“1st time in Tyler, Texas”

Baymont Inn & Suites Tyler
Ranked #21 of 37 Hotels in Tyler
Reviewed October 11, 2012

I stayed here October 2012 for two weeks for week. The staff is very friendly and goes out of their way to help you especially Amita Patel and Jessica (I cant remember her last name)who works the desk in the evening are so nice and helpful. The room was very clean for a hotel room, they even get underneath the toilet seat and leave it up for you to see that they cleaned it well. The bath towels are a little thin and stingy, but nonetheless they do the job for you

They have all or most of the better cable channels. I had never even heard of the Baymont Inn and Suites, but if I ever had to come to Tyler, Texas again I would stay here again.

Room Tip: I was in Room 224, the corner rooms are pretty big
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank cocoalibran
Baymontinntyler, Guest Relations Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Tyler, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2013

We thank you for taking time in giving us your valuable feedback. We are happy to know that you enjoyed your stay in our hotel, for it is our aim to give our valued guests the best service there is. The feedback you gave regarding our hotel facilities, staff services, as well as the offered cable channels truly inspires us and motivates us to work harder and excel even more in delivering quality service at all times. We also thank you for expressing the desire to stay with us again in the future. We look forward to be of service to you again.

Reviewed October 2, 2012

Had reservations for the weekend of September 28th and 29th. Traveled from Louisiana to Tyler, got sick along the way, after stopping numerous times, made it to hotel around 3:30pm. Upon checking in, told AMY, we would be staying one night not two as planned because I was very sick. She stated she had to Charge me for two but would refund it on Monday. She also said she had to check with the manager because of a 72 hours cancellation policy. She was the General Manager, her name is Amy Patel, I have her business card.
I called Baymont Hotels and they stated that you can cancel by 4:00pm not 72 hours prior as stated. Needless to say...she charged my credit card for two nights and refused to refund my
account. I have made a complaint with Baymont Hotel and will also make complaints with the proper persons in Tyler, TX about this hotel. If they charge you when you’re not staying what else will they charge to your credit card? I call it Robbery without a gun...and in this economy; my money will be better spent at another hotel that knows how to treat a guest!

Room Tip: Don't stay! Best tip I can give you! Don't trust the General Manager with your credit card
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

We appreciate the time you took to share to us your experience following your recent stay. It is however disheartening to know that you were not satisfied with our service, and certain issues have contributed to your disappointment. Thank you for bringing all your concerns to our attention, such matters will be thoroughly assessed and evaluated so that we may ensure that policies will be better implemented. We sincerely hope that you’d reconsider and visit us again next time.

Reviewed October 2, 2012

I'm here for two weeks for work I read reviews about the hotel which made me a bit nervous. I am not sure what rooms they had or what the issue was but the hotel isn't bad. My room is extremely clean, the staff are nice, and the grounds are nice. One review I saw said that the maid service runs every 3rd day. That's true IF you ask them to do it every third day. They ask you at check in how do you want your maid service.. You can set up everyday(which I hate) every other, every third, or however you want it.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank DanPedraza

Thank you for making the effort to write us a very detailed feedback. We sincerely appreciate the notice you gave with how we were able to give you an excellent service. We particularly thank you for the feedback regarding our hotel cleanliness and our staff services. It brings us great joy that we were able to serve you well. We look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed September 30, 2012

First off, one of the staff, (Amy) was very rude, many times speaking in a foreign language around me which from the looks I was getting I think she was making snide remarks about me. I had just made reservations and found out shortly after that I had to cancel them due to an emergency. I asked for a refund because of the abrupt and prompt nature of my emergency, but management flatly refused. They are heartless. their only reason since they had many open rooms available was:

They said NO it is company policy.

Stay at your own risk.

Room Tip: Just find a different Inn to stay at!!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Sandra S

We couldn't thank you enough for bringing this very important matter to our attention. Your insightful feedback regarding your hotel experience would greatly aid us in improving our hotel services significantly. We sincerely apologize if such an unfortunate event took place on the time of your arrival, we value the voice of our guests, and we see to it that we address it in the best possible way. It saddens us that we were not able to give you a favourable response to your request. Please know that we will work hard so that instances like those will be prevented in the future. We hope to give you a far better experience next time should you choose to visit us again.

Reviewed September 28, 2012

Comfortable place. Easy to get to being near the corner of an intersection. Wendy's just a couple feet away.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites

It is with utmost appreciation that we extend our gratitude for taking the time in giving us your feedback. This will greatly aid us in ensuring that we are giving excellent service to our valued clients. We are delighted to meet and deliver quality service to you during your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you back here very soon.

Reviewed September 19, 2012

The only problem I felt we had was that we had a handicap room because my 80 yr old mother was with us and I don't feel the room was really handicap. To much furniture, toliet was not the handicap height. I think all they did was put up some handrails in the bathroom and called it handicap. Staff was very accomodating and very pleasant.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites

We would like to extend our gratitude for helping us in better serving you more by giving us your feedback about our hotel services in total. We sincerely apologize if the assigned room was not of your liking, and that it appeared to you that it lacked the proper facilities. We value your assessment for the points you raised will aid us in pin pointing which areas we need to give more attention to. Thank you for taking notice of the accommodating staff services. We hope to give you a far better experience the next time you choose to stay with us.

Reviewed September 11, 2012

2 out of the four morning the oil workers stay at the hotel left to go to work at 3:45am and let the doors slam as they left. But on Saturday morning, the one morning out of the 4 that I could sleep in, the maid decided to vacuum in the room next to me at 7:50 am. Maids do not need to start vacuuming rooms at that time in the morning, I called down to desk and it was stopped but it was to late for me to get more sleep.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Sleepless9912

We are very grateful for the feedback that you raised, as it will be of great help to us in better serving our valued guests. We wish to extend our concern and our apology for the inconveniences you have been put through. The feedback on the incurred disturbances during your stay is indeed disappointing, we wish to let you know that we will work hard on ensuring that guest comfort will certainly be uphold at all times. We sincerely hope that you reconsider and revisit us during your stay here in the area.