“Yummy catfish”
Review of Clear Springs Cafe

Clear Springs Cafe
Ranked #6 of 387 Restaurants in Tyler
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Description: Clear Springs Seafood Restaurant is a standout. An authentic restaurant located on Broadway. Clear Springs serves up a variety of western specialties including delicious seafood, steaks and hearty burgers. Don't forget about our World Famous Onion Rings.
Reviewed September 9, 2013

Came for lunch on a weekday - the lunch basket special had lots of yummy fried catfish, slaw and fries. Very inexpensive. Glad we came.

Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

We just ate here on a whim. It was excellent food, great prices, and great service. Would highly recommend

Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

My mother loves fried catfish. I atopped with her and my son. We all got the fried catfish and fried shrimp. I don't think I have ever eaten any better shrimp anywhere. They were huge and tender with just the right amount of batter. OMG the coleslaw and pinto beans (which I substituted for my french fries) were great. The service was great. I had taken my mother to her doctor's appointment, so when we got to the restaurant it was about 2:30 pm, well past the lunch rush. All our food was cooked fresh, with nothing appearing to have been left sitting under a heat lamp after the lunch rush. The price was great I thought. For four catfish fillets (melt in your mouth good, and three humongous fried shrimp, coleslaw, beans, and two jalapeño hushpuppies was approximately $8.95 a plate. Ohh, they have southern sweet tea too. Definately a place to return. Highly recommended. The decor is rustic. Some taxidermist animals in there whixh is only thing I dont like. Had to look at a dead preserved rooster a few feet away from me. Otheewise, lots of Roy Rogers, Annie Oakley, and antique furniture completed the decor. This will be a great place for you to come and bring your friends and family. It's great.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

My title says it all. If I want catfish cooked the way I like it, I come here. Seasoned well and good portions. They also have some pretty good fried pickles. They have pretty good service as well. Most of my experience have been good.

1  Thank Kevin H
Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

I've eaten here a couple of times recently and I can say I was impressed. The food was very good, large portions & the service was spot on. I felt they appreciated my business which goes a long way!!!! The hush puppies are the bomb!!