“Tyler Hampton” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #20 of 37 Hotels in Tyler
McKinney, United States
“Tyler Hampton”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

Great location...clean...but noisy rooms...could use a facelift on the exterior, nothing some paint and landscaping couldn't help with. Staff very professional and helpful...interior looked to be update recently and is modern.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

1 Thank Joe K
nancyschoolfield, General Manager at Days Inn and Suites Tyler, responded to this review, January 30, 2014
Thanks for your feedback.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Commerce, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

got tremendous value, a Jacuzzi tub, large room with king bed and great breakfast. Would definitely stay here again. And it was convenient to where we needed to be. We were rested and refreshed; had access to the internet and cable movies and were close to venues to purchase food for lunch. it was convenient to the wedding we were attending. got a great price online ahead of time.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

nancyschoolfield, General Manager at Days Inn and Suites Tyler, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Thank you so much for your great comments.......see you again soon
Elk City, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

I didn't have hot water all one day. I had to take cold showers. Water was cold that morning, I had meetings all day and came back to my room and still had cold water and I had reported to staff that morning. I still didn't have any hot water until the next morning.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

nancyschoolfield, General Manager at Days Inn and Suites Tyler, responded to this review, December 17, 2013
I am so sorry, we did have a problem with our hot water in one area of the Hotel. I did have a plumbing compnay working day and night and we did get the problem resolved. I do hope you will return in the near future, once again I do apologize for the plumbing problem.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

I have stayed at this location for at least 10 years for both business and family. It is always clean and the staff extremely helpful. I would strongly recommend this hotel. It is close to Canton for Trade Days and the price is much better than other hotels.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

nancyschoolfield, General Manager at Days Inn and Suites Tyler, responded to this review, December 4, 2013
Thank you so much for the great review. Hurry back to see us again soon.
Marfa Texas, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

Don't stay at this hotel. All the rooms and elevator are accessible only from the outside. Dead roaches/water bugs in meeting room and breakfast area and there was yelling, running and partying going on until after 1 a.m. even after being reported to the front desk at 11:00 p.m. and being told it would be taken care of.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

nancyschoolfield, General Manager at Days Inn and Suites Tyler, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Hi Barbara, Once again, I do want to apologize for the problems you experience during your stay, but I am happy that we could relocate your group to our lobby area for the second day of your meeting. We do strive each and every day to provide the best service possible and hope you will return in the near future.

Travelers are raving about these Tyler hotels

irving, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

I was here for the Rose festival and this was an excellent location for food (Try Stanley's BBQ!) and activities. The Breakfast is excellent and quick to get you on your way. If you like Birds, Butterflies and Flowers, stay here next October for the Rose festival.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

nancyschoolfield, General Manager at Days Inn and Suites Tyler, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Thnak you so much for your great comments, Please come back and visit us again soon.
Saint Peters, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

We arrived late one night after our flight and drive to Tyler. We were shocked to see that the hotel rooms were located outside of the lobby. When I entered my room the lock was missing a bolt so I was unable to lock my door. I picked up the phone to call the front desk, and I had to hold in the phone cord to be able to make that call. The front desk assistant meet me at my room with a key to another room. Once I got to my new room, my door would not open. After many attempts I gave up and headed to the lobby. The assistant went with me and he struggled for a few minutes open the door- which he finally did. Relief I thought- but that was short lived. The room stunck so bad of smoke and mold! I called my business partner and we left the hotel and stayed elsewhere. When we were checking out- the front desk person, not the same one that assisted me earlier gave us an attitude as we told him our reasons on wanting to leave. We then asked for a receipt to show that we did not stay and were told that nothing was booked in so no receipt was generated. WELL I just checked my credit card and in fact I WAS charged one night. I am calling them now to dispute. Oh and by the way, my business partner informed me that when he was walking in there were cockroaches wondering around outside the door!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank MeTa2222
nancyschoolfield, General Manager at Days Inn and Suites Tyler, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
I want to apologize for the problems you did experience and hope you will return in the near future