“Green Egg Cooking/dinner class”
Review of Grady's Line Camp Steakhouse - CLOSED

Grady's Line Camp Steakhouse
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Grady's Line Camp offers off-site and on-site catering. In addition to our indoor dining area and kitchen, we also have a fully equipped chuck wagon. Seating - The entire restaurant (approx 2300 square feet) seats 100 people. Menu Selection - Unless you want a specific menu, which can be arranged with our staff, you can simply request our current catering menu and select the type of meal you would like for your group. Reception Area -The back covered porch is an ideal place to receive guests and offer drinks and appetizers before being seated.
Reviewed April 24, 2014

Grady Spears needs to read his own website....if you go to it click on classes and events. April 23 was a green egg cooking class for $85.00. It included a 3 coarse meal and cocktails to match...as well as instruction on how to cook on the intensely hot green egg grill.

Well he had no green egg grill. He had no drinks at all. Says I was suppose to BYOB. And no 3 coarse meal to go along with the $85.00 instructions. Steaks (cut up in pieces) and grilled corn and root vegetable. No appetizer or dessert.

When I said something about the class description he said I could just leave if I wanted to...yeah since he had already charged my credit card almost $400.00 for the four of us. Plus an hours drive in traffic. The grill he used was a huge open grill like cowboys use....not even close to a green egg covered grill. His class was grilling 101, not the skill level for people interested in a green egg level of grilling.

We spent another $60.00 stopping on the way home at Hoffbraugh for wine and dessert. All communication was through email....so it would have been very easy to change the entire class description and give us the option of cancelling.

6  Thank billcyd

Reviewed February 23, 2014

This was our second visit to Grady's Linecamp. We had such an enjoyable experience the first time, couldn't wait to get back to try again. The food of course is fantastic. Very tasty and always cooked just right. Grady himself is very approachable and is constantly coming by to just chat and make sure everything is to our liking. The food takes a little while to get to the table, but to us that just means more time to enjoy the surroundings. It is very laid back and you feel just like you are in your own backyard for a cookout. We prefer to sit outdoors and enjoy the pleasant evenings. This time they had live entertainment that was very good. Not too loud but the duet had excellent voices. We live in Arlington, so it is over an hour to get there, but well worth it. Will be going back very soon

2  Thank John M
Reviewed February 14, 2014

My first visit here wasn't very good food wise or service but wanted to try it again. Three food items were the best I've ever had of that variety and would love them again! The chicken fried steak (23 bucks) itself wasn't anything different than anywhere else but the batter made it outstanding! Many places have such thick hard batter that I end up peeling it off as it's too hard to chew. This was light and flaky and made me want another one! the cream gravy is a tad too bland for my palate and would have liked some salt or a little more flavor. There are no salt and pepper shakers. Next time, I'm bringing a packet in my pocket! :-) The corn muffins were delicious! Most cornmeal products tend to be dry and gritty. These were so smooth like cake batter. They came with honey butter. I ate mine and asked for more and she (cyndi) brought us each one more. A little skimpy with seconds to me when you pay that much for food. The other yum was the mashed potatoes! They had a tanginess to them like sour cream or a sharp cheddar. They were so good I did ask for more but she never brought it, remiiniscent of our first visit when I asked for more squash casserole and she said ok but it took two askings before she brought me one tiny spoonful that took two bites to swallow. The other two sides was one carrot each that was roasted and a small spoonful of corn that had been cut off the cob. It was a little tough and hard to chew for me and had no flavor. I liked the little spoon of grits on the plate as he is creative with food and it was the first grits I ever liked and would eat some more! Our glasses were never refilled at all and sat empty til we managed to flag her down for a to go box and the bill. She was standing near the doorway looking around. there were only 7 tables occupied and more than one server and if they want you to tip 20% they should show up a little. The few times she did come over and that was to bring the food, she was friendly. The bill was 60 bucks before tax for 2 chicken fried steak dinners and 14 for 4 stuffed jalapeno peppers. Definitely not worth it and not much taste. The presentation was pretty however stacked on a tiny drop of grits and drizzled with bbq sauce. I did 15% on the tip which I rarely do. I always do 20 or more but with such little service and empty glasses and not willing to bring another bite of seconds for that big bill, I felt that was more than sufficient for service rendered.

Reviewed January 30, 2014

The WORST service in town. Was told its BYOB yet they charge you $10 for bringing your own wine and $15 for your own beer all of which you are not told about until the bill comes. The steaks were good but nothing to brag about. Was served cold food and the waitress was rude and even scoffed at the tip. The 4 very small quail wings for a $15 appetizer was a rip off. The menu offers nothing but very high priced mediocre food. Used to brag about this place. Now I'm embarrassed.

4  Thank casey90donnelly
Reviewed January 26, 2014

This was our 4th visit to Line Camp. The first was fabulous. Second one, not as great as the first. Third mediocre. Last, totally disappointing. We had an 8 p.m. reservation because we were told they were packed until that time. We arrived at 7:40 to find about 1/3 of the tables empty. There were about 4 or 5 staff members working the tables. We were immediately seated and the hostess brought us silverware, bread plates, water and wine glasses. (Line Camp is now byob) I asked for a cork screw for our wine bottle and the hostess said she would look for one. The waitress came about 10 minutes later to take our order. Again, I asked for a cork screw and she said they were missing, but she would find them. She invited us to go the salad bar for salad. There were 2 kinds of salad. A mixed greens with apples and crispy tortilla strips and cole slaw. Both were good, but not as great as our previous trips. We finished our salads and were still waiting on a corkscrew and bread. Finally, 45 minutes after we were seated, the waitress uncorked our wine. The hostess later came to clear our salad plates and I asked about bread. She seemed shocked were not brought any and brought us some. The corn muffins and honey butter were very good.

Our dinner finally arrived an hour after we ordered it. Entrees were lukewarm, but not hot, as if they had been sitting in the kitchen awhile. I had the ribeye, recommended by the waitress. It was tough and needed salt. When I asked for salt, she said they had a salt and pepper mix she could bring me. I don't like black pepper, so she brought me a plate of salt from the kitchen. My husband had the jumbo shrimp in jalapeno wrapped in bacon. They were very good, but lukewarm. A plate of sides to share was also brought with the entrees. Sides were grits, mashed potatoes, carrots and corn. All were hot, as if they had just been plated. The potatoes were excellent, grits a bit dry, carrots very good and corn had hard bits of cob in it, so it was not really edible.

We finished about half of our food and asked for a to go box. Over all, we felt ignored by our waitress. We could see her running around like she was busy, but she only had 3-4 tables and did not seem to be doing much for any of them. Water was not kept refilled, we had to flag her down when we needed something. It just was not a positive experience.

The biggest shocker came when we got the bill. They charge a $15 cork fee. This was not disclosed when I made the reservation, and was encouraged to bring my own, or when she uncorked our wine. I don't object to a cork fee, but $15 is excessive, especially when we had to wait 45 minutes for our wine to be opened.

Needless to say, we won't be going back.

3  Thank angela715