“Horrible service overpriced cold food”
Review of Grady's Line Camp Steakhouse - CLOSED

Grady's Line Camp Steakhouse
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Grady's Line Camp offers off-site and on-site catering. In addition to our indoor dining area and kitchen, we also have a fully equipped chuck wagon. Seating - The entire restaurant (approx 2300 square feet) seats 100 people. Menu Selection - Unless you want a specific menu, which can be arranged with our staff, you can simply request our current catering menu and select the type of meal you would like for your group. Reception Area -The back covered porch is an ideal place to receive guests and offer drinks and appetizers before being seated.
Reviewed November 25, 2013

The supposed manager was our waitress. She was incredibly rude to not only other guest but staff as well. The steaks were cOld, it took 3 hours, we had 3 people 3 glasses of wine and 3 steak dinners our bill was 375.00. When asked how being we had 3 steak dinners for 35, 3 glasses of wine for 12.50 that it didn't make sense, she got upset and said she was the manager and didn't have time to deal with us. Let me say there were 3 tables in the restaurant the 3 hours we were there. As far as the celebrity chef he doesn't even cook he walks around and drinks. No wonder everyone says to go to 1890. Don't waste your time or money.

4  Thank Sarah_underwood

Reviewed November 25, 2013

First visit. My daughter had loved his Reata restaurant in Fort Worth so wanted to try it. Read the reviews and it sounded good.Upon being seated, it took some time for any server to come over at all. When she did, she said there had been a mix up. She didn't come back very often even tho they weren't full and our glasses sat empty alot of the time.
I saw a number of people had criticized the steak but love steak so I got it. For 38 dollars, bad decision! I didn't end up eating any of it. I told the server just a thin line of pink but it was red thru out and so much fat and gristle I couldn't cut it. She sent it back to be cooked more but it came right back out. Still bad so gave half to my hubby who likes rare and the rest to the cat as there were huge chunks of fat. The dressing for the slaw and spinach salad-the 2 offerings was delicious as were they. Very simple, few ingredients but they worked. The hit of the meal for me were the corn muffins with bits of bacon and the squash pie, raved on here by others! The chef likened it to a quiche and that is pretty accurate. I could taste tangy cheese and it had been baked to rather crispy. So good. When the waitress said family style sides, I imagined small dishes of food like babes but all the sides were on one plate together. Just a small spoon of each, not even a serving. When I asked if I could have more squash since I couldn't even cut the steak much less chew it, she said yes but then didn't bring it until I asked her again when we were all thru. The blackberry crisp is 9 bucks but enough for two and it is good. The crust/crunch on top is a little too hard but is yummy and accents the tartness of the fruit. I would try it again sometime, hoping for better service and a meat I could actually eat. The chef talked up alot of the tables but barely asked if things were ok. I felt uncomfortable dissing his steak but Hoffbraus and Texas roadhouse way out do it. Will try something different if I go back. I just hated paying 38 plus tax for mine to just be able to eat a few tiny spoonfuls of sides.

1  Thank diane l
Reviewed November 11, 2013

The food was great. Atmosphere was great. We met Grady while we dined, he was very nice and welcoming. The only issue was no lighting at the gate entrance. It's dark out there.

1  Thank CKtraveler_13
Reviewed November 3, 2013

We were pleasantly surprised at the atmosphere and cordial, accommodating service in this very rustic setting. Our group had a sampling of double cut pork chops, barbecue chicken, chili rellenos and shrimp. All were nicely prepared and presented along with corn muffins and honey butter. A salad bar of greens with a special house dressing and cole slaw was included. Although a little pricey, the experience was something we all enjoyed. We finished it off with pecan pie and blackberry cobbler a-la-mode.

2  Thank onjerrys
Reviewed October 20, 2013

Most restaurants can do a satisfactory job when everything goes according to plan. But we all know that things do not always go according to plan. That was the case last night at Grady's. There were clearly some challenges in the kitchen, but Grady and his staff did an extraordinary job of keeping everyone happy. Grady was everywhere in the dining room, going from table to table, and our server, Stephanie, kept checking in with us.

We had a great time. It is a wonderfully inviting facility, and all the guests seemed to be enjoying themselves. Once the food arrived, it was excellent, as usual. We have followed Grady Spears for years, and last night was probably the best time that we have had at one of his restaurants.

We highly recommend Grady's Line Camp to anyone in the DFW area looking for and outstanding meal in a casual setting.

1  Thank texasville