“Standard comforts, good service in Tomball”

Hampton Inn & Suites Tomball
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Tomball
College Station, Texas
“Standard comforts, good service in Tomball”
Reviewed December 16, 2011

Stayed here with family over the weekend. The location is just to the east of Highway 249. Very convenient to anything in the Tomball area, about 30 miles from downtown Houston or IAH.

Standard Hampton Inn quality, very clean and reasonably new.

The staff here is exceptionally friendly and helpful. The housekeeping staff provided extra towels and pillows upon request and left cheery helpful notes that made it clear they were happy to assist more...we left a big tip for them.

Front desk help were similarly helpful and friendly.

The only complaint: The breakfast had the usual plasto-breakfast foods, this would benefit from a re-think and just a little more effort. Bread/bagles/muffins were slightly stale on all days; Scrambled eggs are day-glo artificial yellow and truly awful; Sausage patties have a similar industrial by-product aspect to them; More fresh fruit and juices would be a welcome addition.

Overall this was quite good value for money and a very good location.

Would benefit from a small 'fridge and microwave in room.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank 12Aggie

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Houston
Reviewed November 10, 2011

We booked this place for our guests and us for our daughter's wedding because let's face it Tomball doesn't have a lot of choices. After speaking with their event coordinator wee booked a block of rooms, one of the reasons we choose this was because they offered a shuttle service for our guests. But two weeks prior to wedding while doing our final confirmations to check on our block of rooms and our driver for the evening we were informed by the desk clerk that we would need to speak with the manager. Because the manager wasn't in we asked for him to call us. After waiting almost a week for that return phone call we called back up only to have a desk clerk tell us that they discontinued their shuttle service and once again the manager wasn't in. I left a message with the desk clerk and a voice mail for the manager. Still no return phone call, I had to call back up there again on Monday morning at which time I was finally able to speak to the manager who informed that the shuttle service had been discontinued without notice by e-mail or phone from anyone at Hampton, so 4 days before my daughter's wedding I needed to find a shuttle service for my hotel guests. The manager supposedly was going to do some checking and see what he could find for me. That didn't happen and after telling me he was going to call me back and then later in the day having a desk clerk call me and tell me he was still working on my issue I knew he was doing nothing to help me out, I'm still waiting for that return phone call!!! I did find a company within Tomball that was actually able to help us out on short notice and did a great job! This place is fine to stay if you are just passing through the area but don't count on them for a special event, they are totally useless.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank houstonhappydays57
Missouri City, Texas
Reviewed October 23, 2011

We stayed at this hotel since a block of rooms had been reserved for a wedding we were a part of. We were skeptical but were very pleasantly surprised once we walked in the door. The hotel is only a year old and the place is spotless, very well decorated and the staff was very accomodating. We weren't able to obtain a definite early check in so we phoned on our way to the hotel and they assured us that we'd be able to get a room once we got there. We arrived about 30 minutes later and had to wait about just 10 minutes to get a room. We were so thankful! Being 7 months pregnant I didnt want to drive 2 hours dressed for the wedding!

The downsides: only two that i can think of. The bed was extrememly hard and not comfortable. My husband and I both had an awful nights sleep and left early in the am to go home and take a nap.

My only other complaint (if you would even call it that) really was the bfast buffet wasn't fully stocked. We read they had a lot more foods available than what was listed. Granted, we didn't arrive downstairs for breakfast until 930, I still thought they would've been replenishing the foods consistently given the number of people that were still there eating and still arriving to eat.

It appears the hotel is frequently booked with sports groups so you may want to request a room away from them if noise is a concern. We didnt experience any issue with noise or the kids but i could see how if you pack 3 teams into a hotel, it could be noisy regardless.

Ovreall, we had a wonderful stay. We had a King Standard which included a microwave and a mini fridge (not stocked). ALL the staff down to the housekeepers were very hospitable and kind. Our room was spotless along with the rest of the hotel from what we saw. We didnt vist the gym or pool however. A pleasant experience and surprise for sure!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank SurfTaco27
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed September 23, 2011

Hampton's have always been a comfortable place to stay for the night. With the complimentary warm breakfast buffet, there is always great value. This Hampton has great attentive management and it is by far the nicest decorated Hampton that I have stayed. Comfy and clean beds with granite counter-topped bathrooms, it was a very comfortable and pleasurable experience.

Room Tip: It's Tomball so no need to try and pick a room with a view.
  • Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank CajunTravel81
Ewa Beach, Hawaii
Reviewed September 13, 2011

Now, unless you have business, family, or need to be near one of the multitudinous hospitals near route 249 - Tomball is not a vacation spot.
I fell into the first category, so this hotel was everything I needed - pleasant staff, clean breakfast area, good wifi, and easy to find property.
There is absolutely NOTHING to do up there ... I ended up at the movie theater a few miles down the road.
Sleep quality was good, bathroom well stocked, TV had enough channels.
I would have, however, very much appreciated a refrigerator in the room.
I would return ... if I ever had to be in Tomball again .

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Boeing767
texas
Reviewed July 31, 2011

No complaints! 1yr old hotel. Front desk friendly...had a great stay and room

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Austin, Texas
Reviewed June 26, 2011

The walls are thin. I over heard my neighbors conversation while trying to go to sleep and they were using normal voices. I could also hear the lady next door clear her throat which she did all night long. I'm not a big fan of eating breakfast on a plastic plate with a plastic fork while drinking out of a paper cup but that is standard for Hampton. No USA Today newspaper on my door step which has been provided by every other hotel I've stayed at. The double queen room has no fridge or microwave. I paid $109/night for a $69 value. On the positive side it was relatively new, clean, neat, and very friendly staff. Hilton.com always shows this hotel as having no rooms available so you have to call if you have low expectations and a lot of money.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank MScram
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tomball
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Houston NW - Tomball Area
Comfort Suites Tomball
Comfort Suites Tomball
#5 of 9 in Tomball
La Quinta Inn & Suites Tomball
Residence Inn by Marriott Houston Tomball
Staybridge Suites Tomball
Embassy Suites by Hilton The Woodlands at Hughes Landing

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Tomball? Share your experiences!