“Nice, but expected a little more.......”

The Woodlands Resort & Conference Center
Ranked #3 of 18 Hotels in The Woodlands
Aalsmeer, The Netherlands
“Nice, but expected a little more.......”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2012

We have stayed here for two days. Overall it was good, but our room was just average.

Pros:
swimming pool
perfect breakfast
Friendly personel
good service
really nice location

Cons:
wifi in your own room was not free (additional $10,-/24Hrs)
Beds were way too small (hickory room)

Room Tip: Aks for a room with king size bed(s) because the queen size sleeps like a double.......
1 Thank Ton S
woodlandsresort, Public Relations Manager at The Woodlands Resort & Conference Center, responded to this review, September 5, 2012
Ton S,
We appreciate your feedback and hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

The Woodlands Resort

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (309)
Katy, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2012

The place was very nice, relaxing. Breakfast buffet was terrific. The kids loved the pool, seemed to have a lot of activities for the kids. Service was a little slow though. We got the Oasis package but the bike part of it fell short. The bikes were in poor shape, and part of the bike trail was blocked off, so not sure if I'd do the package again. Our room was on the 2nd floor, with a huge skylight, so didn't quite get the sleep I was hoping for. So next time I'll make sure we're on the 1st floor, or verify if there's a skylight. But overall, we had a great experience and would go again. It's a great getaway that's not too far away.

Room Tip: If you are looking for sleep, and a dark room, get a 1st floor room or make sure the room doesn'...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
woodlandsresort, Public Relations Manager at The Woodlands Resort & Conference Center, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
Lisa B,
Thank you for taking time to share with us your experience. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again soon.

Portland, Oregon
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2012

Stayed here for a business conference and was thoroughly unimpressed with the entire property. I'm sure it was a nice place in the 1970's, but it doesn't seem like it's been freshened up since. Unless forced to stay here for business, I'd avoid.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Rich M
Rich M.
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us. We do hope to have the privilege of serving you again soon.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2012

Went for a weekend away from the city. Location is absolutely beautiful. Service quality is much lower than I would have expected. My family was not pleased. When dialing the operator, you can expect to be on hold for over a minute or maybe not even answered at all.

• Stayed August 2012
Luiscarlo,
Thank you for your candid feedback. We appreciate your business and hope to have the opportunity to win back your business in the future.

Reading, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2012

I just stayed at the woodlands resort for a week long business training seminar. I was very impressed with the property. I had one minor issue that only happened the first night, I had a connecting room and I could hear the people in the next room but from the sounds of it they must have been having a small party going on I would say at least 4 people were in the room. The rest of the stay there were people in the same room (I saw the do not disturb pine cone hanging from the door) and I didn't hear any thing for the room. I was staying in the building over by the water park pool so there were plenty of kids around but I was never bothered by any of them, usually when I've stayed in a hotel where there is a water park or water activities with a lot of kids you hear them running and yelling up and down the hall ways but non here. My room was very clean and updated except for the sink faucet which did strike me as odd as to whey the room and bathroom was updated but not the sink faucets. My bed was very comfortalbe and I always got a good night sleep. I enjoyed the pool area it was nice being able to get away after a day of business training.

The training rooms we were in were very nice and well equiped for training purposes. I must say the food was very good. I never went hungry with breakfast, lunch and snacks included in our package you would have to hate food to go hungry here. The staff was also very polite, friendly and treated you like you were number one. It kind of remined me of being on a cruise which I will be on a week long NCL cruise in a week so it was kind of like a warm up for the upcoming vacation.

I was very happy with my stay here.

Room Tip: it all depends on if you have kids or not, if you do then stay by the big pool set up, if not then a...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Polarisdan,
We are so pleased to hear you had a great experience during your week long stay with us and that you were able to enjoy some of our leisure amenities during your business trip. We do hope to have the opportunity to serve you again soon.

Bethesda, Maryland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2012

My family and I wanted to have a nice experience at the Woodlands resort for a getaway and went with the Oasis package. The property is nice but the pool area is the attraction and boy, was it a mess. People left dirty towels on the lounge chairs so you couldn't tell if they were saving it or had left. Food plates and drinks were left everywhere. When the wait staff would come by (which was not often) they would just walk past it and would not even clean up! It was disguisting having dirty plates, drinks and towels everywhere. We were hoping for a 5 star experience but it fell short :(.

1 Thank hitTHEbeachFUN
hitTHEbeachFUN,
We are sorry to hear your recent experience with us fell short of your expectations. We take our guests feedback seriously and will take your comments under consideration as we continually seek to improve our amenities and services. Thank you for your feedback; we hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2012

Another great stay at the Woodlands Resort. This is our second time and we'll be back. Had a little issue but went to the front desk staff and they were wonderful! We felt pampered from the first to the last day. The pool is great, rooms are spacious and clean, the price is right too! Great location, it's become our annual get away and recharge the batteries place1 Thank you to the management and staff!

zazfam12,
Thank you for your kind review. We are pleased to hear you had a great time with us and we look forward to having you back again in the future.