“OK Food, Good Service”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Lake Woodlands Dr
Reviewed May 2, 2013

My Mother & I ate here on a recent Friday night. We arrived early - about 5 - 5:30 PM. We were able to be seated outside on the patio. It's a lovely place to sit and watch what is going on in the square. It has been a couple of years since we've eaten here and the menu has been changed. There is not near as many selections and I though the prices were high for what is available.
My Mother loves shrimp & grits and orders them every time they are available. So that is what she ordered and was not happy with it. She said the shrimp was fine, but the grits tasted like they were instant with processed cheese on them. I ordered the Simple Salad - which was very good & liked the light dressing on it. Also ordered the 6 Coconut Shrimp appetizer as my entree. They were good and the Asian slaw that came with them was wonderful. Loved the fresh taste of cilantro in it. Our waiter was great, checked on us often, but didn't hover.
I gave 3 stars because my Mother wasn't happy with her meal and I would have liked to order some type of chicken dish without paying 22+ dollars.
It will probably be a long time before we go back again.

Reviewed April 24, 2013

Had an amazing dinner with friends. Ate outside with a view of the town square. Had the steak salad - highly recommended at $19.95. Steak was cooked to my specifications and the meal was well-presented. A must-stop if visiting the Woodlands!

Reviewed April 24, 2013

Tommy Bahama's is one of our favorite in The Woodlands... It always has a great atmosphere and the food is excellent. Their tortilla soup is to die for...as well as their steak salad.
You can have great Mojitos at the bar too...and if you have to limit your sugar intake, they make excellent "Splenda Mojitos"

Reviewed April 19, 2013

Have been to this restaurant several times. Love the plantain chips with black bean --- tastes much better than it sounds. Sitting outside on a sunny, warm day is exquisite on those few days we have here like that in the balmy part of Texas. The service is consistently excellent but it seems like the food just doesn't quite meet the expectations of a place like this. I wasn't disappointed, just not Wowed.

Reviewed April 15, 2013

We went to Tommy Bahama's this past Friday evening to celebrate my inlaws anniversary. Booking was easy and they even asked my wife and I what we wanted to do special for her parents...very nice. Our waiter was named Austin...he was friendly helpful and brought out a free dessert with a candle on it to celebrate.
Now as far as the food goes it wasnt anything special...we all agreed upon that. I had a burger, the wife had the fish special. neither was bad just ok. I was taken back by how small the cup on bisque was that I received...actually we all got a kick out of it, but in reality it wasn't funny. They charge a premium price for it show it should take more than seven spoonfuls to finish it.
One thing I did notice was the bar scene there...full of older cheesy men...a few women scattered about to listen to their banter and get free drinks. My wife didn't even want to walk thru there to go to the restroom. As we were leaving I saw one of the men getting carried out because of a few too many liberation's. The bartenders need to be very careful of over serving at this place. .