“Nice Hampton” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn and Suites Tyler

You added Days Inn and Suites Tyler to your Saves list
Days Inn and Suites Tyler
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3130 Troup Hwy., Tyler, TX 75701 (Formerly Hampton Inn Tyler)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead, Save 15%
Ranked #22 of 37 Hotels in Tyler
Houston, United States
“Nice Hampton”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

Room was clean and what I expect as a regular Hampton Guest. A good experience overall and I would stay here again. This is the older style hotel where you drive up to the door versus the newer design with 3 or 4 stories and a central elevator. Lobby was clean.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

nancyschoolfield, General Manager at Days Inn and Suites Tyler, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
Thank you...... see you again soon

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Shawnee, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

I've stayed at this hotel in the past and thought it perfectly acceptable. It's an older facility and is a converted motor lodge where all of the rooms have outside access. Some people have an issue with this but it doesn't bother me if the facility is well kept. My first stay was 4 nights early December in a ground floor room. Everything went well; nice room, friendly staff, decent amenities. My recent stay however was a disaster. I arrived late in the evening for a single night stay. I got settled into my room and prepared to turn in for the night. That's when I discovered that the heater wasn't working. It was an uncharacteristically chilly 24 degrees in Tyler and the room temp was 57 and falling. The hotel staff offered to move me but the available room was 2 floors up on the opposite end of the facility. They made no attempt to investigate the issue. The next day maintenance was at my door at 7:30 AM with no call ahead. I didn't let them in because I was not dressed and wanted to speak to the hotel manager first. Nancy Schofield, the hotel manager first acted as if she thought I was trying to scam her and insisted that maintenance have a look at the heating system before we resolve the issue. I let them in at 8:05 and they were able to make the heating system work by fiddling with the thermostat; at least the blower came on. Ms. Schofield then acted like I was an idiot and simply unable to operate a thermostat. While civil she was neither empathetic nor conciliatory. In as much as I was obviously not 100% satisfied she didn't even broach the topic of compensation. I requested that she post additional point to my HHonors account as I never intend to stay in this hotel again. Her response was "I'll see about getting you some points". they haven't been posted yet; but it's only been 5 days since I checked out. We'll see...

• 2 of 5 stars
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

nancyschoolfield, General Manager at Days Inn and Suites Tyler, responded to this review, February 5, 2014
Again, I am sorry about the problem you had with your heating unit, I do know as you mentioned we were able to get the unit repaired as soon as we could access your room. We do strive each and every day to provide the best service possible, and I do hope you will return at a future date.
La Marque, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

I just stayed one night to take care of a personal issue but everything was very nice, and I will certainly stay here again next time I am back in Tyler. Everything was clean, the bed was comfortable, and the breakfast was good.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

nancyschoolfield, General Manager at Days Inn and Suites Tyler, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
Thanks so much for the great review, so you again soon.
Flower Mound, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

Great Hotel and great prices. Lots of extras and friendly staff. I highly recomend it. The location is good and close to man y places todine. I travel for business and alway need a place tp do printing and the office is very good for this. They have a great exersice room with all the latest equipment. Great brekfast and free coffee in your room

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

nancyschoolfield, General Manager at Days Inn and Suites Tyler, responded to this review, January 30, 2014
Thank you so much for your great comments.
McKinney, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

Great location...clean...but noisy rooms...could use a facelift on the exterior, nothing some paint and landscaping couldn't help with. Staff very professional and helpful...interior looked to be update recently and is modern.

1 Thank Joe K
Thanks for your feedback.
Commerce, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

got tremendous value, a Jacuzzi tub, large room with king bed and great breakfast. Would definitely stay here again. And it was convenient to where we needed to be. We were rested and refreshed; had access to the internet and cable movies and were close to venues to purchase food for lunch. it was convenient to the wedding we were attending. got a great price online ahead of time.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

nancyschoolfield, General Manager at Days Inn and Suites Tyler, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Thank you so much for your great comments.......see you again soon
Elk City, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

I didn't have hot water all one day. I had to take cold showers. Water was cold that morning, I had meetings all day and came back to my room and still had cold water and I had reported to staff that morning. I still didn't have any hot water until the next morning.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

nancyschoolfield, General Manager at Days Inn and Suites Tyler, responded to this review, December 17, 2013
I am so sorry, we did have a problem with our hot water in one area of the Hotel. I did have a plumbing compnay working day and night and we did get the problem resolved. I do hope you will return in the near future, once again I do apologize for the plumbing problem.