“Very enjoyable stay!”

Ranked #21 of 38 Hotels in Tyler
Magnolia, Arkansas
“Very enjoyable stay!”
Reviewed April 5, 2012

We stayed at this Hampton Inn during Canton Trade Days last weekend (only 35 mi. away). It was very clean, breakfast was good and staff was friendly and helpful. Easy to find...we would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed March 5, 2012

This is a MOTEL (drive up, and there's your door, exposed to the outside), so this is a definite consideration for single travelers. The hotel itself is tolerable (minus the stains on one of our bath towels). It's the service that would deter me from staying a second time.

If you had the misfortune of booking your room through any sort of travel website (i.e. Hotels.com, Entertainment.com, Priceline, Expedia, etc), be prepared to be double charged BY THE HOTEL, and then treated like some sort of scam artist if you dare to request that the second charge be removed.

Nancy, what happened to simple rules of customer service etiquette (i.e. The customer is always right, listen and acknowledge questions/complaints)? Last time I checked, customer service didn't include YOUR unprofessional manner.

Room Tip: Don't choose this hotel!
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Travel G
LA
Reviewed February 22, 2012

This is not your typical Hampton Inn, which are usually decent enough. Maybe I ranked it lower because I dislike Tyler so much (and any town that doesn't sell wine), but this hotel is old and gross. The layout is bizarre, like a rat maze of outside-facing doors. Facing outside always sucks: it's less safe, the rooms are cold, people walking by after slamming car doors and turning on car alarms keep you up all night. nasty black mold all over the shower, toilet ran and ran, and grossest of all - the huge hair/back hair stain on the worn lazy-boy chair in the room. Eeew. The only saving grace is the Corner Bakery next door for healthy food.

Room Tip: Something away from cars parking 3 feet from your door.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Dragon l
Concord, North Carolina
Reviewed February 9, 2012

I was driving across Texas and needed a place to sleep for the night, so I found this hotel on the website and booked it online. I was hauling a 18 foot trailer and pulled up to the front door around 1am upon that time I found out that the hotel was a MOTEL and it had no inside rooms or elevators. I was too tired to find another place to sleep, so I sucked it up and got a room. I told the guy behind the desk that I had a trailer and that I wanted a room that I could see the trailer or at least be in earshot of anything going on with it. He could not help because they were booked. I can understand that. However, I can't understand why when I asked the guy if there was a place I could park since I was hauling a trailer why he wouldn't tell me that the parking lot that was on that side of the hotel dead ends and is a single lane of traffic around the corner and a 90 degree turn around the building. I mean, it appears that the parking lot continues around the building until you get back there and it goes another 100 feet and then just ends into the garbage bins with no place to turn around for a car, let alone a full sized dually truck with a 18 foot trailer. I specifically told the guy that I had a trailer and he told me that there may be parking back there. Stupid of me to go and take his word for it. He didn't even mention that there is no way to get out once you get back there. Anyway, I had to spend an hour getting in and out of my truck trying to back out to where I could get enough room to tear up his grass to get out of the jam. I was so mad I didn't even want to see that guy and he just sat on his butt behind the desk while I was struggling. I wouldn't recommend this hotel if the rest of Texas was leveled and that was the only place to sleep outside of a tent with stray cats and dogs. If you want an idiot to check you in and an insecure place to sleep, all while feeling like you are sleeping in a mom and pop motel, you may want to get a room at this place, otherwise you can get a room at a better hotel for the same money and even cheaper right down the street.

Room Tip: Don't get a room. Turn around and go somewhere else. All the rooms are outside entrance only a...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Derikk T
Las Vegas
Reviewed January 9, 2012

I requested a room opposite any busy street. They assigned me a room near the pool. The hotel does not have inside corridors so the door and windows are directly exposed the parking lot and streets. On a Saturday morning the garbage truck empties two dumpsters with all of the back up horns and associated banging at 4:42 a.m. Yes, it was 4:42 A.M. When I asked the front desk staff they all were aware of this as an ongoing occurring event. When Ms. Schoolfield (GM) talked with me she indicated this as a regular problem and nothing she could do about it. The rooms in this Hampton look like other Hampton hotels, but the outside is not even close to the Hampton brand. The morning breakfast was similar to Hampton but it was clear they were trying to save money with what was available. A bad experience that I won't experience again.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank tanndance
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed December 30, 2011

My wife and I stay at this hotel every time we visit her family inTyler, Texas. We were pleasently surprised to find the hotel compl,etely remodeled when we checked in on Christmas Eve, 2011. The decorator who planned the remodel deserves an award for design. This hotel can now be categorized as beautiful, although it is still in the basic configuration as all Hampton Inns. Our room was perfect, 42" HDTV, Microwave, Refridgerator, terrific large bathroom, free hot breakfast. Everything you could possibly need, including an iron and board! The second floor has a guest laundry with washers and dryers for customer use. I should also mention that the hotel has a private business center room stocked with computers and printers for guest use anytime, day or night! Cleanliness everywhere it top notch! This is one of the best Hampton Inns in the Hilton chain. Trust me on this since I've stayed in many of them. And, another plus is that the staff is wonderfully typical Texas friendly! There are several resteraunts within a short walking distance. The hotel is just off US Route 20 and the exit for Tyler/Lindale exit for HWY 69. Extremely convenient and easy to see from Route 20. I highly recommend this hotel for everyone and for any purpose.

Room Tip: Always get a corner room since they are the largest. And, always ask for a room on the second or thi...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
Mills River, North Carolina
Reviewed November 17, 2011

The staff was warm and welcoming, and the lobby is well appointed. The corridors are on the building's exterior, making it more like a motel. The room was very clean with all the amenities expected of Hampton Inns. Good location with lots of restaurants and shopping close. Overall a real value.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple