“Great place to stay”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Tyler
Ranked #4 of 37 Hotels in Tyler
Reviewed March 19, 2011

We had a great stay at this hotel. The staff was friendly and our room was very clean. Our kids enjoyed the fruit and cookies available at the lobby during our stay. The indoor pool was kept at a comfortable temperature and the open hours were more than adequate.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Fairfield Inn & Suites Tyler

Reviewed March 14, 2011

I was here on business and the location of this hotel was about 2 blocks from where I would be working. It's a great hotel at a low price. The room was clean, bed was comfortable and the free breakfast was excellent. The only negative is the low bathroom counter for someone as tall as I am and there is no fittnes center on site. Although guess do have free access to a local fitness center.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed March 12, 2011

We had a great stay at this hotel. The room was clean. The beds were very comfortable with 5 pillows on each. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. There was a large selection of breakfast foods with a waffle maker, breakfast sandwiches, fruit, yogurt, bagels, muffins, etc. I only had 1 small problem, and that was the water in the hot tub was cool and the pool was cold. After a really long drive, I was looking forward to relaxing in the hot tub, but the water was too chilly. Still, not a deal breaker as everything else was exceptional.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
TylerFF, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Tyler, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2011

The hot tub heater was broken on Friday. The hotel ordered the needed parts for Saturday morning delivery and had the hot tub working by Saturday afternoon.

I do apologize for any inconvenience this caused.

Reviewed October 30, 2010

Stay away, the new courtyard is the place to stay at. This place is like the Bates motel. Likes flicker in the hallway and you just get the feeling that you are being watched. Stay somewhere else.

• Stayed: April 2010
1  Thank Mybagsarepacked21
Reviewed May 2, 2010

I travel to Tyler 6 -8 times a year on business and have yet to find a decent hotel here. This visit I went for the Fairfield as it was part of the Marriott group with whom I am an elite member cardholder with.
This has to be the worst experience of a Marriott I have stayed in - the front desk staff need to at least acknowledge guests, so many days we didnt even get a greeting.
The worst part was the room cleaning - on one day the cleaners didn’t even bother after my partner and I passed them in the corridor and said our room was ready as we went late to breakfast. We were out all day in meetings and came back late that night to find no-one had been in - the bed was unmade, the towels not changed and still on the floor damp where we had left them after showering.
The supplies were not re-stocked everyday also - I never take shampoo with me as is standard in any hotel, but this place never restocked any of this stuff or the coffee sachets regularly.
We also had an overnight stay on a weekend night where some collage kids stayed to go to a prom - they were noisy and apparently took everything out of the rooms - the refrigerators, microwaves etc - the woman on the desk said it was because they had no security at the hotel - a lady next to us said she was travelling alone and didn’t want to hear this.
Wont be coming back here in a hurry!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed February 8, 2010

I always keep this reservation for reference so I do not make this mistake again. It was the noisest room I have ever spent a night in. The windows might as well been glad wrap. The bathroom was nasty nice. Very suprising quality for a fairfield inn. I book alot of Marriott properties and I am always contient if not very pleased with all qualities including location but this hotel fails on all aspects.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank sunnytraveler2
Reviewed September 22, 2009

This Fairfied came through for us as we had not made reservations and needed a hotel. The front desk staff were very helpful and were the best part of the stay. Their dinner suggestion was very good. The rooms are overpriced.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled on business