WINNER WONDERLAND

“Try the grilled steak tenderloin salad!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Tommy Bahama's Restaurant & Bar

Tommy Bahama's Restaurant & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Tommy Bahama's Restaurant & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 204 Restaurants in The Woodlands
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children, Kids, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Brunch, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Lake Woodlands Dr
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Try the grilled steak tenderloin salad!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

Food and service was good. My husband ordered the grilled steak tenderloin salad and I had the ahi tuna & kale salad. The grilled tenderloin was the best. One negative, the martinis were not cold and we had to add ice to them.

The Woodlands, Texas
“Over-rated crowd and over-priced food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

The food is pretty good at this restaurant, but like Consumer Reports, once you figure in the cost it drops the overall rating to average. If you like watching an older crowd getting buzzed and acting like 20-30 year old's, you'll love the atmosphere around the bar. The crowd is older because the drinks are very expensive ($10-13 margarita's). I've lived in The Woodlands for 9 years and have eaten here 3 times. The first time I ate there I found a metal spring in my rice that had fallen out of metal tongs in the kitchen. Fortunately, I hadn't had too many over-priced Margaritas and saw it on my fork before putting it in my mouth. It's an okay place, but I'd recommend eating at Jasper's or Uni Sushi.

Visited June 2013
“Great Food and Drinks”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

I've never had a bad meal here but my wife has complained that the chicken was overcooked on a few ocassions. That was a while ago though and we have had a good experience ever since then. The drinks are always perfectly made. I love the Mai Tai, but don't miss a chance to try the pineapple mojito's! I only wish they made blueberry mojitos!

The tuna taco appetizers and chicken lollipops sounded so good that I ordered them as my entre, and they didn't disappoint. Both were EXCELLENT! The atmosphere is fun, yet family friendly. The staff at the front, and the wait staff, are very welcoming to families of young kids and that's important. If you have young kids, you know what I'm talking about!

The only thing that disappoints me is if you order their special, they won't all you to substitute anything. So, if you don't like something that's part of the special, forget it. That makes me mad really because it would be SO easy to substitute one side for another.

HOUSTON
“Wow. Just. Wow.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2013

First off, I usually avoid chain style restaurants (unless I'm craving pancakes, then I'll make an exception) but can say we were extremely pleased by our visit to Tommy Bahama's. Ever since my wife and I returned from St. Lucia we've been craving all things tropical. Drinks, food, music, etc. We were so blissfully happy on the beach that we try to recreate it whenever possible. Enter Tommy Bahama's. While I wouldn't call it typical Caribbean fare, they do offer alot of flavors of the Caribbean. From Jerk Chicken and Pork, to Plantains and beans and rice, they do the region proud.
I won't go into too much detail about the food, but for the love of all things good, order the Jerk Chicken Tacos (appetizer, though we get it for an entree) and thank me later. They are one of the best things in Houston. We always end with the Pineapple Creme Brulee. Also divine. Tropical drinks, fantastic food, fun music, the only thing missing is the beach!

Battle Ground, Washington
“Good!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013

Excellent service. The menu was what you would expect from a themed chain restaurant, but was prepared very well. We were a large party, visiting the area on business from around the country and everyone seemed to really enjoy the experience.

• Visited March 2013