The Woodlands Resort
Residence Inn Houston The Woodlands/Market Street(The Woodlands)(Great Value!)
$229
$218
Residence Inn
$245
$239
Marriott Hotels
  • Pool
Candlewood Suites Houston, The Woodlands(The Woodlands)(Great Value!)
$97
CandlewoodSuites
SpringHill Suites Houston The Woodlands(The Woodlands)(Great Value!)
$139
Hotels.com
$186
$178
$339
$139
$107
Fairfield Inn
Hyatt Place Houston / The Woodlands(The Woodlands)(Great Value!)
$169
Hyatt.com
$220
Hotelpower.com
Best Western Plus The Woodlands(The Woodlands)(Great Value!)
$95
TripAdvisor
1,462 results
All reviewslazy rivergolf coursewater slidespool areaface paintingdive in moviemain buildingmain poolfrozen grapesconference centerget awaycool waterclose to homespring breakbusiness conferencegreat weekendbreakfast buffet
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 8, 2011

The furniture is from 1970'S with wood barrel bases and formica tops. For Real!!! The sofa had stains from who knows what. All this for only $169 Per Night. The setting was nice - The room and decor you can keep.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
woodlandsresort, Public Relations Manager at The Woodlands Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2011

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us. We are sorry to hear you got less than you expected. We offer a variety of sleeping rooms from our Lakeside Lodges to our Fairway Pines building surrounding the Forest Oasis Waterscape. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed March 7, 2011

Would recommend this hotel, as the rooms are nice, clean and spacious. The room service was excellent as was the service in all the restaurants.
Idea place to for all, 2 excellent golf courses as well as good practice facilities which are free. Excellent spa facilities to use after playing golf, tennis, hiking or cycling.
Excellent shopping malls close by. Greeting and service from all staff members was excellent,

• Stayed: March 2011
woodlandsresort, Public Relations Manager at The Woodlands Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2011

Thank you for your kind comments regarding your recent stay with us. We hope to serve you again soon.

Reviewed February 23, 2011

Checkin was fast and friendly.

Got a room in building close to reception. Asked for a quite room which I was given being located upper floor.

Room was fairly spacious, but has seen its best days.

WIFI worked very being quite fast.

Best part of the stay was the food. Breakfast and lunch was really great !

Problem with this area is that you are stuck middle in nowhere. Basically nothing to do other than to stay within the resort.

Tried the gym being good.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed February 20, 2011

My husband and I just returned from a one-night stay for our anniversary. We originally booked a room in the Forest Lake area, but, after reading the reviews about musty-smelling rooms, skylights keeping people awake and dirty grout in the bathrooms, we switched to the newer Fairway Pines area. I'm glad we did, as that area was nice, but seemed a bit dated, even though new. The room was very spacious, and the amenities and bathroom were fine. We also had a nice patio (we were on the ground floor), even if our view of the parking lot and some scrubby foliage left a little to be desired. My only complaint really was that there was no way to turn the light on the patio off, and the blackout curtains in the room did not completely close, so there was a gap with light streaming through all night. This didn't wake me up, but some noise on our patio, which sounded like someone rattling the patio door did, and it was hard to go back to sleep with that light streaming in. We think there was some sort of animal on the patio, and the main reason it made us nervous was that the lock on the patio door did not seem super secure.

We arrived earlier than check-in time because we had an appointment for a couples massage at the spa. We really liked the spa, but it was a little strange getting changed in a room without a lock on the door, and my husband, who is larger, but not large by Texas standards, could barely get his robe to close, even when the woman said he had one of the larger robes. Also, the spa was extremely cold (air conditioning blasting), and the overhead lights in the relaxation area were a bit like interrogation lights. The complimentary wine was a very nice touch, which we appreciated, but the Merlot was ghastly (yes, I know it was complimentary, but, please). The massage was wonderful, and the therapists were very nice and professional, and the room was spacious and romantically lit with (fake) candles (I appreciated the fake candles from a safety standpoint, as there were a lot of them). The people working at the spa were all very friendly and accomodating.

Before our massage, we had a great lunch in the Royal Mile Grille, overlooking the golf course. The host and our waiter were super friendly, and, although the decor was dated, it was very relaxing and pleasant. The nice thing was that it was a very short walk inside to the spa. The walk from Fairway Pines to the Royal Mile Grille was a bit concerning, as there was only the golf course cart path to walk on (no sidewalk), but the signs were pretty good.

After relaxing in our room, we drove to the Woodlands Waterway area for dinner. The resort is very convenient to that area.

The bed was comfortable, except the pillows, which were way too flat.

In the morning, we had breakfast at the buffet, which was very good. The only complaint I had was that the hostess sat us, and while we were up getting our food, they brought our coffee to our table, but as I was going to sit down with my food, the same hostess that had sat us was about to take my chair away and combine our table with another one for a large party. She said "Oh, are you sitting there?" I said, "Yes, you just sat us here 5 minutes ago." A little unprofessional, but not a big deal.

My overall comment is that the resort is extremely relaxing, and you really feel like you are far from Houston, even though you are not. The decor is very dated, but everything is well kept up, at least in the main building and the Fairway Pines building. It definitely feels more like a conference center than a resort, though.

Finally, I have to say that the business center is a total rip off, as is the wireless and internet. We paid $11.50 for 23 minutes of internet access in the business center. Also, I noticed that long-distance calls were $9.50 for the first minute and $1.45 or something per minute after that from the room. This is actually typical for other resort/conference centers I have been at, but I just think it is a ridiculous rip-off, given how much you pay for the room and dining, etc.

But, I would recommend it for a nice, relaxing getaway if you are not looking for super-luxurious, up-to-date accomodations.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 10, 2011

All inclusive wonderful wooded natural setting, friendly competent staff, great tennis, great golf, awesome swimming, relaxing spa, fun fitness, bicycle and biking/jogging trails, and dining and sports bars ! I took my husband to The Woodlands Conference Center to escape the hussle and bussle of our busy Houston life--it was a great birthday getaway weekend for us both ! We can't wait to come back !

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank GailandNeil
woodlandsresort, Public Relations Manager at The Woodlands Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2011

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with others. Thank you for choosing to celebrate your birthday with us. We like to think we offer all you need in one spot and it sounds like you enjoyed just that. We look forward to serving you again in the future.