The Woodlands Resort
Residence Inn Houston The Woodlands/Market Street(The Woodlands)(Great Value!)
$229
$218
Residence Inn
Hilton Garden Inn Houston/The Woodlands(The Woodlands)(Great Value!)
$162
$152
$226
$219
  • Pool
$110
Hyatt Place Houston / The Woodlands(The Woodlands)(Great Value!)
$169
$199
Hotels.com
Best Western Plus The Woodlands(The Woodlands)(Great Value!)
$105
$107
SpringHill Suites Houston The Woodlands(The Woodlands)(Great Value!)
$139
Candlewood Suites Houston, The Woodlands(The Woodlands)(Great Value!)
$124
1,463 results
All reviewslazy rivergolf coursewater slidespool areaface paintingdive in moviemain buildingmain poolfrozen grapesconference centerget awaycool waterclose to homespring breakbusiness conferencegreat weekendbreakfast buffet
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 6, 2014 via mobile

The woodlands is a really cool resort especially for a work conference or meeting. I was here in Feb and it was cold so I couldn't enjoy the pool or much outdoor activities but they look like fun in the summer. I did play golf in the cold, nice course... Not too difficult.

The food at the restaurant was delicious every night and the staff was superb. I enjoyed my meeting here

Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
woodlandsresort, Public Relations Manager at The Woodlands Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2014

A_Ruizcalderon,

We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us for your conference. Glad you got to enjoy one of our two on-site championship golf courses. Thanks for the kind words regarding our excellent staff and delicious food. Hope you'll visit us again this summer so you can experience all the fun in the sun we have to offer!

Reviewed January 26, 2014

My husband and I stayed here with another couple after our husbands had attended a business conference in downtown Houston. The other couple booked the hotel/golf package so I didn't read the reviews and I'm glad I didn't. They booked our rooms upon the recommendation of the staff and neither of us were disappointed. I think our rooms were Waterscape rooms and in the Fairway Pines I building. First of all our room was clean, always a good way to start. Our room was large with a huge bathroom. There was a large walk in shower and a double sink. The mirror over the sink was framed with a lighted frame, I'd never seen this. There also was a make up mirror. The room was quiet. The bed were very comfortable. There was a mini refrigerator in the room. The desk area had USB plug in and was very business friendly for those who may be there for business. . We initially had a plugged toilet and slow draining shower but both were fixed quickly and we had no further problems.
The breakfast buffet was included in our package and was good. There were fresh made to order omelets, waffles, pancakes. The buffet itself had fresh fruit, sausages, bacon, scrambled eggs. One morning there were biscuits and gravy. I'm sure there was more on the buffet but I usually stop at the omelet station. Friendly and efficient wait staff at the restaurant. You could also order from the menu, I never did so I can't comment on that.
The golf was good for winter golf. Challenging but not impossible, we played both courses and I liked both. The play was kind of slow but we were patient and since we were on vacation we just relaxed.
The outdoor hot tub near our rooms was very nice. Enjoyably hot but not too hot. Great for sore muscles after golfing.
The valet guys were attentive, always had our car ready when we were ready to leave and always there to park it when we returned.
The room, golf, and breakfast package was a great value and just what we were looking for.
There was a lot of construction going on but it didn't bother us. I'd like to return when it's done.
There also was a lot of road construction that made navigation challenging.
We had a great time.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
woodlandsresort, Public Relations Manager at The Woodlands Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2014

travelpartner12,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us! We're so glad to hear what a great time you all had. Glad you got to enjoy all of the wonderful amenities we offer on property. We look forward to seeing you again soon once the renovation is complete this fall!

Reviewed January 21, 2014

Very disappointed since it was our first trip and we were expecting "resort" type of rooms especially for almost $200. The rooms/wing pictured on the website were the updated rooms. Our accomodations were far from that as we were in the visibly much older section with small room accomodations with lots of chipped paint, etc. ,no refrigorator in room, the smallest coffee pot with very cheap cardboard coffee mugs,and the interior hallways were dingy and smelled like mold.

We are from a local suburban area of Houston and my son wanted a very small quick getaway for his 15th birthday. We had open plans to possibly stay another night since he was off from school for MLK day but decided that the room was not great and that going home was a much better option. Obviously not the best birthday present as far as hotel stay for my son!

Our previous trip to the Woodlands was far nicer as we stayed in the Marriott which was much more up to "resort" standards than the Woodlands Resort. The only great thing about the stay was the hot tub at the Oasis pool...obvious too cold to swim in the pool. Lastly, we did venture onto the bike trail which was easy access, but after biking for 7-10 miles around the area including the waterway, we discovered that there were many other nice/safe entry points to the same biking trail.

Room Tip: Just verify the type of room you are getting for the price as there is a definite difference in room accomodations.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Paula S
woodlandsresort, Public Relations Manager at The Woodlands Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2014

pmstout1,

We are so sorry to hear that your son's birthday celebration with us didn't meet your expectations, but we do appreciate your feedback and take your comments seriously. It's nice to hear you were able to enjoy our bike rentals and explore the wooded trails. As I'm sure you noticed during your stay, we are currently undergoing a $60 million renovation which began in April, 2013. The renovation will include 184 new guestrooms, the refurbishment of our Fairway Pines complex, the addition of a 1,000 foot lazy river and a steakhouse. With these improvements we hope your family will choose to stay with us again.

Reviewed January 14, 2014

As always, a great stay. The hotel is always great which is why I stay here so often. We stayed for New years and I don't know if I would do that again. The shops closed at 5pm and then didn't open on New years day so we didn't get full use of the area.

Room Tip: I always splurge for a suite, especially if you have kids.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
woodlandsresort, Public Relations Manager at The Woodlands Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2014

Tameka C,

Thanks for sharing with us. We're so glad you choose to stay with us again to ring in your New Year! Sorry to hear that the local shops weren't open as late as expected, but hope you got to enjoy the other fun ways to celebrate in the area. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed January 2, 2014

The good parts:
We stayed at this hotel for a wedding, which was beautiful. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We stayed in a Birch room. The room was clean. The fitness center has more equipment to choose from than some hotels I have stayed at.
The hotel is out of the way, but it was quiet, and the Woodlands Mall is nearby with over 200 stores and lots of restaurants.
Not as good:
There were three of us, but the breakfast package only included two breakfasts.
There was construction on the waterpark part, and the only pool was outside and not heated.
We had some tea in the room, and the supplies were not replenished.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
woodlandsresort, Public Relations Manager at The Woodlands Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2014

CL2884,

We are so pleased to hear you enjoyed you recent stay with us. Glad that you got to experience our fitness center and some of the local attractions as well. As you mentioned, we use the winter months for maintenance of our Forest Oasis Waterscape area to be ready for all the fun starting Spring Break! We appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again soon.