This is a beautiful property. I stayed for a business conference, and for a conference it's perfect- everything is onsite and it is kind of relaxing. Problem is that most of the nicer rooms are over by the pool area, and that's a long walk (they do have a shuttle) to the main building. There's a lot of construction going on now, so short term it's a mess, but it looks like it will be nice when finished.
If you're looking for conference convenience, stay in the guest house - very close to the main building, but the rooms are a bit old, dated, and musty. Otherwise stay over by the pool.
Food was actually pretty good for a work event, but otherwise I'd go out and head into the woodlands town center.
Overall it's a really nice place. Easily a 4 out of 5.
Their front desk staff goes out of their way to help, especially marissa and Sara!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in 28,000 acres of forest north of Houston, the newly renovated Woodlands Resort is a destination of fun and relaxation. Just steps from 406 deluxe guest rooms are two championship golf courses and the Forest Oasis Waterscape™ with 1,000 foot lazy river. Guests enjoy seasonal poolside dining, dive-in movies and family-friendly entertainment. Other resort amenities include a full-service spa and fitness facility, 190 miles of trails, and tennis courts. Explore the property's three restaurants or lounge, plus nearby shopping and entertainment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Odigeo, Travelocity and Jetsetter so you can book your The Woodlands Resort & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Woodlands Hotel The Woodlands
- The Woodlands Resort And Conference Center