortable. I can only assume they just didn't have my setting. On two separate ocassions my room acces card was shut off mid-week. This caused me to have to go back to the front desk which I just passed to get to my room. Although they were very apologetic, it was still an inconvenience. The restaurant was a little over priced. The bar, where I spent quite a bit of time with my colleagues, was nice. The manager of the bar is antagonistic and should learn how to listen to the customer and not take over conversations. The young man is arrogant and a know it all. He should learn some manners and polish his customer service skills. He could actually learn alot from his "sub-ordinates". The customer may not always be right, but don't EVER tell him he's wrong.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Jim B
, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tyler, responded to this review, July 3, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We’re very sorry you experienced an undesirable stay and level of customer service with us. The problems you mentioned with key cards and the manager have been addressed. We appreciate you alerting us to this issue and we hope you will give us a second chance if you return to the area.
Reviewed June 21, 2012

I would have to say...this hotel is not as great as the Courtyard Mariott down the street...we started off in this hotel, and ended up checking out early and moved to a new hotel. Beds were hard, pillows too soft...overall for the money, not bad, but I'd pick something else over this one.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank ilovethapope
State College, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 20, 2012

A little hard to find with a GPS. But once I found it, I was impressed! Very clean new rooms. Hotel was spotless. Staff was very courteous. The bar/ restaraunt has very friendly staff also. They were shy in recommending places to go see and eat. Close to shopping and entertainment. Will stay here again!

• Stayed June 2012
Danville Knox County, Ohio
Reviewed May 16, 2012 via mobile

I originally stayed here shortly after the hotel opened. It was very nice then and still is. The layout of the hotel is great, the staff is very nice and the room was "good as new". Definitely the place to stay in Tyler.

Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
On the road again
Reviewed April 30, 2012

What a nice small hotel. Was there recently on a radio tour with a recording artist and must compliment the rooms, hallway lighting which was the best and brightest I ever saw in a hotel and the spacious hallways. The layout gives the feel of an old time hotel but in a modern setting. A real value for sure. Hope they continue to keep it clean and if so we will return again.

Room Tip: Request a 2 queen bed room as they are spacious. Staff was friendly.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business