“Definitely a perfect stay,great hospitality,attention to detail”

and 1 more site!
Woldert-Spence Manor
Ranked #3 of 5 Tyler B&B and Inns
A TripAdvisor Member
“Definitely a perfect stay,great hospitality,attention to detail”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2004

I must say that after speaking with the Innkeepers directly, I was COMPLETELY convinced that this would be a PERFECT weekend...guess what? IT WAS PERFECT! Richard is Mr. Heaton himself, answering all my questions with patience and enthusiasm, told me all the neat things to see and do. Our room was just perfect for us....clean, comfortable and so close to everything, yet VERY private. A beautiful spa and of course the main house itself...the breakfast that was prepared by the Heatons was definitely gourmet. And, each day's menu was very different. Tyler was grand town! Something for everyone! Our stay in Tyler was wonderful MOSTLY because of the hospitality of Woldert Spence Manor and we will definitely tell our friends and family, and we shall return. The house is beautiful and full of history. The family that runs the house is very hospitable and treated us very well. I would definitely stay in the Woldert Spence Manor again and recommended it to other travelers.
WS Manor is wonderful, from the moment you arrive you already feel like part of the family. The Heatons are so helpful and take such pride in their home, that you could not wish to stay anywhere better. The rooms are beautiful and the attention to detail is 100%.

We had so much fun, We are planning a return trip. The Owners make you feel right at home. You can feel the history. If you are planning a trip to Tyler ,TX, And you are thinking about staying at a Bed and Breakfast Inn, The 1859 Woldert Spence Manor is the place to stay. But don't take my word for it, Try it for your self. Margaret E. Dunn.

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2004

I just got back from the most wonderful vacation in East Texas! Everything was perfect. My daughter and I got upgraded to the Rockway Cottage since this was all the had left. I made my reservations through Webervations on-line and it was one the biggest B&B rooms I have ever been in. 1 bathroom, an enormous living room, full kitchen, dining room with 4 chairs, TV,DVD/CDVCR with movies, lots of magazines & books to read, and a balcony. Impeccably clean, I couldn't find anything to quibble about (I admit it, I'm a quibbler if I pay for my room). Yes, the food is outrageously good. The Courtyard & fish garden is simply gorgeous.

I found the antique stores in the area to be very polite and not a bother at all. We walked along the brickstreets. We went to the Y which was a no charge since staying at The Woldert-Spence Manor.

Overall, this was the nicest B&B experience I've ever had in the Texas, where multiple problems often come with the territory. None of that here -- the service was unbelievably friendly and very professional -- on par with what I usually get in fine hotels. Even the towel were smelling good. The hosts were always eager to help and didn't hang around afterwards. I like to be private.

They also have a data port for your lap top, which I used every day to check my email & all.

Although the Woldert-Spence is NOT pricey, it's actually cheaper than going to other places, like way sub-par Atlantis, where we went last year. And considering the quality of rooms, food, and service you get at the Woldert-Spence, it's actually a bargain for me & my family. A big surprise was the Zoo, we didn't even realize Tyler even had a Zoo.
This is a must!! Thank you Patricia & Richard for making this such a pleasant trip for us. We will be back! ...I promise

14 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Carrollton, TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2004

I heartily agree with all of the glowing reviews. I stayed at Woldert-Spence for 8 nights while my son was in a Tyler hospital. It was a wonderful place to "decompress" after stressful days. Patricia and Richard could not have been kinder or more gracious. I returned with my husband and mother-in-law for a weekend get-away at a later date. We were all blown away by this B&B.
One thing of particular interest to Texas travelers - they must have a great air conditioning system, because even the upstairs rooms were very cool and comfortable, even when the outside temperature reached the upper 90's. They are also located directly across from a YMCA, which has free workout facilities for guests of the B&B.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2004

Bev and I have traveled a great deal, both in Europe, Canada, Mexico and the U.S., but this was our first stay at a B&B in East Texas. Amazing - Wonderfull - these are the words that come to mind. It was also my birthday on the day we arrived. Richard & Patricia did little things to help me celebrate - dinner reservations with an after dinner surprise, going to a store to get me tonic water when I asked for it, and in general - making our visit a memorable one. The both of you run a very professional B&B, and provide excellant service, and not leaving out any details. Again, thanks for the towels for the SPA!! We will be back! And next time, I hope we can stay longer. PS: Buster the English Bulldog was a great dog too.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2004

This classy B&B is a beautiful Victorian home built 140+ years ago. Their attention to detail will leave you with a feeling of being pampered.
The rooms are spacious and their breakfast was delicious. They play wonderful music throughout the property while checking-in, and while having breakfast. That was a treat for me. You will want to stay longer at this gorgeous property.
The host Richard & Patricia, are VERY professional, and seem to truely care about there guests.
This is probably the oldest historic Bed & Breakfast
in Tyler, if not the county. I would recomend this B&B to anyone while in Tyler! Sincerely, Bill

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2004

If your looking for a relaxing quiet spot with great service then Woldert-Spence is the place. I have stayed in 4-5 star resorts in Palm Desert, CA, and I have never got the service while in Tyler, Texas. I highly recommend this Inn. The hosts were truely outstanding. I have been to several resorts, Inns, and not once have I come home more relaxed and pleased with every bit of my trip.
The even kept the coffee out for me. ...and it was still hot! My only disappointment, I'll probably not be back in Texas for several years.
Excellent prices too!!

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2004

I took my daughter and two younger children 9 and 10 yrs old. They all thoroughly enjoyed the stay. The owners were very accommodating and gracious. The rooms were very spotless. The children really enjoyed the Hot tub it was really nice.
The hot breakfast, included with the room rate, is really first-rate and a real plus when you have a couple of starving kids. Only minor drawback was trying to stay another night, the room we reserved was booked the next night, so we had to move to a smaller cheaper Room. The rates were very inexpensive for such an attractive property. Would recommend the 1859 Woldert-Spence Manor to anyone. You might want to check-out their web-site first, before making a reservation. Many of pictures, and loads of information about Tyler & East Texas!

8 Thank A TripAdvisor Member