Woldert-Spence Manor
$75
$67
Rodeway Inn(Tyler)(Great Value!)
$59
All reviewsb bwonderful hostsbreakfast was deliciousplace to stayother guestshot tubhome away from hometexasfurnishingscanton
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 14, 2006

We have stayed in over 30 B&B's and this is on my list of favorites! We spent 2 nights in the Robert Woldert room for my husband's birthday and we were very impressed by the attentiveness, friendliness and of the owners. The house has been lovingly restored by the owners and they have done an awesome job of making this property a jewel but also very inviting and comfortable. Breakfast was delicious and "all you can eat" and we really enjoyed relaxing in their garden area. It was hard to believe we were only a few blocks from the "downtown" area and we were very close to the Tyler Rose Garden. We would highly recommend this B&B to anyone and we will certainly be staying here again when in the Tyler area.

• Stayed: March 2006
10  Thank bayoupots
Reviewed January 18, 2006

My husband and I "planned" and unplanned overnight getaway for our anniversary. We got in the car and started driving. We ended up in Tyler, and had a wonderful experience at the Woldert-Spence Manor.

A local Tyler resident reccommended another bed and breakfast to us in the mid-afternoon. He said he knew it's owner. We could not reach the owner at the property or by phone for several hours.

Richard and Patricia welcomed us very late Saturday evening (after we had a late supper). Out of desperation, and since our phone calls weren't returned by the other bed and breakfast, we went to Holiday Inn and Best Western chain hotels and were shocked by the almost $100/ per night rates. We would have rather driven back home. We then a borrowed phone book from a Tyler gas station and called the Woldert-Spence. Richard was very gracious with us and welcomed us to stay on such short notice.

After viewing some of the rooms in the main house, we opted to stay in the carriage house. The rooms were gorgeous and well-appointed, but we didn't like sharing a bathroom, as those type rooms were the only rooms available. Also the rooms were very close to one another and we wanted to have privacy. The rooms in the main house, along with the carriage house were very reasonably priced. There was a two-night minimum on the carriage house, but since it was vacant for the weekend, Richard allowed us to stay for just one night.

Richard and Patricia were great hosts and wonderful people. The house is gorgeously restored by the couple and they took every oppurtunity to keep the house and its furnishings original.

The carriage house was roomy and would be great for a family or for a couple seeking more privacy than the main house offers. There were complimentary drinks in the refrigerator, a notebook detailing the history and restoration of the home, and reccommendations, phone numbers and directions to local attractions and dining venues for every taste.

The parking is private and off the street, and the small garden with jacuzzi is well-kept. The neighborhood is clean and the streets are brick.

It is obvious that the hosts appreciate their guests and that they like what they are doing.

The breakfast was nice and the food was good and plentiful. The value was excellent and I would definitely stay with Richard and Patricia again.

Stayed: April 2005
6  Thank Janice Marie F
Houston, Texas
Reviewed December 19, 2005

Ambiance abounds...We had a fabulous stay at Woldert- Spence Manor Bed & Breakfast Inn...it is a must when visiting Tyler. The 8 rooms at Woldert-Spence are beautifully decorated, it is truely serene. The breakfast is fabulous and the location is perfect. Woldert-Spence sits in a gorgeous quite neighborhood and is close to all the fun Tyler has to offer. Go to their web-site at ---, what a B&B
home page. Patricia the Innkeeper, told my husband,
that her husband, did the site from scratch. My husband used to work for EvaSoft Group, he writes software now for several company's, and this site was done well. No commercial hip! Everything is on the money, no untrue content. My husband hates when
people are over zealous about their property, or
boast about something that is untrue. The Woldert-
Spence Manor did a wonderful job to keep everything
correct. No boasts here! ...however, they should
a little.

I absolutlely recommend staying at The Woldert-Spence Manor B&B, it will be my destination for all future trips to Tyler, Texas.

I recommend eating at Bernard's for dinner. Thanks
Richard for the recommendation. Also, if you have time be sure to go to Tyler's Caldwell Zoo. It's
just 2 minutes from this B&B.

• Stayed: December 2005
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Kaufman, TX
Reviewed November 12, 2005

I stayed at The Woldert-Spence in early Nov this year. I was travelling on my own doing a spot of business so was doubly appreciative of the warmth extended by my host Rich and Patricia and the comfort of his gem of an inn. I'd be quick off the mark to recommend it to anyone. From the quality to breakfast time when it was all but impossible to have 'just one more piece' of home made scoon, it was a pleasure to spend time here.

I'd like to think that i was going to return at some point.

• Stayed: November 2005, traveled on business
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Bergheim, Texas
Reviewed September 11, 2005

This is a magical East TX B&B. Everything was great and the Manor was very charming. It was so exquisite that it was hard to drag ourselves away from our room. The breakfasts are incredible, it felt like a 5 star restaurant meal. The hosts are extremely friendly and accommodating to all our requests. We were celebrating my boyfriends birthday, and they went out of their way to make us feel comfortable, even though we are a young couple.

Richard had called us ahead of time to let us know they might be out, then making several suggestions for Restaurants & local attractions.

The privacy, spaciousness and wonderful food keep us wanting to come back again soon.

We can't wait to go back. I'd recommend to anyone. You must try it at least once, we know you'll be hooked after that. Searching on the internet it seemed The Woldert-Spence Manor in Tyler would provide everything we wanted. Our expectations were definitely surpassed! Richard and Pat were warm and welcoming, giving us a history the Manor. Their genuine love of the East Texas & community and of being hosts was quite evident. The Manor was immaculate and the decor tasteful and comfortable. Thoughtful extras such as a bag of microwave popcorn, extra coffee for the coffee maker and even spa towels. In addition, incredible cookies, homemade in their kitchen, also awaited us. The breakfasts were beautifully served, incredibly delicious and more than ample. Each breakfast morning was a feast for our taste buds, I could smell the aroma of bacon cooking at 6 A.M.. We both got hungry early! We have already started to spread the word to our friends and families about The Woldert-Spence Manor. In our opinion there is no where else in Tyler to stay, maybe even in East TX!

• Stayed: February 2005