Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tyler South
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsturkey sausagetub areafront deskcinnamon rollsindoor poolneeded a place to staynice roomfree breakfast isrecommend this hotelmeeting roombusiness centernext morningmorning breakfastwill stay there againeasy accessrooms were very cleanvery nice hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 28, 2013

First off - our room was great. However, we just watched a group of boys accompanied by two uninvolved moms, come down for breakfast in bare feet. OK, gross, but I can handle that. Until the bare feet jumped onto the food prep area where the bagels were kept. Oh, and how about when they handled food and fruit and then put it back so other guests could enjoy. I think the food prep employee probably did what she could. The front desk help denied noticing six boys running around the kitchen area without shoes but I get it - she was all of fifteen feet away. Owner - maybe you could empower your employees to tell your guests that it is a health code violation to show up in your food area without shoes. And moms - what is wrong with you

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
HolidayInnExpTyler, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tyler South, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2013

Luvthebeach543,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay with us! We are pleased to know that you enjoyed your guest room, but are very disappointed to know that your overall stay was not the wonderful experience it should have been. We sincerely apologize for the dilemma you encountered with the young kids being barefoot in the breakfast area and please know that the parents were contacted regarding the complaints. We have also communicated to our employees of the importance of the empowerment that they have with resolving all issues at the front desk, breakfast area, hotel public areas as well as working with the breakfast hostess to ensure these issues do not occur in the future. Again, we apologize for the experience you encountered while staying at our hotel!

Reviewed April 9, 2013

Our family traveled to Tyler to attend UT-Tyler's Patriot Day and stayed overnight in a very clean and comfortable double king room. The location is quiet with no road noise and even the air conditioner was quiet. The complimentary breakfast was hot, fresh and ready bright and early in the morning.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
HolidayInnExpTyler, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tyler South, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2013

Thank you so much for your comments...we appreciate the feedback! We are pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to see you on your next trip to Tyler!

Reviewed February 19, 2013

I have stayed at the Holiday Inn Express South in Tyler, Texas many times over the past three years, and it has always been one of the best hotels in the Holiday Inn Express chain.

Unfortunately, this hotel has slipped a little in my estimation. I was told that there is a new management company running the hotel, and it was evident to me. There was no longer an evening "business social hour" as in the past with snacks, beer and wine. Also, the breakfast buffet was similar but not as fresh as in the past. Hopefully, these are just growing pains with the new management company, and this Holiday Inn Express will return to the high standards of the past.

Iwould recommend this hotel to both business and leisure travelers as it is still a good hotel, but no longer the best one in Tyler, Texas.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
HolidayInnExpTyler, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tyler South, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2013

Thank you for continuing to choose the Holiday Inn Express South as your choice hotel in Tyler!
We appreciate your feedback and while we did recently acquire new management, we are still in the process of making changes to improve our guests overall stays with us including bringing back the nightly receptions. Should you have further comments or suggestions, please do not hesitate to contact us personally as it is with your feedback that we are able take the opportunity to improve in all areas. Thank you again for being a valued Platinum member with Priority Club and we hope to see you again on your next trip to Tyler!

Reviewed February 2, 2013

I'm a platinum member with Holiday Prioroty Club and stay in a hotel abut 300 nights year and I've never been treated like this. On my second night here at about 9:00 PM the front desk calls me and tells me they need a credit card for incidentals. First I have two yes two business cards on file with Prioroty club and at all IHG i have stayed at I have never been asked for a personal card for incidentals. So I gave my personal debit card to them when they called the second night they told me my personal credit card was declined (rather strange as I used it all over town with no problems used it 30 minutes earlier for dinner) and I needed to come to the desk immediate and give $20 on a credit card for incidentals. This hotel has no bar no restaurant NOTHING like this all they have is a suite shop for snack I don't use there suite shop due to prices to high. I had advised the person I was not coming back down that night and I could take care of it on Sat. They continued to argue with me finally I hung up the phone. Then bright and early the next morning 8:00 am I got another call insisting I come down to pay a $100 cash deposit for incidentals. REALLY $100 for SNACK ARE YOU CRAZY and cash when I have TWO credit cards on file. I insisted that the manger call me in regards to this matter and guess who calls me. The director os sales yes the director of sales finally I was so frustrated mchecked out of this hotel AND I WILL NEVER STAY HERE AGAIN. I moved to another IHG property much newer and
Less expensive and there's no cracks in the tub. Yes the jacuzzi tub had cracks that hab been arched numerous times one of the dials were missing real safe.

Room Tip: Go to Staybridge Suites on McDonald just down the street much better deal and still a IHG property
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
HolidayInnExpTyler, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tyler South, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2013

We are deeply apologetic and disappointed to know that you encountered issues during your stay and it was anything less than satisfactory. Unfortunately, your experience was not the same as many of our other satisfied customers have received.
While it is a policy at most hotels requiring some form of payment for incidentals, the amount and actual policy may vary a little. We do try to be lenient with our guests and accommodate their needs as best as possible, but we do require some form of payment on file for incidentals that is authorized upon your arrival and released immediately upon your departure. Incidentals are such as suite shop items, dry cleaning, long distance phone calls, and for smoking or pet damages to the guest rooms. We tried multiple times to speak with you and try to work with you for the incidentals and upon leaving a message for you at 5PM, we received a phone call back from you at approximately 9PM on the 2nd night of your stay. We completely understand it being later in the evening when you received the voicemail and that is why we were trying to accommodate you as best we could and speak to you Saturday morning.
I reviewed your comments in regards to the crack in the Jacuzzi tub with our Chief Maintenance Engineer and we are currently in the process of replacing all of our Jacuzzi bottoms.
If you have any comments or questions, please do not hesitate to contact us personally.

Reviewed January 21, 2013

Close to University of Texas at Tyler, Mall and restaurants like Texas Roadhouse. Nice rooms, good breakfast buffet as usual....will definitely return when in Tyler TX

A Texas Resident and frequent traveler to Tyler

Resident of Mansfield TX

Room Tip: Near numerous businesses and restaurants
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Lee M
HolidayInnExpTyler, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tyler South, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2013

Thank you so much for your comments! We are so glad that our location worked perfectly for you and you enjoyed your stay! We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Tyler!