“Beautiful new hotel with helpful staff”

Sleep Inn & Suites Tyler South
Ranked #8 of 37 Hotels in Tyler
Reviewed September 13, 2010

I was booked a room at the Sleep inn by my company for business, so I didn't have much choice, but the hotel was excellent. It was my first time in Tyler and the staff were happy to give recommendations for things to do and places to see around the city. The room was extremely clean and quiet, the complimentary breakfast was excellent, and the hotel is centrally located around shopping and food.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business

Reviewed August 20, 2010

The hotel was great, the room was clean, nice right? Everything went fine, except for the lady that cleaned our room. She was rude, burly, and apparently has no respect for the
customers who stay there.

I usually do not write reviews, but in this case I decided that it was a necessity. As a business owner, there is nothing more important than the people who represent you on a day to day basis. I've had bad days too, but you have to suck it up, and at least be civil.

She was one of the rudest cleaning professionals I've ever encountered. My room also had a very distinct cigarette smoke smell.

Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank allenfloorstx
Reviewed August 1, 2010

FIRST - This hotel is located on 5555 South Donnybrook east of S. Broadway BETWEEN E. Rieck Rd & So. Donnybrook behind Spring Ck BBQ & Lowe's. It is NOT off Amherst & Donnybrook which is a park.
The room was clean and although next to the elevator very quiet. The beds & pillows were extremely comfortable. The room was spacious w/ fast wifi and a mini fridge & microwave. The mini fridge was in a cabinet and always moved a few inches forward whenever I opened the door. Was surprised to see a window a/c which was a tad bit noisy.
Breakfast is the ubiquitous single waffle maker, so-so pastries, etc. Although there were few diners, there were no eggs or bkfast meats. The person in the room next door was making more but must have waited for everything to be gone before she started the next batch.

Reviewed July 24, 2010

Reserved a room based on the reviews here. We arrived at the hotel 15 minutes after check-in started (3:15pm) on a Saturday and they informed us that they had no rooms available. This was a confirmed reservation made a more than two weeks in advance. They tried to "walk" us over to another hotel but, we needed two queen beds and they could only find a room with a king for us. We called the Marriott Courtyard ourselves from the lobby of the Sleep Inn and got a room for the night. The Sleep Inn did not honor our reservation and they were not very accommodating in helping to find other lodging. Think twice before booking here. NOT recommended.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed July 3, 2010

We had reservations at this hotel on a recent Friday night. We had a late flight into Dallas and did not arrive to Tyler until 11pm. When I called the Sleep Inn at about that time to confirm our stay and get directions, I was informed our reservation had been cancelled and they had no rooms available. The desk clerk was nice enough, but unable to determine why the reservation had been cancelled. I certainly did not cancel it, and we ended up finding a room at the Candlewood Suites, which was fine and probably better located for us anyway. What really irks me, however, is I just received my AmEx bill and we were charged a night for a "no show"! Their reservation policy clearly states rooms are held until 6am. I will be calling their customer service in the am, and then AmEx if they will not credit this. I just don't want others to have this hassle, it is certainly stressful to find you have no place to sleep at 11pm at night!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed June 26, 2010

I have stayed at this hotel a lot in the past. The Staff is incredible many times i have had to ask them questions about were to eat expecting the answer not to be very helpful but instead they help me and my family find the perfect place. Everything is extremely clean. The pool was comfortable and cool for the hot summer days of east Texas. They have a gym across the street which you can work out at and they have one in the hotel. It is close to many restaurant and shopping in the middle of Tyler. They give excellent directions. The breakfast was great. If you ever meat Angela is personal and Brad is hard working.Those are only two of the great staff members. This hotel is a definite yes! And the staff once again is incredible.

Reviewed June 23, 2010

I stayed in this hotel mainly because of the good reviews given here. You would not get disappointed at all. The staff is very friendly, breakfast is a very good breakfast, and the room is spacious and clean, the decoration is pretty. I would recommend this hotel to anyone. The only criticism would need to be that the middle curtain that they use at least in the room I stayed was a white transparent type fabric, which mean that at 6:00am all the brightness of the sun would enter to my room and woke me up now. I don't consider myself a sensitive sleeper (i don't have problem been in a theater and falling asleep, or I can sleep with my tv on when i forgot to turn it off, no problem!) but this woke me up. Please if you are going to Tyler for the first time and have with you a GPS, call the front desk because for some reason the address the GPS give you is residential and you are not going to ever found them, We called and problem solved they explain us very well, and we get there quickly after that