“Super 8 or not?? Address is not correct”
Review of Palace Inn Tomball

Palace Inn Tomball
Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Tomball
Midlothian, Texas
“Super 8 or not?? Address is not correct”
Reviewed November 14, 2012

Our stay at this property started off on a bad note. We were left standing in the lobby for nearly 30 mins before someone came out from the back to acknowledge and check us in. That 30 mins was time we didn't have since we were running late for the wedding we came to attend.
With the exception of the check in issues, our stay was fine. The rooms was clean and well equipped. The shower was great but the towels were small, thin and very worn.
The address given will not get you there but it is easy to find once you get close. It is called a "Super 8" but in the lobby all S8 logos are covered with signs calling it something else. Not sure which is correct

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank catchnrays

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Austin, Texas, United States
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I booked this hotel because it had received good reviews, but it changed ownership recently to "The Palace" and is under new management. The sheets were pink (appearing to have been laundered incorrectly) and the breakfast was almost non-existent and ended at 9:00 on the weekends. Walls are very thin and conversations from adjacent rooms could be heard as well as outside traffic noise. It is no longer the good value it previously was.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank PCO1025

Travelers are raving about these Tomball hotels

La Grange, Texas
Reviewed October 8, 2012

Nice place, convenient to Houston area and freeways.
Nearby restaurents are OK.
Will probably stay here again on my next visit to NW Houston.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Nacogdoches, Texas
Reviewed August 5, 2012

We wanted to find a place to stay that was close to The Woodlands. We heard about Tomball and decided to take a look. Upon arriving we found the Super 8 right in town. We went and got a room, the front desk clerk was amazing and very polite, the rooms were fantastic, and after a long day in the sun we came back to the room and got a great nights sleep. Will definitely stay here again if we come through Tomball, TX again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Gulf Shores, Alabama
Reviewed May 15, 2012

The rooms looked like Holiday Inn rooms! I later discovered that the head housekeeper previously worked for Holiday Inn. The room was diffenatley worth more than their relitavely low cost(from experience with expensive hotels). The young Indian employee went out of his way to make sure I enjoyed my stay, he gave me directions, faxed & scanned something for me, & advised me to eat at the best restaurants in the area which were located all around the hotel. I could eat Chinese, Mexican, American, & French food just by walking to those close restaurants. I talked t the Manager regarding the bed bug issue & he said e BugPolice sprays every month & I did not see a single bug during my 1 week stay with them. Overall the hotel was clean & peaceful, located in the heart of Tomball, & their entire staff was very helpful & polite, however their breakfast was moderate, but I can't really expect much from a continental breakfast. I gave this hotel a 5 star rating because it satisfied my needs as a guest & I left happy!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Coulterville, Illinois
Reviewed April 3, 2012

Stayed here March 30 & 31 2012. We had a wedding to attend in Magnolia. Super 8 in Tomball was only hotel for smokers. I was afraid after reading from a previous post about bed bugs to stay here., but after reading about bed bugs on internet found they can be found in fancy hotels also so took a chance. We had 2 rooms for for 4 of us. Both rooms were clean but nothing fancy. This is a no frills hotel. Ice machine room was very dirty.........over flowing trash with a bag of popcorn spilled.......they finally did clean it up on the 2nd day. My brother & sister went down for breakfast. They came back and told hubby & I not to bother going . Brother said they had 1 kind of cereal (fruit loops) he wanted frosted flakes, they didn't have much of anything else. We all went to Denny's ............it was great !!!!!!!! For the money ($188.00 for 2 nights 2 adults) really expected more but smokers can't be too choosy I guess. The woman at front desk was very nice.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank 1CopperPenny1957
tomball
Reviewed September 6, 2011

they staff went over and beyond to accommodate my family and i. it was a unexpected situation with a happy, safe, clean and peaceful ending.

Room Tip: tomball super 8 the best prices are here.