“FLAT”
Review of Jasper's

Jasper's
Reserve with OpenTable
Jasper's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 229 Restaurants in The Woodlands
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Jasper's serves award-winning gourmet backyard cuisine in an atmosphere of casual elegance. Enjoy unique and unsurpassed dishes that reflect in our "Gourmet Backyard" cuisine. Our Scratch Kitchen focuses on the best of America's regional cuisine, including wood-grilled pizzas, prime steaks, seafood, salads and desserts, Jasper's service, style and décor all work together to create an unforgettable culinary experience.
Reviewed November 26, 2013

Lack of chemistry amongst employees. The restaurant decor/setting is nice and upscale but isn't matched by enthusiastic nor well trained employees. The place simply isn't inviting and it is not cheap.

The Prime Rib is some of the finest I have ever enjoyed
Salad was pedestrian
Cheesecake was incredibly rich and delicious

Reviewed November 25, 2013

If you have the opportunity, try their business lunch. All of the food is excellent. The Maytag Blue Potato Chips are worth the trip alone.

Reviewed November 10, 2013

Nice evening patio restaurant option with great ambience and pork ribs to die for, perfectly cooked so the literally fall of the bone at the slightest touch. Good service and great value for money.

Reviewed November 3, 2013

I have been to Jasper's off and on over the years since the doors opened, not long after Hurricane Katrina in 2005. The manager then was a big guy from NOLA named Sean. He and his staff were stellar in areas of customer focus, and the food was absolutely awesome. This level of excellence has always been our benchmark against which to measure Jasper's.

Over the years, the service model changed. The food isn't any better, and in some cases it is not as good. The prices have climbed. That focus on customers has become less special - the service is good, but not as refined as it once was.

We decreased our visits after one incident where trying to schedule an 80th birthday dinner for my mom who loved the place. We called to reserve, and from the previous year, Jasper's began charging a fee - and it was not trivial. For three prior events, one being less than a year before, we had booked the private room for parties of more than ten - and of course, the bill was not small - it wasn't as if Jasper's did not make money on these events. But the policy somehow had changed. It was going to be over four digits, not including the minimum, for the private room according to an abrasive "marketing" person who told me that she did not care that we had previously had the private room without charge, that this was the new deal, and no bargaining. My son called her back and tried - but she was just as abrasive with him. ICK. We took our business to Perry's across The Woodlands who had a much better offering. Too bad for Jaspers.

It totally turned us away for a lengthy period of time - probably it was two years before we returned. My mother swore to never return - and she didn't before she passed away three years later.

Coming forward in time, on this visit in August of this year, the service model does not seem to have changed for the better - the server interrupted our business discussion, more than once, as if her agenda was more important than the customers being allowed to continue in a meeting over a meal. Just not tuned in...

The food was mostly good - but some of it is stupidly over-priced for what you get. I would say that they never have been so good with their soups when they could be for the small portions that they serve. The best meals are the grilled or BBQ'd items - and their sides are very good.

On this visit, I ordered a "grilled ahi tuna salad" sandwich. You could not convince me that this tuna did not come out of a can. It could have come from Subway. Nothing notable. Try again. Go with a burger - those are better.

The salads are not the best, either. Again, I think that they are too expensive for what you get. Here again, the sides and the mains are the best of the menu. Their desserts are good, also.

The prices are high on their wines by the glass; but I suppose that you pay for chic and atmosphere. Interesting choices, but $9 being the least expensive says it all - you have to have bunches of bucks to not be bothered by paying on the average, over $13 a glass, with the most expensive being $20, and only one being less than $10. Just being in the building does not make the wine taste better.

Their Happy Hour, however is good value - but there are limited selections. There are places that have better selections and better value.

There are good places around with really good food within walking distance of Jaspers. I really think that they are not all that wonderful, as they once were "numero uno" - and we were weekly regulars, before they changed.

Every time I visit, I think of how Jaspers once was so much better - and probably a lot of patrons do not have this as their benchmark of comparison - and it saddens me that this establishment still does not measure up to its prior level of excellence.

Reviewed October 30, 2013 via mobile

Met friends around 7pm and Jasper's bar area was definitely busy. We made reservations for a table instead which turned out be quieter. Everything we ordered was delicious. Salad, ribs, steak, everyone enjoyed their dishes. Drink orders were filled super fast and were mixed quite well. Great atmosphere, mostly business guests but there were couples scattered about. We would definitely return!