“Attentive Management”

Ranked #30 of 38 Hotels in Tyler
Silsbee, Texas
“Attentive Management”
Reviewed August 19, 2012

Property is undergoing some renovations, but nothing inconvenient. When we discovered an area of wet carpet in our room the manager quickly gave us another room and offered to help us move. Excellent waffles included in breakfast bar.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Travel_Texans
DaysInntyler, General Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 20, 2012
Thank you very much for your feedback. We are so glad you have enjoyed your stay with us. we are look forward to see you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Longview, Texas, United States
Reviewed February 19, 2012

This is a decent motel. Sure it's not high class, but the room was clean, and the bed was comfortable. Comes with basic amenities, CRT TV with an unusually large amount of channels which was nice, coffee pot, cups, ice bucket, lamps, and a phone. One of the lamps in the room I was in did not work, but it wasn't a big deal since the other lamp put out enough light. The bathroom was alright, clean and stocked with enough supplies for two. One of the power outlets near the nightstand didn't work which was annoying but there were enough other plugs to make up for it. A/C worked well. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Overall experience was good for a nights stay at $50 a night. I would stay here again if I'm back in Tyler.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Shoreview, Minnesota, United States
Reviewed February 4, 2012

I read only the reviews (4) from the hotel's web site. Mistake. I showed up for a one night stay on business on 2/2/2012 with a business associate. There were no other cars in the parking lot. I don't mean there were few cars. I mean there were NO other cars in the lot. Te lobby was musty, the clerk almost spoke English, and he had only one of our reservations on his computer. He had to call somebody, twice, to figure out how to work the system. As I looked around it could see what appeared to be a recent, sloppy paint job. The room had a weird smell. The ceiling over the tub was missing roughly 4 square feet of material, the sheet rock being exposed. The room was on the ground floor and the ground outside was not lit, was in the back of the hotel, and the room was easily accessible from the outside. We simply left and went across the street to the Holiday Inn Express. While not the nicest HIE I have stayed in, it was the Taj Mahal compared to the Tyler Express. Ugh!

Room Tip: I'd rather sleep in my car. Stay anywhere else. Really.
Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Ben G

Travelers are raving about these Tyler hotels

Tyler, Texas
Reviewed January 16, 2012

i have no problem with this hotel,just a little out date

Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Austin, Texas, United States
Reviewed October 28, 2011

We did not last 15 minutes in this hotel. Do not stay here if you value cleanliness or decent customer service. Find a hotel on the south side of town.

The pictures and description on the website are nice, and the price is hard to compete with, but this hotel is not at all what it is made out to be.

My wife, our 2 yr old, and I had planned to stay the night here, but when we got to our room we noticed a distinct cigarette smoke smell in the supposedly non-smoking hotel. We still planned to stay, as it was only going to be one night. As we were getting settled in, we noticed that the bathroom had not been visited by a maid since the previous guest. Also, some of the light bulbs in the room had been stolen.

I brought these issues to the attention of the staff and asked for a refund. The manager asked how long ago we had checked in, and I told him less than 10 minutes ago. He informed me that he cannot issue a refund if the guest had stayed more than 5 minutes. I called BS. We were offered a room on the second floor, where we were assured that there was only one other couple staying. We decided that the hotel would not cut the mustard, and asked for a refund. The manager said that a refund would not be possible, now claiming that it was a very busy day for the hotel, despite the previous claim that there was only one occupied room on the second floor (and the nearly empty parking lot).

At this point the manager became combative, and seemed to try to provoke me. I told him that if we could not get a refund that night that the charges to our card would be disputed. He told me to "be a man" and later, as we were walking out, called me white trash as he followed me out the door and he threatened to call the police on me. Really?

This place is not worth your time or heartache. I regret not having read the reviews before visiting. It is apparent I was not the first unsatisfied customer he has to deal with since he had all the potshots, non-refund script and insults ready to go. Also, to the credit of hotel, the only roach we saw was the man behind the counter.

Room Tip: Anywhere but here. Go to the southside of town if you don't want to get insulted.
Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank vivian_y2011
Paradise, California
Reviewed August 29, 2011

Knew there was a problem when we drove up and no cars in parking lot. Upon entering room noticed that carpets wer no clean pulled back covers on bed looked okay but upon going to bed pillows smelled of body order. Next morning got up and noticed red blotches on both ankles. After walking around Canton for 6 hours red blotches were going up lcalves of legs. Had fever legs were red and swollen. Next two days spent at urgent care on two anti biotics with fever and pain caused by bacteria from sheets. Do Not Stay Here

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank Linda W
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed August 9, 2011

If you guys have any common sensethat the good Lord gave you, please read the reviews, and believe them. This place needs to be closed down immediately. From the time we walked in, till the 1 hour that we were there. First we wanted non-smoking, well the whole place smelled so bad, you held your breath. Second of all we had all senior citizens on a trip, some in wheelchairs, and the rest that can't even climb stairs, but that was the only way up to our rooms. So after taking 45 minutes taking the people upstairs, we get into our rooms, turns on the light, and roaches went everywhere. There were no closets for our clothes and bags in 3 of the rooms. The walls were in horrible shape, and peeling The showers were so bad, you wouldn't have wanted to put your dog in there. The air conditioner was malfuntioning and very smelly. After 1 hr passes, (45 mins) getting the people up the stairs, we can't take it anymore. At this time we go and complain. The people was so very rude to us. They didn't care about anything now that they had our money. All they kept saying is they can't give us a refund. After purchasing 5 rooms @ $65 + a piece. Then standing there for another hour, arguing with this these people about our money, it could have gotten really out of control. They did nothing. At this time we had gotten everyone back down the stairs to leave. We wasn't there not even 30 minutes in that room. Doors were never closed and tv's were never turned on. We were out of almost $400 on those rooms, that we did not stay in, because of the filth. They were so very rude to They ruined our Family Reunion and somthing need to be done about this place. I will be calling Better Business Bureau next, and if they can't do anything about it, I will climb higher. I will be getting my money back, this was unbelievable.I will go all the way These people are money hungry. On every clean up cart I saw, there were 4 to 5 raid spray cans
to spray the rooms when those that were desperate to stay there, leaves. The internet site that they have is very, very, misleading, and I am going to get them for false advertisement. You know that your place is ROACH INFESTED, and you shouldn't be letting people in these rooms, yet you take their money anyway. How dare you. Just because you are used of the FILTH, AND THE ROACHES, some of us are not...I WANT MY MONEY BACK......

Room Tip: Drive by it as FAST as you can
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family