“This place is quite good”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tyler South
Ranked #19 of 37 Hotels in Tyler
Reviewed May 19, 2011

Believe the reviews...this place is that good. Very friendly staff. Room is excellent. I got a welcome gift, nice touch.

• Stayed: May 2011
HolidayInnTyler, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tyler South, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2011

We appreciate your positive feedback, and we hope that we will have the opportunity to accommodate you in the near future! Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express South!

Reviewed May 17, 2011

I was going to go with my husband on a business trip and was looking forward to staying at this hotel because of all the great reviews on here. I booked my room through Southwest.com thinking that it was easier to book airfare, hotel, and car all in one place. However, when the trip fell through and I called to cancel, the hotel told me I had to contact Southwest, so I did and they informed me that while Southwest doesn't have a cancellation penalty, they have to enforce the policy of the property (meaning this hotel) and that there were NO REFUNDS. Now I am out the entire $244 for 2 nights at a hotel which I've never set foot in. When I called the hotel back to ask if this was indeed their policy, she told me she would talk to the manager but that she was pretty sure that by pre-paying my reservation in advance through Southwest (thus securing a lower room rate) that made the reservation non-refundable. This is an entire week before my trip, not a day or two. I have stayed in a ton of hotels in my life and have never heard such ridiculousness. Now I'm out all this money for a trip I never took. WHAT A SCAM!!! Beware of the fine print when you book--they will get you!!!

Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank jenmcg412

I apologize that your experience with your third party booking was not a positive one. We do follow the policies and procedures when it comes to prepaid reservations, and one of them being their firm cancellation policy. If I can be any further assistance, please do not hesitate to get in contact wtih me personally.

Reviewed March 27, 2011

We were very happy with our stay. Great parking, easy access to the door. Beds were very comfy and room was clean. Breakfast was good with many choices. Close to many restaurants...we tried and loved El Chico. Very yummy!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank amblessed
HolidayInnTyler, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tyler South, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2011

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay! I am very glad that you and your family enjoyed yourselves while you were in town. We appreciate your business and we look forward to serving you in the future!

Reviewed February 21, 2011

The staff and management are extremely accommodating. The rooms are in excellent condition, which is nice after a long day on the road. I look forward to my trip back to Tyler.

Thanks,

Travis

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank tfranks04
HolidayInnTyler, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tyler South, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2011

The Holiday Inn Express South staff and management would like to say thank you for comment! We are so glad you are considering to stay with us again in the future. We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in Tyler, TX.

Reviewed February 18, 2011

I make several business trips to this area each year. The staff welcomes me back and makes every effort to accommodate me each and every time I come to town. The rooms are clean, business friendly and the beds are very comfortable. I switched to this hotel while in town from another down the street and have not been disappointed in the least.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank meterman245

We appreciate you taking the time to post your experience on Trip Advisor. Our hotel is very grateful to have such a loyal guest such as yourself. We will continue to meet your expectations during your furture stays with us!

Reviewed September 21, 2010

Read the other reviews and you will get a clear picture of this delightful Holiday Inn. The reviews are not given because the hotel is new. I've stayed in new hotels that were new but awful. This Holiday Inn Express South is new and wonderful. My only addition is to shop around for the best discount.. The breakfast was typical Holiday Inn cheap food, but if you want something tasty, the area has other breakfast places and coffee shops. I have stayed in 4 star hotels and new hotels that were not as nicely decorated or as clean. I don't know how long the clean will last, but for now, this Holiday Inn Express South is a definite "Yes!" This hotel is hidden away from I-20 but an easy drive to I-20 even during rush hour traffic if you ask the desk staff for the fastest route around the traffic. We took a side road which cut our route to i-20 almost in half.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business

Thank you for your positive review about your stay at our hotel! We will continue to strive to meet yours and other guest's cleanliness expectations. The next time you are in the area we hope you will come try our new breakfast items including our pancake machine! We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed September 16, 2010

My son and I recently stayed at the Holiday Inn Express located at 2421 E.S.E. Loop 323 in Tyler, Texas for 2 nights, and I cannot say enough positive things about our experience. From the easy check in with Cheryl (who is a terrific employee!) to the impromtu BBQ sandwiches and beer night, it was truly the best Holiday Inn Express at which I have stayed.

The workout room was great, and the buffet breakfast delicious and bountiful. I highly recommend this Holiday Inn Express to both business and leisue travelers. The hotel location is close to many decent restaurants as well as the University of Texas at Tyler. Don't miss this hotel!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank Simmrouter

We are so glad that you and your family had a wonderful exprerience at our hotel! As a manager I am very proud to hear such positive feedback on the service provided by our staff. Since your last stay our Night Receptions have been extended to four days instead of two per week and has more resturant vendors. We hope you can join us during your future visits to Tyler, TX.