“Great Catfish”
Review of Clear Springs Cafe

Clear Springs Cafe
Ranked #7 of 381 Restaurants in Tyler
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Description: Clear Springs Seafood Restaurant is a standout. An authentic restaurant located on Broadway. Clear Springs serves up a variety of western specialties including delicious seafood, steaks and hearty burgers. Don't forget about our World Famous Onion Rings.
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Our SS Class eats out on the 1st Sunday of the month and we went to Clear Springs to eat. The catfish was very good and the service was good considering that we had 20 in our group. My wife and I actually shard a catfish plate and it was plenty of food.

There are newer reviews for Clear Springs Cafe

Reviewed March 1, 2013

We went to Clear Springs based on the reviews here from trip advisor. I would like to say this was some of the better food I have had in Tyler yet! It is not really a “seafood” restaurant but that made it better especially for people who like different things. Our steak (14oz. rib eye) was awesome an cooked to perfection and for the price, size and cut it is one of the best I ever had. We started off with some crab cakes that had huge white chunks of crab and served with a sauce that really complimented it well. We sat at the bar and had a very nice southern waitress that really was helpful and sweet. They keep all their beer on ice and when I got my Shiner it had ice sliding down the side, Mmmm refreshing!! This restaurant made me want to sign up and write a review because of the great treatment we got and outstanding southern food that seems to be missing from other establishments. I will definitely make it one of my Regular places to eat!!!!

Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

The food is consistently good, but so is the warm beer! We eat there fairly often have never had a beer that was served cold! It is barely chilled and we do not understand why they don't serve draft beer. The food is pretty good, but don't expect to get a cold beer to go with it!

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Visited this restaurant with a large group for lunch last week. We had several appetizers - fried pickles, fried mushrooms, jalapenos and onion rings. You should see this stack of onion rings, it was huge. Everything was very good, but I ate too much fried stuff! For meal I had a cup of Jalapeno crawfish chowder and a fish taco. Both were very good and I would definitely have them again. You definitely get your money worth in the portions.

1  Thank JasonR25
Reviewed November 9, 2012

I had a crab cake and it was delicious. It was spicy so if you do not like spicy food you might want to choose something else. My co-worker had a salad and enjoyed it.

Been to Clear Springs Cafe? Share your experiences!