“Appreciation & thanks...”

Ranked #20 of 38 Hotels in Tyler
Wylie, Texas
“Appreciation & thanks...”
Reviewed August 15, 2012

I was in Tyler unexpectedly due to a family emergency. I was quickly accommodated at the front desk without a reservation and also given a very reasonable rate. Taylor, especially at the front desk was considerate & empathetic to my situation. In a time when excellent customer service is rare, I felt like it was important to acknowledge it. The room was above average, clean, and the bed was very comfortable. After being in the room for an hour or two, Carlton from the front desk called my room to make sure everything was ok and ask if I needed anything. He provided some logistically convenient restaurant options. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
HolidayInnTyler, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tyler South, responded to this review, August 16, 2012
Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express South in Tyler, Texas! We appreciate your feedback and I have shared your comments with the entire staff. We strive to provide excellent customer service to each and every guest, and it is reassuring to know that your needs were met upon arriving at our hotel. Thank you for your feedback, and we hope to be your first hotel choice when traveling to Tyler.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Garland, Texas
Reviewed July 31, 2012

We held a special event here. We had a wonderful time and plan to return. We appreciated the nice staff as they were so polite and helpful. This was our second event here. It was great to meet Ms. Nelson in person. She has always been so patient and efficient to work with. Thanks to everyone! Annette A.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
HolidayInnTyler, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tyler South, responded to this review, August 6, 2012
Annette,
We are glad that your group enjoyed their stay at our hotel! I will be sure to address the review with Mallory, and we look forward to being your first hotel of choice for your next event! Thank you again for your feedback!
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed July 12, 2012

I travel for bs constantly and prefer HI express, but this one is way over price. The lighting in the room is poor, the carpets and floors and flithy. The free internet requires sign on every 15 min., As for requests, I carry confidential documents for bs. I was very specific about no one (cleaning or otherwise) in my room unless I am present. They went in anyway. Their pricing is ridiculous in comparison to other HI express I stay in. They claim are in line with the area market, not! My colleagues have more amentities and better accommodations and pay way less. I can't recommend this and will never be stupid enough to pay these outrageous prices again! This one will be the exception to my preference when on bs. here! Too bad!
FYI - I had to leave a review on this site due to this location not letting me create a account! Hummm! I don't wonder why!

Holiday Inn Express
2421 E. S.E. Loop 323
Tyler, TX 75701

Room Tip: Don't choose here
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank 277none
HolidayInnTyler, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tyler South, responded to this review, July 27, 2012
We are deeply apologetic that you experienced anything less than satisifactory while staying at our hotel. Our trained engineering staff routinely checks all of our rooms to ensure that we are offering a clean, well-maintained room. l reviewed your comments in regards to our carpet and lighting with our Chief Engineer and Housekeeping Supervisor so that we can make any necessary improvements in this area. We spoke on multiple occasions in regards to your pricing, and if you have any further questions or comments, please do not hesitate to get in contact with me personally.

Naturally, we were disappointed to learn that you encountered issues during your stay. Unfortunately, your experience was not the same as many of our other satisfied customers have received. As a hotel, we have nothing to do with creating or blocking accounts on Trip Advisor, in fact we encourage guest feedback, because it is only through customer feedback that we are able to improve our product and service. Again, thank you for your review.
Houston, Texas
Reviewed June 1, 2012

I work with a group of people who travel quite a bit, when we are in Tyler hosting a event I never think twice about going here. I have worked with Mallory Nelson for a few events now and she has always been the sweetest, nicest, most deligent person to work with. I never have to follow up or worry about any details when working with her. From dealing with other hotels and their management, Mallory Nelson & her staff have outshined everyone else. Their quality of work is definately not a standard to others in this industry. Her & her team go above and beyond every time. The hotel itself is very clean and everyone on site is wonderful.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
HolidayInnTyler, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tyler South, responded to this review, June 8, 2012
Thank you for your feedback! We strive to provide superior customer service to every individual, so I will be sure to share your comments with our staff! Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express South, and we look forward to working with you in the future!
Longview, Texas
Reviewed May 9, 2012

I recently stayed at this hotel with some family members when one of my nephews was involved in an accident. We arrived very late, and we were exhausted. The lady at the front desk,Cheryl gave us a terrific rate, and was so kind to my whole family, we felt overwhelmed. We had to get up very early to get back to the hospital, and found a very special note of encouragement under our door. It was so appreciated! She had also made some fresh coffee just for our group! The rooms were nice and clean, and the beds were very comfortable! We were not there for long, but we were treated like we were five star customers! Thank you!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
HolidayInnTyler, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tyler South, responded to this review, May 11, 2012
Thank you for your feedback! I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel! I will share your comments with the staff. We strive every day to make sure that all departments provide legendary customer service to each and every one of our guests... they will be excited to hear your review! Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express South while traveling to Tyler!
Eustace, Texas, United States
Reviewed May 2, 2012

I had a very pleasant stay here at this Holiday Inn Express. All the people were very nice and curtieous.

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side are quieter
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Gregory C
We are glad to hear that your stay was incredible at our hotel! We appreciate your feedback, and we hope to see you again soon!
dallas
Reviewed May 1, 2012

Where do I start.. First I want to say thank you to the staff at this Holiday Inn Express. Senetra at the front desk helped me with my reservations. She calls me to confirm my reservation (s) due to my extensive travel in the East Texas area. Next, Mallory takes care of all my business needs which includes the meeting room, copies, conference call phone and ensuring what I need is taking care in an exceeded expectation.last, Samantha makes sure my entire visit is complete from the cleanliness of the hotel to the above customer service at the front desk.

I would highly recommend this hotel to any one that will be staying in the Tyler area. This Hotel gives you a value for the price.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
HolidayInnTyler, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tyler South, responded to this review, May 3, 2012
Thank you for your review of our hotel. We genuinely enjoy what we do here and love to hear about our guests' positive experiences. We recognize that you have a choice in where you stay, and we sincerely thank you for choosing to stay at the Holiday Inn Express South. We appreciate your positive comments and recommendation as well. We hope to see you again on your next trip to Tyler, TX!