“Great salads and pasta”

Souplantation and Sweet Tomatoes
Ranked #61 of 233 Restaurants in The Woodlands
Reviewed March 8, 2014

One of my favorite restaurants in The Woodlands area is Sweet Tomato. Not only for the well-stocked salad bar, they offer several pasta dishes, home style soups and homemade breads and corn bread. If you like salads, don't miss this one!

We had two young men that removed dishes from our table as we emptied them and refilled our glasses as needed. Excellent service in a self-serve buffet.

Reviewed January 2, 2014

We just tried this place for the first time and loved it! I love the concept of a build-your-own salad and soup buffet restaurant. My husband and I both made big, delicious salads, which we devoured. We also had soup, a couple different types of fresh bread, mac and cheese, and then went back for the brownie and soft ice cream dessert. (Gluttons? Yes. Yes we are.)
It was delicious! Highly recommended!

Reviewed November 17, 2013

The food is so good! I ate some Mac and cheese, and it was heavenly. The salad at the beginning was good. For dessert, I had a brownie with some ice cream on top. It was delicious. I hope I can go again soon.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

What happened to their star soup, the big chunk chicken noodle soup? Well, it no longer features big chunks of chicken! Now, they chop up the chicken, so the pieces are small and dried out. Also, they seem to lean towards the breast and away from the thigh meat, which lends to the chicken's dryness.

Other offerings have very little protein, except for beans.

This place has clearly had a change in management, and the changes have not been for the better. It used to be packed every day for lunch, but that doesn't seem to be the case of late.

3  Thank M_in_The_Woodlands
Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

My family loves this place even though my boys are not salad eaters they love the salads. I'm celiac and unfortunately can not eat here without getting sick. They offer an allergen book but the problem is the shared tongs and the fact that people don't keep them where they belong.