“Weekend Getaway”

The Woodlands Resort & Conference Center
Ranked #3 of 18 Hotels in The Woodlands
“Weekend Getaway”
Reviewed July 14, 2014 via mobile

Had a great stay. Staff was very friendly and went out of their way to help. New construction made parking a little difficult, but it will be nice once complete. If you have kids, I would recommend paying a little extra for a room leading to the pool. You will regret it when you get there. Other rooms are nice, but very convenient.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
woodlandsresort, Public Relations Manager at The Woodlands Resort & Conference Center, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
Pete P.,
Thanks for sharing your great advice from your recent stay! Glad to hear you had a great time. We appreciate your understanding during our time of renovation. Look forward to you staying with us again once it's all complete this fall.

Jasmine Avery

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (308)
Houston, Texas
Reviewed July 8, 2014

This was my third time to The Woodlands Resort and Conference Center but the first for my girlfriend and her daughter. I was very pleased with the day-long list of activities for kids. The resort is under-going both a major facelift and adding new attractions but despite that, the service was still top-notch. Restaurants are clean and the food is well prepared - their breakfast buffet is second to none. I appreciate their golf cart transportation service - no matter where you are, if you want a ride to anywhere on the grounds, the resort has a great staff of friendly attendants who will pick you up and drive you. I'm looking forward to returning when their building project is complete.

Room Tip: The Forest Oasis rooms (Gum building) are farthest away from main pool area but the quietest. For o...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Jkincaid0427
woodlandsresort, Public Relations Manager at The Woodlands Resort & Conference Center, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Jkincaid0427,

What a great tradition you have started with staying us for the past few years! We are pleased to hear what a great staycation you all had with us. Thank you for the kind words about our excellent staff and top-notch service. We look forward to you all staying with us again soon to see all the new fun we have to offer!

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed July 7, 2014

This was the second time I stayed here and while it was ok for a one night stop-over in The Woodlands, a 3 day business stay was rather strenuous.

I mentioned it in my last review that there is no minibar or any sort of drinks in the room, but I forget all about it until I woke up in the middle of the night...

The breakfast is good and the staff very friendly but having to take the car from the room to the breakfast room is for sure not ideal and not what a business travel is looking for.

All in all, if you are not a golfer you may be better of staying more closer to Market Street.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Sascha K
Sascha K,

Glad to hear we were able to host you for a second time visit. Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding a mini bar option in the rooms. We are always looking for ways to enhance our guest's stay so will take your recommendation into consideration. We are happy to hear how much you enjoyed our plentiful breakfast buffet. We offer golf cart rides throughout property to help get you from guest rooms to our main conference center. Look forward to hosting you again when you're in the Houston area for business or pleasure.

Beaumont, Texas
Reviewed July 6, 2014

We went to the Woodlands resort for the first time for Fourth of July weekend. I can see why people complain about the rooms but we were ok with it. Since it was a last minute trip I didn't arrive with huge expectations. Anywhere would have been fine with me. We were in the older rooms but they weren't THAT bad. But I can see where people would be mad if they expected more of a hotel atmosphere. These are more like cabin in the woods atmosphere. The maid service was not that great. Example: we found an old sippy cup underneath the edge of the bed. If we saw it, they should see it. Also, they didn't replenish toiletry items. The biggest complaint , although I knew it when I booked so I cant' complain to much, is the DOUBLE BEDS. And there is plenty of room for bigger beds. I don't know why any hotel/resort would do that these days. The main pool was super nice but only 4 ft deep. We like a deeper pool and discovered one on our side of the resort. Our room had a balcony and we enjoyed the view of the lake and ducks. One nice thing, they offered a shuttle to go see the fireworks. That was a HUGE pkus not having to bother with parking. We ordered room service once. Took about 40 minutes to get and it was just ok. I can say that I probably will go back next 4th of July. I look forward to their new lazy river and would like to see their new rooms.

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank JENTRULL
JENTRULL,

We are so glad you celebrated your Fourth of July holiday weekend with us for the first time! Thank you for sharing your feedback about our Forest Lake lodges. We appreciate you bringing the housekeeping issue to our attention so it can be addressed. Please know that rooms with 2 queen beds will be available in our new and renovated Fairway Pines room products once renovation is complete this fall. We look forward to having your family stay with us again next year and get to enjoy the new lazy river!!

Houston
Reviewed July 1, 2014

I have stayed here on two separate occasions. A Staycation with my family in a pool front room, enjoyed the fun pool area and the movies at the pool nights. Lots of walking trails and even fast food restaurants and a Starbucks next door less than a 3 minute drive away. Recently attended a conference there and there is a lot of construction but lots of friendly employees in golf carts to hep you. The conference area is very nice, great rooms with lovely lake views and THE BEST breaks with morning and afternoon snacks. The restaurant is great too, the breakfast is amazing especially the made to order omelets and waffles. Lunch buffet is something different everyday and everything was great! A great nature oasis in Houston with a fun pool zone. Remember to bring bug spray!!!!

Room Tip: Quiet side by the Lake...With kids stay by the pool.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
woodlandsresort, Public Relations Manager at The Woodlands Resort & Conference Center, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
prissyshay,

So glad to hear you have stayed with us on multiple occasions! Glad you got to experience the fun in the sun and the productive meeting environment we have to offer - the best of both worlds. Thanks for the kind words about all the delicious food options and terrific staff. We look forward to hosting you again soon!!

League City, Texas
Reviewed June 30, 2014

The outside of the hotel was AMAZING! If I was visiting in the summer with my children it would be a great place for them to play at the pool. And even my husband and I would enjoy a cocktail in the water. However, I was here in the fall 2013 for my anniversary and the room was more than a bit disappointing. Mainly because the outside is so updated and the inside (mainly bedrooms & hallways) were so outdated. Another thing that was funny to me is that they had multiple pieces of furniture and art work my mother had when I was a child (aka old). Overall, it was clean and I still had a great time. I don't think I would pay as much to stay here again.

I will say, they were doing construction for a new building at the time and if it's updated I would 100% pay to stay in THAT building only.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DollCourtney
woodlandsresort, Public Relations Manager at The Woodlands Resort & Conference Center, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
DollCourtney,

Thanks for sharing your feedback with us. As you mentioned we are currently undergoing a $60 million renovation project which will include a new guest room building, new lazy river, new steakhouse and updates to our existing Fairway Pines rooms. We would love to have you and your husband celebrate your anniversary with us again this fall to see all the new we have to offer!

Pasadena, Texas
Reviewed June 27, 2014

My wife and I have stayed here many times over probably 35 years. It has been a place to get away from our daily life. Special accommodations have been made for us many times as we enjoyed the peacefulness of the area and our "Cabin" type rooms nestled in the trees by the water. It saddens me to know these structures will be replaced by the end of this year, so we are planning a visit very soon. There have been a few disappointments, but overall would do it all over again. The staff is great and very helpful, The breakfast buffet is really good. If you have not stayed here you have missed out on a great experience. DW

Room Tip: If you want peace and quiet chose a room in one of the lodges. The pool area rooms are noisy
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Don W.,

We are so glad to hear you are planning another stay with us again soon! The Forest Lake lodges will be missed, but know that you will enjoy our new and updated room product in Fairway Pines as well. If there's anything we can do to help prepare for your next stay with us please let us know. Look forward to seeing you again soon.