“AWESOME”

San Solomon Spring Courts
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Toyahvale
San Solomon Spring Courts
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Toyahvale
Reviewed June 11, 2013

Great swimming hole. Swimming in the unchlorinated water with the fish is very refreshing. We have been fortune enough to be there when it is not too busy. One side is cemented to give it a pool type feeling while the other side is left natural and is much deeper. last we were there they had a low and high dive.

We stayed in the hotel type rooms there. The rooms are nothing special, but you are not there for the amenities. I would be upset if it was a normal hotel. It is actually cheaper than the hotels in the area. We had a pretty large room that accommodated eight comfortably. Great oasis in the middle of no where.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
7  Thank Ron1790
There are newer reviews for San Solomon Spring Courts

Reviewed August 4, 2012

Deduct a point for the uninspired housekeeping, deduct a point for no wi-fi, but then add all the points back in and then some because you're staying IN the park right across from one of the biggest, cleanest, clearest, and finest spring fed swimming pools on Earth.

Now on to the lodging: The Courts are actually old "motor courts" from the '30's or '40's. If you've ever stayed there note that if your room has a kitchen or second bedroom that these were originally garages. The architecture is original tile roofs, plaster walls, and exposed beam ceilings. Most of them have barn swallows nesting under the eaves of the porch, too.

The rooms have been updated over time with good cold A/C, bathrooms with tubs and instant hot water, and some with basic kitchenette units with compact refrigerators and electric cooktops. The rooms also have a microwave, cable TV and a charcoal grill out front. The rooms are dated, furnishings well used and carpeting a little threadbare, but everything works as intended and the park staff do their best to keep the place up.

Balmorhea State Park has become a very popular destination over the years, and there are lots of kids and families that stay in the courts and in the campground. Anytime a ton of people are having a blast things just get noisy! If this sort of thing annoys you, visit during the week after Labor Day when you'll have the place to yourself. But no matter what, just get in there, swim, and enjoy this very special place.

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side are adjacent to the lovely canal that carries spring water from the pool to...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
7  Thank Greg S
Reviewed July 31, 2012

My three kids and I stayed here for one night on our way to Colorado from Texas. We stayed in one of the three-bed, two-room suites for about $85. The rooms were far from luxurious but clean and comfortable and walking distance from the spring, as well as the creek where the kids could see turtles, fish, etc. The only problem was that I could not lock the back door to the room, and had we been there for more than one night, I would have raised that issue with the staff. Despite that, for that price, I would not hesitate to stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank KLWHouston
Reviewed July 24, 2012

This is a beautiful state park. The rooms are in dire need of renovation. Due to budget restraints and the state of Texas not prioritizing where they spend available funds the rooms here go lacking. The last time we stayed there was a problem with mice climbing into the bed in the middle of the night. Sorry I can not say anything better about the rooms at this time. This is one of the best destinations in Texas with a lack of decent lodging for now.

Room Tip: Go ahead and visit the park. Just stay somewhere else until the rooms here undergo major renovation.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
7  Thank SCJJM
Reviewed March 20, 2012

Just spent the weekend here at the San Soloman Courts in Balmorhea State Park. Got a room with two beds and kitchenette. I was told they don't supply anything, so we packed in what we needed. The rooms are older and worn, but were very clean and comfortable. The grounds were very quiet and relaxing. This is the most convenient place to stay if you plan to spend time in the park. The park rangers were very friendly and appreciative of us supporting the State Park (of which all State Parks are in need of support right now). I would definately stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
7  Thank jebbpra
Reviewed January 31, 2012

Just spent the weekend diving at Balmorhea. Loved the water! Got a room with two beds and kitchenette. I was told they don't supply anything, so I packed in what I needed. I think 'jbza' must have been expecting special treatment. The rooms are older and worn, but were clean. I expected to need bug spray based on all the bug comments, didn't see even one bug in my room! Staff was really nice. Grounds were clean. The place could definitely use some updating! But I wasn't expecting a Marriott. I expected a clean, warm place to shower and sleep and visit with my dive friends after a great day of diving and that is what I had.

Room Tip: Room 7 had a lovely view of the stream behind the motor court and the sun rose over it...lovely!
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank DiveChick630
Reviewed August 5, 2010

The spring fed pool is wonderful and would recommend visiting it, but the attached state park motel is awful. For our party of 4, we had 2 towels, one soap and absolutely nothing is supplied in the so called kitchenette, rooms are dark and dingy. Our neighbors violated all state park/camping rules by smoking, drinking openly on their patio attached to ours, cursing, throwing things into the wee hours of the morning. One cannot call the office to complain, because there are no phones and the rangers all leave the office for the night, so you would have to find and walk to the ranger's home at 3AM to file a complaint. In the morning we did complain, and the ranger talked to the neighbors, but they loudly commented that would be doing it all again the next night (the ranger had said this group were "regulars". Scary, very scary. We left after one night (had planned to spend 3) and luckily got into the Indian Lodge in Ft. Davis. Unless you like staying near obscenity screaming drunks throwing footballs on your window--stay far far away from this place.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
6  Thank jbza

Been to San Solomon Spring Courts? Share your experiences!