Sleep Inn & Suites Tyler South
$85
$75
$73
Hotwire.com
All reviewssausagefront deskwaffleschoice hotelsbeds were comfortablefamily reunionnext morningfitness roomthe breakfast areaking bedjob well donebiscuitsquiet locationhotel is locatedrestaurants and shoppingstaff was very friendlywonderful hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 24, 2013

Contrary to other reviews, my smart phone Navigator had no problem finding this location. This is not on a main street but behind a mall on a small side street with several other hotel properties.

We stayed in a suite with a king bed. There was a large counter area to be used as a work space in front of a sofa. Something I have not seen before, is a flat screen TV in this area, in addition to the flat screen in front of the bed, so two TVs in a single room.

The standard amenities were provided: microwave, small fridge which kept all items cooled.

Our stay was on the third floor facing the front of the hotel during the week. I cannot say if the walls are thin or not, as the hotel was sparsely populated, but noise was not an issue during our stay.

Breakfast is served downstairs, and included pastries, sausage, and scrambled eggs. Also were small items such as yogurt, hard boiled eggs, and fresh fruit. Better than usual fare.

This hotel is convenient to either Mother Frances or to East Texas Medical Center hospitals on Beckham Ave.

Overall a good value and would stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank dagmara56
cuwhite0727, Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Tyler South, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2013

Thanks so much for your review and positive comments! Our guest satisfaction is very important to us! I see you have reviewed many hotels..we appreciate your feedback!

Thanks again!

Reviewed April 19, 2013

I stayed and conducted a training at the Sleep Inn & Suites in Tyler Texas for my company. I was there from April 8 to April 12 conducting Customer Service. The hotel was clean and had a great scent. One young lady did let me print on her computer because the business one was occupied. However, the management and some of the front desk either needed to be fired or trained on Customer Service. There is a tall guy there one night who was Customer Service Friendly but the short one was condescending with his fake "yes mam's" on the last day. On the first day he did help me with my computer. Anyway, when you go to the front desk the chances of them being there was sometimes slim to none and you have to yell for someone to help you. On the last day of class, I asked the front desk ladies could I have a late check-out. I was trying to teach and pack the car at the same time. I left some food in the refrigerator that I barely touched the night before. They said they would give me a 1:00 check out. I said ok. So, I went to my room with one of the participants at 10:45 for a break and she helped me get some of my belongings to the car. However, I left the food, candy for the class and evening handouts in my room for later. At 11:30 I gave the group an assignment to gather more of my things and the maid service was there. She had taken all my stuff out of the room, placed it on her cart and threw my ribs, potatoes and string beans from Outback Steak House in the trash. She said the front desk told her to clean the room. I confronted the Front desk manager, including Ms. Jennifer who stated that they did not say that. So I told them I had to get back to class but, I wanted some form of compensation. When I returned after my class ended to speak to them they were gone and the short male desk clerk states "Oh we got your ribs". He came from the back with the same to-go container I had my food and saw in her trash cart. They had placed it in a clear garbage bag that had hair in it. They had gone in the trash took out the ribs put it in a clear garbage bag to give to me. I asked for the corporate number and was told by the same guy that they were not allowed to give out the information. This happened on April 12 my birthday and in 54 years of living I have never experienced anything like this. Before, I approached them that evening I tried to give them a bell that people could ring when they were not at the front. Later they removed it and the short male guy said they did not need it. I told them they did and just took my bell back. I feel to stay at an establishment for a week including the company paying for the conference room for a week. I should have received better treatment. I hope to never return to this place again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Mary H
Reviewed April 17, 2013

This was one of the best "finds" ever! New, fresh, well-appointed hotel. Great atmosphere and service. Very helpful front-desk staff. Wonderful complimentary breakfast choices. Excellent prices. We heartily recommend it and will return!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
cuwhite0727, Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Tyler South, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2013

Thank you so very much for your positive review, please come back and see us!

Reviewed January 23, 2013

This place was a great find, but as another reviewer said, be sure to call and get directions because your GPS will not find it!
The hotel has great, friendly employees and it is so clean and lovely. The bathrooms are huge and beds are comfy. When we came in to check in, the aroma of fresh cookies wafted over the lobby/breakfast area and were offered chocolate chip cookies, still warm from the oven.
Breakfast the next morning was great- standard offerings, but extras like eggs & bacon were delicious! Staff replenished the buffet quickly when stuff ran out.
The only suggestion I can make (and this is too all hotels), get an on screen guide for the TV, so guests know what's on without having to flip channels...

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the 4th floor towards ends of building for quiet.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank fishfortrout

Glad you enjoyed your stay! Come back and see us!

Reviewed August 5, 2012

This wonderful hotel is always a pleasure to stay at. We have stayed there five times over the last four years and would go back again. The rooms are large with a king or two queen beds and nicely decorated. The bathrooms are also nice, and this time we had a walk-in shower!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank HawaiiFan1021

Can't wait until your next trip! Thanks for the comments!