“awesome rum selection. The Saba Steak Salad rocks!”

Tommy Bahama's Restaurant & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Tommy Bahama's Restaurant & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 216 Restaurants in The Woodlands
Cuisines: American, Caribbean
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Lake Woodlands Dr
Spring, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“awesome rum selection. The Saba Steak Salad rocks!”
Reviewed June 30, 2008

awesome rum selection. The Saba Steak Salad rocks!

“Fantastic!”
Reviewed April 16, 2008

Fantastic!

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“I always get the same thing - the steak salad, which is VERY good.”
Reviewed March 14, 2008

I always get the same thing - the steak salad, which is VERY good.

“overpriced”
Reviewed February 23, 2008

overpriced

Magnolia, Texas
“Not nearly worth the money”
Reviewed February 23, 2008

My husband and I had a Valentine's Day lunch at Tommy Bahama's last week. We hadn't been there before, but had heard good things about it.

The first thing I noticed when we walked into the restaurant was an almost overwhelming smell of fake pina coladas wafting through the air. The smell went with the decor and would have been fine in the clothing store that was attached to the restaurant, but I found it very deappetizing.

We were seated in a booth with hard benches and throw pillows. My husband used one of the pillows to sit on, but I pushed mine aside. There is something a bit different about sitting on a pillow vs. sitting on an upholstered cushion and it grossed me out a bit.

The service was excellent...no complaints there. The bread was good, but the butter they served with it tasted like the air smelled - fake and cloyingly sweet. We ordered a rack of ribs and a filet to swap amongst ourselves. The sauce on the ribs had an overwhelming berry flavor. It was described on the menu as being a "blackberry bbq" sauce, but it came out tasting like burnt jam. The steak was cooked properly but I wouldn't say that it was a $36 cut of meat.

All in all, with tax and a generous (20%+) tip, our lunch tab came to around $100... for two people - no alcohol - no appetizers - no desserts. The meal was adequate - not stellar, but hardly worth that kind of price tag...certainly not for lunch. I don't see us returning any time soon.

1 Thank nrh