Let me start by saying that we did not pick this hotel on our own. We booked another hotel through Expedia and the day before we flew to Houston we were informed that the other hotel had cancelled our reservation due to overbooking. So at the last minute we had to find another hotel. Expedia suggested The Woodlands Resort. Our original reservation with the hotel was a king suite. We told the resort that we had to have a room with a microwave and refrigerator because we were traveling with our 3 month old. When we arrived the first thing I didn't appreciate was the parking. There is not a lot of parking right near our room. We walked up the stairs (no elevator) to our room. Our room smelled a bit musty and was humid. There was a microwave but no refrigerator. We called and told the front desk that we must have a fridge. They brought one up right away. We then noticed that out tv remote had no batteries, and we couldn't even turn the television on as the power button on the tv itself did not work. They brought us a new remote right away. The large flat screen tv was very nice. We had 2 full size beds. Ugh they were very uncomfortable! But the big pillows were great. They provided a pack n play for our daughter that worked out nicely. There was a couple of comfortable chairs and a nice size table on our very large room. We noticed that our door-wall did not have a screen. The air conditioning would turn on and blast you with cold air if you were sitting across the room from the vent but the rest if the room would remain warm and humid. The shower and bathroom were very nice and very clean. The bath and body works toiletries were nice to have as well. We were in The Woodlands to visit family so we did not get to explore the rest of the resort but it looked very nice. Next time we are in The Woodlands, we will not be staying at the resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in 28,000 acres of forest north of Houston, the newly renovated Woodlands Resort is a destination of fun and relaxation. Just steps from 406 deluxe guest rooms are two championship golf courses and the Forest Oasis Waterscape™ with 1,000 foot lazy river. Guests enjoy seasonal poolside dining, dive-in movies and family-friendly entertainment. Other resort amenities include a full-service spa and fitness facility, 190 miles of trails, and tennis courts. Explore the property's three restaurants or lounge, plus nearby shopping and entertainment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelClick, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, Cancelon, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelsforEveryone, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Woodlands Resort & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Woodlands Resort And Conference Center
- The Woodlands Hotel The Woodlands