“Great eatery”

Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed January 26, 2014

Took my granddaughter here for a special evening out. The food was excellent and the portions very large. I had the stuffed crab and it was good as I have ever eaten. I will eat here again.

Reviewed January 11, 2014

We were very disappointed with the food and service here...this place was suggested by a co worker because we aren't from TX and was looking for somewhere to eat on our date night...the food seemed to be processed like it was just fried or warmed up per order...our waitress wasn't engaging, although there wasn't very many ppl in the restaurant she just rushed to take our order, only checked on us once after the food came out...the decor of the place was so not inviting...and to top it off there were drinks for the employees on top of the drink machine and the manager along with a couple of staff were eating in the dining room, I've never seen such unprofessionalism...we will definitely not be visiting again nor do I recommend anyone go there and waste your time or money, esp if you like good tasting food...

Reviewed January 10, 2014

I love Cajun food. I love cooking it, eating it, and just smelling it! We visited Fat Catz for lunch and ordered boudin for an appetizer. We also ordered the gumbo and crawfish etouffee. I was excited to have discovered this restaurant, but have to admit I was disappointed. The boudin was not all that great. It was kind of gummy and wouldn't be something I would order again. The rest of the food was okay, but it was not up to the quality I was expecting. Sorry, but it isn't on my list of places to go back to any time soon. The atmosphere is nice, but the waitress was also not very helpful. There were very few patrons there, so she wasn't busy when we needed her. She was simply visiting in the bar! Had to go find her to ask for our check since she never came back.

Reviewed December 21, 2013

My husband and I went in at 4:25 pm and at 4:45 still no one had been to our table. My husband went out to the car and I stuck around to tell the
"Manager" that he runs a poor ship. There was only two table of customers besides us, and employees walking all over the place. What a joke!!!

Reviewed December 16, 2013

This was the worst service ever. The waitress took so long to come to the table & provide menus. We got the owner & he just said she's good. She still never came. We finally got menus from another server after we asked. Literally a few seconds later our server came over to take our order, but we had just received menus. No one in the restaurant was eating which is not a good sign. The atmosphere is not welcoming there. Just a horrible experience. The same exact experience at Zaza's (same owner). The owner is a nice guy, but he needs help from Food Network Restaurant Impossible. Our entire party got up & walked out & went to Texas Roadhouse.