“Great atmospher, good food”
Review of Coyote Sams

Coyote Sams
Ranked #76 of 365 Restaurants in Tyler
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Tyler Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great atmospher, good food”
Reviewed April 30, 2009

We have eaten here several times and have always been pleased. The food and service have been consistently good and the atmosphere is great.

1 Thank mackdaddy54

Longview, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not good”
Reviewed November 10, 2008

Ate at this restaurant in October 2008. A nice building with lots of taxidermy on the walls. The patio was very nice with a fire pit. My date and I sat inside. At the time we went it wasn't that busy and yet they sat us at a both not far from one of the servers stations near the kitchen. The atmosphere was not good at all. Very cold. I ordered a steak with vegetables and a soup and my date ordered a chicken salad. My soup came first and although it was not hot it tasted good. Halfway through my soup both of our dinners came. I was surprised that my steak was done so fast and that they rushed it out before I even got half done with my soup. I was also very surprised that nothing was even hot. In fact barely warm. I was very dissappointed in the whole overall experience. Would not go back and do not see this place even making it.

Canton, Texas
“Don't let the wrapping fool you...”
Reviewed August 4, 2008

This restaurant just opened, so my wife and a couple we are friends with decided to try it out. The building is very well designed, and the decor is interesting. That's pretty much where the compliments stop. We had two small children with us, and they waited at least 20 minutes for their drinks. We ordered the chips and salsa (with queso), and I ordered a cup of the venison chili. The chili was exceptionally good, but at 5.49 for a "cup", it's a little high. They do give you a lot, but it still doesn't justify the cost. The salsa, queso, and chips were way overpriced (4.99 for the chips and salsa, 2.50 to add the queso). My wife ordered the smoked turkey, and I ordered the combination ribs and ham. This place is essentially a fancy looking barbecue joint that needs to learn how to do barbecue. My plate came out with some good looking ribs, and a pile of something else that was definitely not smoked ham. It looked like a pile of fat, and it was cold. My wife's vegetables were hard (and cold), and her smoked turkey was cold (anyone seeing a trend here). I told the waitress our problems, and she went back to the kitchen to get my wife's plate warmed up, and she told me to hold on to my plate and she'd bring out the ham. At this point our friends had to ask for barbecue sauce (which in the description said it came with the meal), and the waitress acted like they were crazy for asking. My wife's smoked turkey returned (still cold), and this time they brought out smoked ham that actually looked and tasted like ham. Our friends said the brisket tasted okay, my ribs tasted decent, and the ham was really tasty. The kids got chicken fingers (they were mushy, not tasty at all). When we got our bill, I was shocked to see that it was over 100! I think my biggest reaction was to the pile of refuse they tried to place on my plate and pass off as ham. I am still upset over that. Oh well, lesson learned and another restaurant I can cross off my list.