“ok for the price” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #12 of 38 Hotels in Tyler
Dallas, Texas
“ok for the price”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

I just didn't feel like it was clean, although the only specific thing I could mention to that end was seeing a dead water bug under the heater as I got in bed. I did the usual check for bedbugs, hairs, etc, and didn't see any sign of them. I was exhausted when I arrived, so maybe that had something to do with it. I was only there for a short time (didn't check in until almost 2am) although in the room it said check out was at noon when it is really 11am.

Room Tip: no problem with noise while staying on 2nd floor
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank jpka
, Owner at Magnuson Grand Hotel and Conference Center - Tyler, responded to this review, October 11, 2016
Despite the time since you shared your experience with us, I just wanted to reach out and assure you that cleanliness is our top priority. It's certainly disappointing to hear you felt anything was less than up to our usual standard, but I can assure you that wouldn't be the case today. Hopefully, we've had the chance to welcome you back and leave you with a better impression than the your last. - Kevin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Tyler
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2013

Need to clean and upgrade rooms, spray for bugs in the sheets and do not put torn sheets on bed.Room was dirty around the bed.There is no way I could sleep with these conditions. Checked out of the hotel that night and had to find another hotel. I felt my health was in jepardy.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

2 Thank Margaret J
leonardo G, Manager at Magnuson Grand Hotel and Conference Center - Tyler, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Thank you for reviewing your stay with us. I apologize for the inconvenience. We are working to correct these issues as we strive for excellence.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

the bed was comfortable the room was clean but the TV was outdated. A little hard to find if you've never been there before but I would stay there again. Very nice room for the price.....but I'm not as picking as a lot of people!! Just needed somewhere to lay my head after a night of partying..lol

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank ochillboss
Thank you for reviewing your stay with us. We are glad you hear that you enjoyed it as much as we did.
Malakoff, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2013

We chose to stay here last night because it was very close to the bowling alley. Decided to take a chance despite bad reviews. The room was very clean, new-looking bed spread and linens. Plenty of towels, smelled fine. On checking in, we were asked to be sure and report any problems. When we checked out, same thing. Another lady, I believe a nurse, was checking out at the same time. She was very complimentary of her stay. Desk clerk asked both of us if we had any problems to report. I told her I was very happy with my stay. Wi-fi worked fine.
Deskclerk very nice. Told me new owners have bought it in just the last couple of months, have closed the restaurant for remodeling, have big plans for making the place good again. She says she has only been here since January, and that all of the old crew is gone. I was very pleasantly surprised.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple