See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed October 16, 2010

I've been at value place since may 2010. Like most posts on this site..it has an affordable rate for long term stay travellers and individuals/families in transition or vacation. The staff is very friendly and my room is very clean and just what I need for now. With many hotels there are flaws but we adjust especially if you let the management team know your complaints in advance. It is definitely a great place to stay because of great location, great price, nice staff, safe area, very clean hotel, and all the amenities that I need to call home for now. My only concern is the bed was too firm. It was not comfortable at all but I went out and bought a mattress cover and that resolved that problem. I let the hotel know about the bed. The housekeepers do a great job of cleaning the room. So far my experience has been great.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank future700
Reviewed October 13, 2010

I've been here since mid August, and I couldnt imagine staying anywhere else in the DFW area. Katherine (manager) is an excellent manager. She is always prompt in any request you might need, and follows up to make sure your request was followed thru to the "T" !!.....Let's not forget the asst mgr Ann....very professional too !! The house keeping staff (Sandra & Jorge) are aces also !!.. This hotel is VERY well maintained ! I work for a major employer in the DFW area, and I would highly recommend this place to my fellow employees, or anyone traveling travelling thru the area. You WILL NOT be disappointed !!!!
- Shawn S. , Ft Worth Tx

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank Shawn587
Reviewed August 10, 2010

We arrived at the hotel late, and by all appearances it seemed closed. Apparently no one mans the desk after business hours. This was new to me as I’m used to hotels with a 24/7 staff, and someone always being available at the front desk. Not a big deal, they had a phone in the lobby that we were able to call security on and get checked into the hotel. It took a few minutes before the security guard arrived, but once he did we were greeted warmly, and checked into the hotel promptly.

We had never stayed at a Value Place, and weren’t sure what to expect in the rooms, but everything turned out ok. The best way I can describe the room is as an upscale dorm or small efficiency. There is no big screen TV, or king size pillow top bed, but the room was clean and functional, and overall, it was comfortable. It was just what I needed, at a price that was extremely affordable. For what I paid for one week here, I’ve spent for a single night more times than I’d like to remember.

The location was very convenient, and only about 15 minutes from Dallas, and Ft. Worth. Restaurants, and grocery stores are close by, but I would recommend having a car at this location as there isn’t much within walking distance. The hotel doesn’t have many amenities, but the price and friendly service make up for the lack of a swimming pool, or fitness center. Which by the way the staff offered me a special rate at fitness center across the highway if I wanted to workout.

Overall, the staff, and cost of lodging were what we liked best about the location. We were treated like we were staying at a 5 star hotel, but paying a 2 star price.

What I liked least about the hotel were the beds. They are on the firm side, but the staff even helped us with that. Apparently they had some spare mattresses, and they went out of their way to stack a second mattress on top of the first which made for a good nights sleep.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank JTyme83
Reviewed June 8, 2010

Horrible experiences!
This was our fourth stay at this location and it will be our last.

We had three groups that made reservations. Two of those reservations were canceled without a phone call and we didn't find out until we were trying to check in! No apologies or compensations were offered. The groups had to stay elsewhere and pay much more than they were expecting even though we had reservations for well over a month!

There weren't enough towels in the room. When we asked for more, we were told they would be in the room within an hour, however when we returned to our room later that night, they weren't. Then, when I asked for them (after hours) I was lectured by the old man behind the desk about how I'm not supposed to ask for towels after 9pm. When I told him I had asked for them at noon, he proceeded to lecture me saying that he had given them to me and not to ask after 9pm in the future! Extremely rude since I had obviously followed the rules!

On the second night, we returned to our room smelling like something had died in there! We had no trash at that point, so it wasn't from us. We were given, in my opinion, BS answers from the old man that had lectured me the previous night about the towels. Apparently the place was full, so there was nothing he could do. It was extremely unpleasant. I don't know if the smell went away or we just got used to it.

On a previous visit, we were actually locked out of our room because we didn't provide a copy of one of the guests drivers license, even though we asked about that at checkin. There was no phone call or warning or note. We were simply locked out of our room which is extremely unpleasant to find out when returning late at night and the desk is closed!

Customer service policies needs to be taken a look at since it appears inconvenient for the current staff to assist any customers if there is an issue.

The beds are horribly uncomfortable as well. They're basically a piece of plywood with a thin mattress on them. If you sit too hard, you'll hurt your tailbone.
The walls are super thin. You can hear everyone around you walking and opening doors all through the night.

I know of at least 15-20 people that will not be staying here in the future!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with friends
2  Thank bdickman77
Reviewed January 28, 2010

First, I agree with all the other reviewers of this hotel. It is designed as an extended stay facility best suited for transient workers.

Knowing we were not necessarily part of the target audience, we booked here because of its close proximity to my son's home. We were in town for our grandson's first birthday.

The place was very clean and really was just as described and as we expected.

However, we experienced a situation that was hard to believe.
When we checked in, the desk clerk informed us that she was upgrading us to a larger room because they had no non-smoking rooms available of the size we had reserved. Great! No problem! We went out for the evening with our family and returned at 8pm and find that our keys do not work. The office is closed. We call the office number from the phone outside the office and the office window opens and the night security/clerk presents us with an ultimatum authored by his manager. We can stay in the larger room and pay the higher price or we can move immediately to a smaller room that had become available and pay the lower price. I suggested this was not a way to treat a guest and we would be happy to move the next day since we had already been in the room, had unpacked and really didn't want to move right then. He was adamant. He even called the manager, who didn't ask to speak with us, but obviously reiterated his position. As a matter of principle (it certainly wasn't the extra cost - $10 a day) I said we would move and we did. When we got to the new room, the AC didn't appear to work. Needless to say we were quite unhappy. The night clerk just happened to call and we told him about the AC. He said it had been working 30 minutes earlier and would come up, but we declined since my wife was already ready for bed. After playing with the AC, I discovered the trick - put on the heat first and then switch to AC. We were going to move out the next day, but thought better of it since the hotel had not failed to provide the lodging or some other service we paid for and thus we would just have to pay for a second place. The rest of the stay was uneventful, but, because of the way we were treated, we will never stay there again. I really can't figure out any upside for the manager in forcing us to move that first night. We had occupied the room, so it would have to be cleaned again. Now, we hadn't messed up the bed, so maybe he figured he only had to replace a towel and wash cloth to clean it, but, wait, how would he know the bed hadn't been disturbed unless he had entered the room while we were gone...Hmmm. Actually, if he had asked to speak with me and explained some logical reason for us to move immediately we probably would have - we are very reasonable people, but instead he chose to have his night clerk/security person present us with an unappealing set of choices. It wasn't a real big deal, but it's certainly no way to treat guests if you expect repeat business.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple