“Bedbugs”
Review of Palace Inn Tomball

Palace Inn Tomball
Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Tomball
Reviewed May 4, 2013

I stayed at this hotel with my kids and had a horrible experience! While there, we saw roaches running all over the place and later on that night, we discovered that there was an infestation of bedbugs. They were crawling all around the bed and I had to contact the front desk to tell them about it. However, the guy at the front desk denied any other problems with bedbugs and I even showed him where I had killed on in the bed and it was full of blood. They did give me a refund but I am contacting an attorney on tomorrow!! Please do not stay here!!

• Stayed: May 2013
3  Thank Bedbugs00000

Reviewed November 19, 2012

this hotel is newly renovated.the pressure in the showers are great.water comes out good and hot.very relaxing hotel room, great area because your close to restaurants, shopping centers, about 25 min to the Renaissance Festival, and just across the street is HEB..for those who do not know what HEB is , the best supermarket in Texas.Security is great and owners are very friendly.they also offer a continnental breakfast whisc consists of fruit, cereal,coffee,oj,waffles,muffins and toast.i highly recommend this place....

Room Tip: bottom floors, rooms 112-120
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Eli V
Reviewed November 14, 2012

Our stay at this property started off on a bad note. We were left standing in the lobby for nearly 30 mins before someone came out from the back to acknowledge and check us in. That 30 mins was time we didn't have since we were running late for the wedding we came to attend.
With the exception of the check in issues, our stay was fine. The rooms was clean and well equipped. The shower was great but the towels were small, thin and very worn.
The address given will not get you there but it is easy to find once you get close. It is called a "Super 8" but in the lobby all S8 logos are covered with signs calling it something else. Not sure which is correct

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank catchnrays
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I booked this hotel because it had received good reviews, but it changed ownership recently to "The Palace" and is under new management. The sheets were pink (appearing to have been laundered incorrectly) and the breakfast was almost non-existent and ended at 9:00 on the weekends. Walls are very thin and conversations from adjacent rooms could be heard as well as outside traffic noise. It is no longer the good value it previously was.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank PCO1025
Reviewed October 8, 2012

Nice place, convenient to Houston area and freeways.
Nearby restaurents are OK.
Will probably stay here again on my next visit to NW Houston.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Reviewed August 5, 2012

We wanted to find a place to stay that was close to The Woodlands. We heard about Tomball and decided to take a look. Upon arriving we found the Super 8 right in town. We went and got a room, the front desk clerk was amazing and very polite, the rooms were fantastic, and after a long day in the sun we came back to the room and got a great nights sleep. Will definitely stay here again if we come through Tomball, TX again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 15, 2012

The rooms looked like Holiday Inn rooms! I later discovered that the head housekeeper previously worked for Holiday Inn. The room was diffenatley worth more than their relitavely low cost(from experience with expensive hotels). The young Indian employee went out of his way to make sure I enjoyed my stay, he gave me directions, faxed & scanned something for me, & advised me to eat at the best restaurants in the area which were located all around the hotel. I could eat Chinese, Mexican, American, & French food just by walking to those close restaurants. I talked t the Manager regarding the bed bug issue & he said e BugPolice sprays every month & I did not see a single bug during my 1 week stay with them. Overall the hotel was clean & peaceful, located in the heart of Tomball, & their entire staff was very helpful & polite, however their breakfast was moderate, but I can't really expect much from a continental breakfast. I gave this hotel a 5 star rating because it satisfied my needs as a guest & I left happy!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo