“Never would have known!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Nook Restaurant
Ranked #12 of 139 Restaurants in Tomball
Cuisines: American, Diner, Cafe
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Magnolia, United States
“Never would have known!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2014

This place is a local favorite no doubt. The waitresses know their customers by name and if you are a new face you stand out! But what fun that is too because after you leave you are a regular. Good breakfast, big portions. This place is very small just a few tables. It gets its name accordingly. Passing through Tomball, TX The Nook needs to be a place to stop and learn from the locals.

Visited June 2014

Tomball, Texas
“Favorite Breakfast Place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2014

LOVE this place! We go at least once a week. Have tried just about everything on the breakfast menu between my husband and our friends who usually go with us. All of it very good food. LOVE the turkey reuben! Love the staff.

• Visited January 2014
“Great Breakfast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

A quaint small diner, family owned with personality. Breakfast is just the way mom's use to cook it. This is a bright place with lots of glass. A good way to start your day.

Visited June 2013
Houston, Texas
“Tiny Place, Big Breakfast”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2013

We found this place while looking for another and I'm very glad we did. I was checking TripAdvisor for a particular restaurant and The Nook caught my eye because of its rating. We decided to give this interesting place a try.

We only waited a couple of minutes on a Sunday morning to get our booth. The seating is "cozy" but the tiny building is clean and the enticing smells draw you in.

We were impressed by the staff and their friendly, excellent service. They greeted most folks by name and seemed genuinely interested in their customers. Our cups and glasses stayed filled as the staff bustled around fulfilling needs.

I ordered the Chicken Fried Steak and Eggs and it was simply divine. The gravy was homemade excellence and there was way more food on my plate than I could possibly finish. The only downside was the hashbrowns. They didn't have the crisp exterior I prefer. That certainly didn't detract from my excellent meal.

My companions had bacon and eggs and sausage and eggs, respectively, and raved about the food. The bacon was extra crispy and the sausage was done to perfection.

And, oh my goodness, they were serving homemade cinnamon rolls as big as my head! We didn't have room to try one but they looked amazing and they were getting raves.

Reading the weekly specials on the chalkboard convinced me we need to go back for dinner sometime soon. The Nook is an excellent find tucked away in a parking lot. They deserve rave reviews but I'm afraid that when the word gets out it will make the wait much, much longer!

We'll definitely be back!

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
The Woodlands, Texas
“THE place for breakfast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2012

Expect a wait on Sat or Sun morning for breakfast. But the food, service and price are perfect. The pancakes are really really good. I prefer the omelettes - which don't have extra "fillers" that you find at places such as Denny's. It is all eggs, meat, cheese, veggies, etc.

Really like the breakfast tacos - and the southwest omelette - and oh, the pancakes. Family owned/operated. They remember you, your family and your order!

Visited November 2012