Our daughter was married at the Woodlands in October. The reception itself was very nice and very well staffed. The food was good, as well as the service. The hotel is another story. We stayed in the new section and had a very nice large room. We also stayed in the George Mitchell suite, it needed some refurbishment but the location was great and we enjoyed size of the suite.
Our complaint would be with the hotel service. I think the best way to describe it would be "non-accomodating". The hotel was practically empty ( 5 cars in our lot) but when we asked for a poolside room, I was told that would be an additional $40 a night. We were spending well over $20,000 at this hotel. I asked for a roll-away for one night and was told this would be another $25. I asked for the porch furniture to be cleaned, it was filthy and the maintance man came and cleaned the window. I asked him if he cleaned the furniture and he told me, "yes" but he had not. When we left, the valet watched my husband make 3 trips with a trolley to the suite without offering help.
We encountered a few courteous, helpful employees in the week we were there but they were the exception. My over all review would be that for this kind of money this type of service is unacceptable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in 28,000 acres of forest north of Houston, the newly renovated Woodlands Resort is a destination of fun and relaxation. Just steps from 406 deluxe guest rooms are two championship golf courses and the Forest Oasis water park with 1,000 foot lazy river. Guests enjoy seasonal poolside dining, dive-in movies and family-friendly entertainment. Other resort amenities include a full-service spa and fitness facility, 190 miles of trails, and tennis courts. Explore the property's three restaurants or lounge, plus nearby shopping and entertainment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelClick, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotwire, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, getaroom.com, Orbitz, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Woodlands Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Woodlands Resort And Conference Center
- The Woodlands Hotel The Woodlands