“Nice and Comfortable”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tyler South
Ranked #19 of 37 Hotels in Tyler
Reviewed July 19, 2011

This is a very nice hotel. The rooms are your standard room (bed, flat screen, desk, bathroom) but with a few extras. The rooms did have refridgerators and also a DVD player. The front desk staff was very helpful in helping me find my way in the local area. Breakfast was decent. Not a lot for the healthy folks but enough to get you on your way. There was a very nice sourthern gentlman sitting in the hallway shoe stand that would polish your shoes and bring them to your room. More than that, his hospitality was great if you just needed a good talk after a long day. Pool = Nice, Gym = Nice, All around = Nice.

Room Tip: Priority Plus membership and be nice to the staff
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
HolidayInnTyler, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tyler South, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2011

We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay! We hope that you will choose to stay at our hotel for your next trip to Tyler! Thank you for staying at the Holiday Inn Express South!

Reviewed June 15, 2011

Stayed here for two nights and couldn't have been more pleased! VERY clean, spacious, and tastefully decorated. We stayed in a room with 2 queen beds. The only negative was the breakfast--just really bad food. The coffee was thin and tasteless. I'd stay here again, but do breakfast & coffee at Einsteins on Broadway!

• Stayed: June 2011
HolidayInnTyler, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tyler South, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2011

I am glad that you enjoyed your accommodations at our hotel! I Thank you for your comment and we look forward to your next arrival!

Reviewed June 13, 2011

The indoor pool was fantastic with little ones and the grounds were superb! The Hotel is close to pretty much any restaurant you'd enjoy.
Thanks for the stay
Dennis

Room Tip: All rooms are good
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family

Thank you for choosing our hotel while traveling to Tyler, TX! We are glad that your family enjoyed our indoor swimming pool, and convenient location! We hope to see you back in the near future.

Reviewed June 11, 2011

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at this hotel in Tyler last week. Their staff is very friendly and ready to assist with any need that you may have. I used Trip Advisor to help me decide where to stay during my trip to Tyler and I'm definitely glad I chose this hotel over all the others. The Holiday Inn Express South will no doubt be my only hotel choice for future trips to Tyler!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business

We are excited to hear that we will be your first pick when you travel to Tyler! It is our goal to provide the best customer service to our guests! We are glad that you enjoyed your stay, and we look forward to your next arrival!

Reviewed May 19, 2011

Believe the reviews...this place is that good. Very friendly staff. Room is excellent. I got a welcome gift, nice touch.

• Stayed: May 2011

We appreciate your positive feedback, and we hope that we will have the opportunity to accommodate you in the near future! Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express South!

Reviewed May 17, 2011

I was going to go with my husband on a business trip and was looking forward to staying at this hotel because of all the great reviews on here. I booked my room through Southwest.com thinking that it was easier to book airfare, hotel, and car all in one place. However, when the trip fell through and I called to cancel, the hotel told me I had to contact Southwest, so I did and they informed me that while Southwest doesn't have a cancellation penalty, they have to enforce the policy of the property (meaning this hotel) and that there were NO REFUNDS. Now I am out the entire $244 for 2 nights at a hotel which I've never set foot in. When I called the hotel back to ask if this was indeed their policy, she told me she would talk to the manager but that she was pretty sure that by pre-paying my reservation in advance through Southwest (thus securing a lower room rate) that made the reservation non-refundable. This is an entire week before my trip, not a day or two. I have stayed in a ton of hotels in my life and have never heard such ridiculousness. Now I'm out all this money for a trip I never took. WHAT A SCAM!!! Beware of the fine print when you book--they will get you!!!

Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank jenmcg412

I apologize that your experience with your third party booking was not a positive one. We do follow the policies and procedures when it comes to prepaid reservations, and one of them being their firm cancellation policy. If I can be any further assistance, please do not hesitate to get in contact wtih me personally.

Reviewed March 27, 2011

We were very happy with our stay. Great parking, easy access to the door. Beds were very comfy and room was clean. Breakfast was good with many choices. Close to many restaurants...we tried and loved El Chico. Very yummy!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank amblessed
HolidayInnTyler, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tyler South, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2011

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay! I am very glad that you and your family enjoyed yourselves while you were in town. We appreciate your business and we look forward to serving you in the future!