We were in Houston for a medical conference and decided to drive to the Woodlands for a 2 day getaway. It was a quick and easy drive from Houston. The front desk staff were friendly and check in was easy. Our room was in the older section and was in severe need of remodling. It was so small you couldn't even open the front door if the closet was open. It was extremely dark and dreary inside and the water had a foul odor. I had read the previous reviews about the older rooms and they were right. Pay the extra money and stay in the new section! In addition to a nicer room, you will be much closer to the pool area. Our room was about a 5 minute or more walk in the 100+ degree weather. I will say that the staff that drove around in the golf carts were very nice and would offer us a ride to the pool entrance whenever they saw us.
Now for the good: The pool area is amazing! That is the only reason I gave this 4 stars. Our 13 and 7 year old girls had a blast. The 2 slides are very fun, even for adults. My 7 year old loved the balloon maker and the clown painted one of the best butterfly faces on her that I have ever seen! The pool food is pricey but the staff was very attentive. We put our towels out early and had no problem with saving chairs.
As far as the internet, it was $10/day in room but you could access it free in the lobby anytime. The front desk also printed our boarding passes for free which was very helpful.
Overall, this was a fun, easy family vacation with great activities for our kids.
If you enter the main lobby area and walk all the way through the conference center hallway you will find a small shopping center with a good size grocery store. The rooms had no fridge but it was nice to stock up on snacks.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in 28,000 acres of forest north of Houston, the newly renovated Woodlands Resort is a destination of fun and relaxation. Just steps from 406 deluxe guest rooms are two championship golf courses and the Forest Oasis water park with 1,000 foot lazy river. Guests enjoy seasonal poolside dining, dive-in movies and family-friendly entertainment. Other resort amenities include a full-service spa and fitness facility, 190 miles of trails, and tennis courts. Explore the property's three restaurants or lounge, plus nearby shopping and entertainment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelClick, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Priceline, Orbitz, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your The Woodlands Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Woodlands Resort And Conference Center
- The Woodlands Hotel The Woodlands