“Should be better”

Ranked #3 of 18 Hotels in The Woodlands
Reviewed November 26, 2012

I have stayed at this property numerous times on business. It has a weird dynamic. On one hand, the rooms are very dated with what has to be 1980's or 90's furniture yet has an incredible bed/ linens combo. The dining room has surprisingly good food for this type of hotel yet the resort grounds are very average. Exterior of buildings are dated looking. I do like the refreshment stations that are on hand for conferences. This place could be a destination with a little facelift.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
woodlandsresort, Public Relations Manager at The Woodlands Resort, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2012

Grenny1968,
Thank you for your candid review. Your comments have been passed along to the appropriate departments for the attention they deserve. We appreciate your continued business.

Reviewed November 26, 2012

Wow Wow Wow! I was very impressed with my experience at the Woodlands Resort and Conference Center! I planned a big birthday celebration for my father at the resort. We needed a place that would easily accommodate my family—who flew in from across the country. Everyone was soo impressed with the property and the service of the staff members. When you first arrive at the resort, you can’t help to feel like you are in a private tucked away location. You are surrounded by beautiful trees and foliage! It’s unbelievable. Check in was super easy!! The manager on duty—Bastin helped us get settled in—explaining all the amenities on the property. He was very kind and gracious! We stayed at the Fairway Section of the resort—which was right by the pool! The rooms were amazing—and definitely worth the upgrade! Some of my family stated in the Forest Lakes portion of the resort. The rooms were older—but felt nice and cozy!
We spent the day walking the nature trails and playing games in the game room! There was plenty of fun for the entire family—from ages 5 years to 67!
The best part of the trip was our private dinner for my father’s 60th birthday at the restaurant. Our waiter Cory did a wonderful job—making sure our family felt pampered! The staff also did a great job decorating the room! They placed complementary flowers and floating candles at the table!
We also really enjoyed the breakfast buffet! The omelet station was fantastic!
We’ve stayed in several hotels in the Woodlands area, but if you are looking for a fantastic get-away—I would highly recommend you stay at the Woodlands Resort and Conference Center.

Room Tip: *Upgrade to the Fairway Section *Eat dinner on the property--the food in amazing
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank MiamiTravelGirl12

MiamiTravelGirl12,
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your amazing experience with us and others. We are pleased to have been a part of such a special celebration. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed November 18, 2012

Stayed here for 5 days on early this month (Nov'12) for a conference held by company. Overall the resort looks very nice, serene and calm atmosphere. I stayed in Fairway Pines I building whereas adjacent to a pool with a nice water tower and a small lake and golf course on the other side. Seems there's a lot we can do in this resort; golf, trekking, cycling, etc. I had meetings all day so can't comment much on these activities.

The check-in process was swift and smooth. Receptionist desk is efficient. I got concierge guarding my car in the lobby while I checked in. I was given a room with twin bed (2 single beds). I wished I could have one big bed to sleep (King/Queen size). One small thing missed by receptionist is to ask me whether I want to have single bed or twin. However, after 28 hours flight and jet lag, all I want to do is sleep. So couldn't bother to ask for another room.

I was also placed in room 4139 in fairway pines building, which is a bit far from building lobby and the actual restaurant where we could have breakfast. I always have to take car to the lobby just to have breakfast. This is my first stay here so I don't really know which area best to choose from.

The room itself is comfy, bed and pillow is OK excepts is twin beds. Room got big LCD screen which is good, TV channels selections are OK. Bathroom is average and amenities could be improved. There's only 2 bars of soap and 1 bottle of shower gels plus a set of cotton buds and cotton balls, which is useless. A bit surprise for me as I expect to have brush+tooth paste, lotions, shampoo, and shaver. Alas, I take a shower just with the soap.

The restaurant/room service is not 24hr, at least what I got from guest information booklets at the working desk inside the room. With the jet lag, I was woken up 2am in the morning, hungry, with nothing in the room but tea/coffee. Also I arrive at the weekends, and surprisingly they don't do laundry at this time (laundry services starts on Monday). Which is inconvenient.

The restaurant for the breakfast serve same menu everyday which made me boring. Also there's no halal menu available. A bit difficult for Muslim guests and left us basically with smaller menu selections. The omelet section also only have pork meat and no beef meat.

I haven't checked out the Spa facility but by looking at the price available at my room, it is just too much expensive compared to south east asian standard.

The meeting room was nice with fast WIFI connections. The snacks provided for the breaks are also of wide selections and good quality. The only things I wish the hotel could improve would be the chairs. They're old and cranky, and rather difficult to adjust. It squeaking whenever you move your body even a slight.

Overall, I would say the resort is nice place to stay for the meeting and business conference. The company paid for my stay this time and generally it is a pleasant stay. But if you're on your own, I would recommend to get another place with better value for money.

Room Tip: For future business/meeting visits, I would recommend anyone to stay as close as you can to the meet...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
woodlandsresort, Public Relations Manager at The Woodlands Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2012

Ravvlivius,
Thank you for your comments. We'll certainly share your thoughts with our team as we continue to deliver the best possible resort experience. We hope to serve you again soon should you return to the United States.

Reviewed November 15, 2012

I went there for a family function, a wedding to be exact. The property is massive and many rooms are out of the way to the main building and had to rely on calling for a golf cart transport which was not always readily available. The room I had resembled a Econo Lodge type of dwelling. No amenities to speak of. There was a nice pool area but too cold to use when I was there at the end of October. The catering facility for the reception was okay as was the food. Nothing extraordinary, but not bad. I took the hotel shuttle from the airport and was severely injured when the driver shoved me in the step( too much detail for this review) . They had a security person treat my injured leg and management sent me a cheese platter to make it better?Nice gesture but they should have referred me to a physician. The hotel overall was average at every level.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
woodlandsresort, Manager at The Woodlands Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2015

Gregg P,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us. We value our guest's feedback and are always looking for ways to better exceed expectations. Sorry to hear your guest room was not ready upon arrival as we do our best to guarantee all room requests are ready as soon as possible. We are able to hold your luggage while you enjoy our pool complex if they room isn't ready upon your arrival. Please accept our apology for the noise disturbance you encountered during your visit. Our front desk and security departments are always available for notification and happy to assist at any time. We apologize for the incorrect valet charge and have already credited it back to your account. You will receive an email of the corrected receipt shortly. If there's anything else we can do please let us know. Hope you will visit us again soon.

Best regards,
Leeann Sullinger

Reviewed November 5, 2012

The place is really nice and there seems to be a lot to do. We didn't spend much time here though.

The rooms, on the other hand, need some work. They just seem really dated. I would expect the rooms to be similar to a typical 2 or 3 star hotel. It was surprisingly unimpressive.

There are some really good photo-opportunities on the lake as well. Many types of birds and ducks... I even remember turtles as well.

Room Tip: If you're in a high foot traffic area then try to get on the second floor. Otherwise, you cannot...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
woodlandsresort, Public Relations Manager at The Woodlands Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2012

fl-traveller123,
Thank you for your candid review regarding your recent stay. We do hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed November 2, 2012

We were pleasantly surprised at the serene setting of this resort. My husband had class all day every day, but our daughter and I enjoyed laying by the pool, pampering at the spa, and the close-by shopping. It is definitely an upper-scale community, so be prepared for the expense. The restaurants and bar were definitely enjoyable also, with the only possiblenegative being not refilling your drink with meals quickly enough (but since we were with a large group, that could've been the problem). Our room was very clean and the housekeeping staff was accomodating to our schedule. Although I have no idea what the cost was (company paid), it is definitely a place that I would love to visit again.

Room Tip: Choosing a good room depends on what you want to be close to - many of them are a good walk to the m...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business

MonaEddieOdom,
We are so thrilled to hear you got to come along for your husband's work trip. We are also glad to hear you had a great time and enjoyed so many of our great amenities. We hope to have the opportunity to host you again on your next visit to Texas. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience.

Reviewed October 31, 2012

Spent a week at the Woodland for a conference.

In relation to the shared facilities such as the restaurant I am full of praise. The food at both breakfast and dinner was fresh and tasty, served by obliging staff. The grounds are lovely and well manicured. The reception staff, although efficient were business like to the point of brusque. The shuttle to the airport and mall were handy and efficient.

I stayed in the Aspen lodge which appears to be an older part of the Resort. It was close to all the facilities but showing its age a bit. The room was large and clean. It had lots of natural light and a small balcony. Bed and linen was comfortable. The bathrooom is a good size and well supplied with towels and supplies. Some of the furnishings (worn chairs and faded wall hangings) were showing their age and were due for a refit. The room was obviously used by smokers as it had a supplied ashtray and matches. I am an non smoker and noted the smokers tinge throughout the room for the entire stay.

In summary, a great conference venue with good accommodation.

Room Tip: Ask for a non smoking room.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
woodlandsresort, Public Relations Manager at The Woodlands Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2012

AussieHolidays,
Thank you for taking time to share your recent experience at our property with us and others. We hope your conference was a success. We appreciate your feedback and hope to have the opportunity to serve you again!