“Fantastic stay!”

Sleep Inn & Suites Tyler South
Ranked #8 of 37 Hotels in Tyler
Reviewed April 3, 2012

We went to Tyler over the weekend for Canton trade days. Have to say the rooms were great, the breakfast was great (hot)! Saturday left for Canton...when we got back & making coffee for next morning noticed the maid had even taken out the old coffee grounds! The receptionist Christa was a great help in advising some good food/restaurants. The overall experience was great & we'll be back!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
cuwhite0727, Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Tyler South, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2012

THANK YOU so much for your positive feedback! I will be happy to share this with our staff and we all look forward to seeing you again! -Curtis W.

Reviewed March 27, 2012

We stayed at the sleep inn for one night and it could not have been better. The beds were very comfortable, the place was quiet. The pool was clean, and the breakfast was awesome. Waffles, real fried eggs, bacon, cereal, etc etc. The staff was friendly and helpful. The place is difficult to find but well worth the trouble. They spend a lot of time on the phone giving people directions.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
cuwhite0727, Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Tyler South, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2012

Thank you so much for your review! We are proud to offer a full breakfast and comfortable accomodations to all our guests! I do appreciate you staying with us and your positive remarks!-Curtis W.

Reviewed March 19, 2012

Had my laptop broken while we were out. Showed it to front desk to file incident report, but was told there is not one. Was told they will e-mail manager with details, but he likely won't answer (which turned out to be true). Called 3 times this morning, kept being told he wasn't there yet. Forth time (at 1:15pm) was told he's at lunch. Straight up asked why I was lied to and was given the runaround.

Lodged formal complaint with Choice Hotels (parent company) and am no waitng for a response...again. The sheer amount of runaround by the office/management is insulting and rediculous. Do the right thing by your customers and you get loyalty and recommendations in return.

Room Tip: Room smelled like something spoiled in the fridge. We had a reservation for 4, but were given a king...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Michelle_Raymond
cuwhite0727, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Tyler South, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2012

I tried reaching out to you on your phone number listed on your reservation which is the same number listed on the complaint with Choice Hotels International. We do take the utmost care when serviving our guest rooms. Our housekeeping staff works with integrity and care. During a two night stay we performed stay over housekeeping service on Saturday. I spoke with the housekeeper who serviced your room and she says the damage to your property did not occur while she was in the guest room. I am happy to speak to you at anytime. My cell phone # is 918-693-1300. Thank you, Curtis W.

Reviewed March 18, 2012

Nice clean hotel. The room was quiet even thought it was spring break and lots of children with their parents. Enjoyed our stay and will return. Thanks, Curtis!

Room Tip: Has rooms with step in showers.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much! I am glad you had a great stay!

Curtis

Reviewed February 9, 2012

This hotel is "Da Bomb," but since this review is about my personal experience, I will elaborate on the title. Pillows were too soft and room was too quiet. I, like some people, like to have a little "white noise" to drown out any other miscellaneous sounds that may startle me to waking during the night. This room was TOO quiet. However, since I believe in giving a fair review, I will add that if complete silence is what you're looking for, then this is the perfect place! Very close to the main street with all sorts of shopping and dining near by, yet a very quiet location.

Room Tip: I stayed on the west end, first floor.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
cuwhite0727, Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Tyler South, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2012

Thank you for your review. I do appreciate your support and feedback. Might I suggest running the fan on your A/C unit to add some white noise to your next visit. Have a great day and thanks again.

Reviewed October 15, 2011

What a lovely stay! The hotel is elegant, super clean. The staff was friendly and helpful, the room spacious, and the breakfast very good.

• Stayed: October 2011
Reviewed September 15, 2011

We stayed here to attend a conference. I have two boys and it was a great place to stay. It's couple of minutes away from the restaurants and mall. We ate at wasabi which is just down the road. It's easier to take South Broadway and turn left when you see Lowe's or Rieck St. Enjoy your stay!

• Stayed: September 2011