“Beware!!!!!”

Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Tomball
San Antonio, Texas
“Beware!!!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2012

After booking a room with this hotel on bookings.com, merely hours after my father had a major stroke, while in route from San Antonio to Tomball, a 4 hour trip, I received a call on my cell phone from the desk clerk at approx 11pm informing me there was a mistake and they had no rooms available. Three days later I receive an email from bookings.com stating that Comfort Suites had billed me for a no show that morning. After repeated attempts by bookings.com and myself personally, the GM, also the owner, Muhammad stated I was a no show and would get no refund. I travel for a living and must say I have never had such an unpleasant dealing with a Comfort Suites but will likely never stay at one again if they condone this type of business from there franchisees. I have referred this to the Chamber of Commerce in Tomball (who is acting upon it, thank you very much to them), will be referring to the BBB when time allows from caring for my father, and finally Comfort Suites corporate. Stay away from this hotel in Tomball, there are plenty of clean reputable national chains there to choose from, these people are unscrupulous bad business people. BEWARE! Read some of their reviews on hotels.com too if you don't believe what you read here.

Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Boerne, TX
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2012

Double bed suites were spacious and well furnished. Lighting in room was dimmer than I would have preferred but acceptable. Good location for either family or business travel as it is located far enough away from more congested areas of Houston but close enough for an easy commute. Only negative was the limited signage made locating the property after dark more difficult.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Taufiq U, General Manager at Comfort Suites Tomball, responded to this review, December 7, 2016
Thank you for your nice Review.

We are glad you liked the Spacious Room and Hotel Location.

Yes, we need a good Road Sign as we are just off from 249. We have plans for that in near future.

Thanks for sharing.

McAllen, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2012

Comfort Suites is pretty average in a good way. Big clean rooms, nice beds, comp breakfast, etc. But when I had a strange change-of-plans situation, they were exceptionally accommodating when they really didn't have to be. To a person, each employee made an authentic attempt to understand our peculiar circumstances and patiently work with us to our satisfaction, especially Manager Muhammed Owais, who smiled through it all. Thank you for making what might have been a bad experience a great one. The food at The Goodson Cafe across the street is exceptional as well.

Room Tip: Set back from Business 249 behind a strip center helps cut the traffic noise.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Taufiq U, General Manager at Comfort Suites Tomball, responded to this review, December 10, 2016
Thank you for nice Review.

Please come again

Alpine, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2012

Stayed here three nights for a business trip. The lobby and dining area was small but very nice. The choices in the breakfast area were more than average, including various small boxes of cereal and Pop Tarts-something you don't see everyday. There was a small computer room and printer, which I used frequently. The pool is not heated, the hot tub is very small, but nice, Clean towels were left out for use. My room showed a little wear and tear, not too much, and was not super clean, but not too bad. My sink in the bathroom did not drain, it was promptly fixed the next day. When I took a shower, the water did not seem hot enough. I could hear people in the other room. Did not care at all or the pillows, they are smaller than standard size. I had to make a "nest" out of them, and my neck was a little stiff in the morning. I absolutely loved the day manager, Nellie, and the night person, a blond lady. They were attentive, and took a personal interest in making sure my stay was as nice as possible, thanks!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Midnightred2003
Thank you for sharing your nice review.

Nellie and Julie are still with us.

We are making plans for more improvements in our Service and also at the Facilities level.

Lumberton, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2012

My wife and I have stayed at this Comfort Suites several times over the past couple of years. Each and every time has been a very good experience. We both have a severe allergy to cigarette smoke, and staying somewhere that we don't have to be concerned about that has been great. They even had staff on hand to prepare breakfast on Christmas morning. We would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone planning a trip to the Tomball/Northwest Houston area.

Room Tip: Be sure to let the staff know if you have any special needs. They are very good about taking care o...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank WT E
Taufiq U, General Manager at Comfort Suites Tomball, responded to this review, December 5, 2016
Thank you for your continued support.

Thank you for Sharing your happy Experience.

Worcester, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2011

Property was very clean and well taken care of. I had a complaint about the door to my room and they moved me without a problem. The staff was friendly, easy to understand, and quick to accommodate my requests. Morning breakfast was pretty good too; actual scrambled eggs, etc.

And then there was the shower. They have fantastic water pressure here! I absolutely loved it. If I ever have to go back to Tomball, this is where I'll stay.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Mary V
Thank you for your nice feedback.

Our Spacious Rooms with Office Desk and WiFi ... plus good Breakfast, Fitness Center and Indoor Swimming Pool and Business Center are good for business travelers.

Thanks for Sharing.

San Antonio, Texas, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2011

This was my first experience in a Comfort Suites and all I have to say is that it was great.The lady in the front was very helpful.We were not satisfied with the room that we received so she moved us to another and it was alot better.I highly recommend this hotel for anyone making a trip to Tomball, Texas.We were there for the Renassance Festival and she was very accomodating.Breafkast was good with alot of healthful items there.We arrived very tired but after a good nights sleep on their beds we were refreshed and ready to go...

Room Tip: rooms on the first floor are great but not at the entrance...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Eli V
Thank you for your nice Review.

Glad you had a good happy all around Hotel Experience.

Our friendly staff is trained to resolve any issue that come up and make all efforts to make the Guest's Stay pleasant and comfortable. We are happy you liked the Staff and the Beds and the Breakfast.

Thank you for Sharing.

Please come again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Tomball
Hampton Inn & Suites Tomball
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Houston NW - Tomball Area
La Quinta Inn & Suites Tomball
Staybridge Suites Tomball
Residence Inn by Marriott Houston Tomball
Courtyard Houston Northwest
Courtyard Houston Northwest
#216 of 504 in Houston

Been to Comfort Suites Tomball? Share your experiences!