“Wow Woodlands Treasure!”

Cuisines: American, Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed October 22, 2013

This new eatery really impresses. The food is so fresh and almost everything is made in house. The Bun Mi sandwich had tender chicken and fresh herbs and veggies. The Texas Blues burger had the freshest flavor- house cured bacon and fresh angus beef made this great with the pickled red onions. Topped off with baked and fried Idaho potatoes and finished with a decadent Nutella banana peanut butter shake....oh my! Made this Woodlands resident so proud and my stomach so happy!

Reviewed October 20, 2013

Wife ordered the Wood Grill (added Blue Cheese) and I ordered the Texas Blues. What was immediately evident was the quality of the ingredients which were very high - especially the Blue Cheese. We had the Sesame Onion rings which were good but we should have ordered a dipping sauce to accompany. The fries were hot and crisp with a great seasoning.
We left satiated but not stuffed.
Although this is not a "traditional" burger joint - the curious toppings (fig paste as an example) work quite well on the burgers. If you are looking for an "adventure" in eating, Fieldings is a great place to try!

Reviewed October 5, 2013

In my opinion, it is critical with new establishments that your very first impression is positive. We were greeted by a girl that didn't welcome us nor crack a smile. We wanted to sit in the bar area (not directly at the bar) and she told us we would have to go up and order as there was no table service. Well, we were then approached by a very nice girl and she ended up being able to serve us (as well as serve another table in the area - ie. the hostess was just one of those negative energy people period...and in this case didn't know her product...didn't catch her name but she was wearing braids. Not a good start, oh well let's move on)

Nice menu but super expensive and everything is a la carte (fries, side sauces, etc)...which is very annoying! Although the burgers I felt were cooked decently, I like a good sear and these didn't have it. In addition, the meat lacked any seasoning. I did like the bread.

The fries seemed homemade and had good taste but I prefer them to be more well done (asked for this but it is not what I got). The bean salad was underwhelming. The sesame onion rings had a weird coating on them, a more doughy coating rather than crispy. The shake was yummy but rather small for $5. I felt we were getting ripped off with the wine as well (small pours in small glasses).
I am sorry but I just don't like being ripped off at a burger joint and this falls into this category; hence I feel this place is Unimpressive and you can find a much better value and experience elsewhere. I don't plan on returning.

1  Thank Jason563
Reviewed October 4, 2013

We have been here twice now - first, for breakfast, next for a late burger and brew. I had an excellent baked skillet for breakfast with egg, beans, and arugula - with saucy deliciousness - with an arepa which I had not had or seen in years on a menu. Coffee was awesome. The home made jam was terrific. That was breakfast...

We had burgers - had seen the "goat" burger on the menu - so, I had to try it! I like Cabrito, and I like lamb, and the goat was really good - the toppings were excellent - home-made fresh grainy bun - and a great bean salad side-dish. Good brews on their menu; also, they have wine on tap, which is unusual - all quality.

Leave it to Cary to come up with innovation with fresh food - top quality - locally sourced or house made offerings - top taste.

The service model is relaxed - you do get seated, but go up and order, then the order is brought to you - your drinks from the bar are also brought by your server.

The atmosphere is very cool - repurposed materials make this design very non-standard, but similar to the other establishments with which Cary Attar has been a founding member. An eye to the unusual, and deliberate avoidance of run of the mill ambiance is here.

We will continue to come back and "test"... Definitely!

Reviewed October 3, 2013 via mobile

Great concept from the original Hubbell & Hudson creators. The burgers are absolutely delicious! Their products are advertised as local, natural, hormone and antibiotic free. You really can taste the difference. My only "beef" is the pricing. $60 for two burgers, fries, soft drinks and a chocolate shake. I hope the owner invests his profits wisely. We would visit more often if menu prices were about 50% lower. Way too expensive!!!!! But I still rate this place 5 stars! Wait staff is exceptional.